cold case

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by debje, Sep 6, 2005.

1. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

I thought last week's show was very powerful. It does give one pause to think how that could happen to a family.

#5! It deserved it.

2. gregsandersluver

gregsandersluver Lab Technician

in the Uk i cant watch cold case atm and i want too sooo bad scotty n lily are ace go them :'(

3. edog

edog Lab Technician

I kinda always look at the matching up from young to old as a more figurative then literal match. I think it would be nearly impossible, week after week, to try and match up on appearances alone. Most times, they do manage to get it pretty close, but I never let it bother me when it's way off. I know it's just to give us a point of reference.

Still, the eye color thing. They should've caught that one. ;)

4. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Wow I finally got to watch the show. I had my eyes on the neighbor when it all began when the boy went missing. Had my suspicions & I was right. Hated that the father messed things up for himself again by killing the two men. I really like this show. Had tears by the time it ended.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, you did, :eek: I had no clue it was him.. poor little kid.. how so sleazy and sickening, EWWWW :mad:and the husband out of control, and the poor wife,& the little boys best friend , holding that secret for so many years.. sad again.. the whole story was so horrible.. pedophies, the scum of the earth :mad:

6. gregsandersluver

gregsandersluver Lab Technician

yup i soooo agree with that desertwind

7. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Once again, gregsandersluver, please add more content to your reply, because this is considered spam. Thanks :D

8. Desertwind

This was certainly a big blast from the past..1919.. and the 'suffragists' movement.. right to vote.. her own mom was in prison of her own choosing, so to speak. And how things ensued, when she stood up to her mother, it was an accident , but sad.. how those ladies suffered in those days :( Meridith Baxter. as Lily's booz hound mother.. also sad, she did a great performance in this role.. Vodka hidden everywhere :( good show very different!

9. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

That was one of the best episodes. I could not really fathom how they were going to solve a crime that old, but hey they did it.

All I can say is I'm glad I didn't live in those times. I did love it when Francis told her dad after he asked her if she would want to live like a second class citizen and she said she already was. You go girl!

10. Desertwind

I just watched this [taped it) and the old eex slaves trade.. how dispicable, and Mr. nice guy trying to be a big brother/father/uncle or just a friend trying to save Lena from the horrors of this disgusting trade.. and he gets killed, because the other girl wanted him to save her too!! and Lily and her alcoholic mom, having to have her move in with her.. we'll see how that works. Meredith Baxter.. excellent portrayal ;)

11. katpin31791

I finally sat down & watched it from where I taped it. It was a very good ep. Broke my heart that the guy was killed wanting to save a young lady he had fallen for. Meredith Baxter portrays a great alcoholic. Does a wonderful job. For one that's been sober for 12 yrs I commend her on a job well done. At least she looks & acts the part.

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

After raising Alex P Keaton for several years, wouldn't that drive you to drink, too?

13. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

:lol: ROTFL! :lol:

I agree, she did a great job. And she's going to guest-star in the next one too if I remember correctly.

14. Desertwind

This ep. was a blockbuster for tears :( I swear I cried almost through the whole thing.. the angry..nasty mean ex. who found out he was dying, and turned into a nicer, kinder caring person.. the flashbacks of the tacky Motel Louise, in his "happier' days with his wife and son, who he'd turned completey against him.. the girl who's daughter died, and he gave her money.. and the ending when he realized he was near death, and the wife who helped him through the transition.. WHOA.. tears were flowing :(.. and Lily's poor sad mother. who doesn't give a S... either.. how poignant and sad.. she doen't know what to do!! I was so drained after watching this.

15. katpin31791

I agree desertwind. I had tears flowing also. Hard for me not to get emotional when watching something like that. MB also doing an outstanding job. Can't wait to see the crossover from CC to NY tomorrow. Danny questions Stella. Sorry OT. Hate to see the season end & still haven't heard anything of a renewal yet.