Close To The Flame ( Romantic/Anger Ryan Fic )

I got text-emotional. And you brought to my mind Tim's lash out on Ryan. I had that vision in my mind for ages, just didn't expect someone to put it so closely similar as I had it in my fantasy.
Of course I had more stuff around it but the basic is pretty similar to this one.
I dunno if you're following my banter, I hope at least partly you do, but I just wanted to say it all just as it felt. :)

I got text-emotional. And you brought to my mind Tim's lash out on Ryan. I had that vision in my mind for ages, just didn't expect someone to put it so closely similar as I had it in my fantasy.
Of course I had more stuff around it but the basic is pretty similar to this one.
I dunno if you're following my banter, I hope at least partly you do, but I just wanted to say it all just as it felt. :)

Yeah and i wanted to show Tim being a bad ass and i've shown that and now it remains will Ryan wake up?

Chapter Six

Ryan hadnt woken up but was making contact with Lisa who hoped Ryan would open his eyes and Lisa whispers to Ryan '' C'mon sweetheart open your eyes for me'' and once Lisa had said it, she closed her own eyes and fell asleep but then Ryan opened his eyes and saw Lisa asleep and Ryan gently touched Lisa's cheek and Lisa opened her eyes and saw Ryan looking back at her, to which Lisa leans gently into Ryan for a long awaited hug and Ryan kisses Lisa's forehead softly.

Lisa tells Ryan '' I'm glad you are awake and i love you'' then Ryan asks '' How long have i been here?'' and Lisa explains '' Over a month and my brother did this to you after he found out about our marriage'', then Ryan tells Lisa '' I dont remember much about what happened but all that matters is the three of us together'' and Lisa tells Ryan '' While you were asleep, i had the scan here to check on our baby and they told me the sex and i got emotional'', then Ryan asks '' Can you tell me?'' and Lisa nods and whispers in Ryan's ear '' It's a girl'' and Ryan tells Lisa '' I'm so happy''..

Alexx comes to visit Ryan and finds him awake which makes Alexx happy, then Ryan tells Alexx '' Lisa's having a little girl and i'm so excited'' and Alexx smiles and hugs both Lisa and Ryan who is very happy with everything until Lisa's brother Tim appears and tries to speak to Lisa but Tim failed in his attempt to speak to his sister who stayed close to Ryan while Alexx tells Tim '' Just leave them alone and you have caused enough damage''..

Tim walks away but looks back one last time and sighs to himself that he has lost the closest thing to him and Tim really felt stupid and now his sister wasnt speaking to him and Tim couldnt blame her really after what he had done to Ryan, Horatio saw Tim and asks '' You ok?'' and Tim admits '' No i'm not and i've lost my sister for good and i regret what i've done to my sister and Ryan but i know that they wont speak to me ever again''..

Ryan rests his right hand on Lisa's bump only to feel his unborn daughter kick for the first time and Ryan tells Lisa '' Our baby girl kicked'' then Lisa tells Ryan " She kicked yesterday and now she's kicking you'', Ryan laughs gently and then Ryan realises for the first time in his whole life that he has got something special with Lisa after all poor Ryan didnt have a good childhood but he was gonna make sure that his daughter would have a good childhood...

Will Ryan tell Lisa about his childhood and the reason he isnt like his dad?

Oh awesome:)
He he, Tim, should thought before hurting Ryan, heeeee
Loved it. Oh I'm excited to learn about his past. Hmm guess his daddy wasn't the favorite person.

Oh awesome:)
He he, Tim, should thought before hurting Ryan, heeeee
Loved it. Oh I'm excited to learn about his past. Hmm guess his daddy wasn't the favorite person.

That's when Ryan has flashbacks and hopefully you will understand why Ryan is different compared to his father

Chapter Seven

Ryan was recovering well from his injuries when Lisa asked Ryan '' What was your childhood like?'' and Ryan looks at Lisa with sadness in his eyes then sighs and decides to tell her the truth but Ryan pleads '' Dont leave me once i tell you'' and Lisa takes Ryan's hand and tells him '' I will never leave you as i love you so much and you are my world and you always will be''..

Ryan tells Lisa '' You see when i was growing up it was fine for about five years until my father became very agressive towards my mother Sophie and everyday i had to watch my father Lucas attack my mother thick and hard with different things and i was only a young kid but didnt understand why my father was hurting my mother and it went on for years and i came home from high school to find that my dad had killed my mother with a knife through her heart and i was only 14 when she died, i couldnt understand it and later that week, my dad started hurting me with his belt and fists''.

Ryan starts crying and Lisa gives Ryan a cuddle then Ryan continues '' I couldnt tell anyone what my father was doing in case i ended up like my mom and if you look above my eye you will see three scars that my father did with a blade and somehow i got away and he kept trying to get me to return home but i wouldnt go back there and i finished school and got all my degrees and i havent heard from my father since and i dont want to either which is why i want our daughter to have a better childhood than i did''..

Lisa comforts Ryan in her arms and Ryan admits '' It's the first time in years since i've been able to talk about it and my mom is buried in Key West and where our house is and i grew up three blocks away and being in Key West for me is like being closer to my mom'' and Lisa suggests to Ryan '' How about naming our daughter after your mom?" and Ryan looks at Lisa and asks '' You serious?'' and Lisa tells Ryan '' Of course i'm serious'', to which Ryan agrees with Lisa's lovely suggestion to name their baby girl after Ryan's mom and Lisa then asks '' Maybe her full name could be Sophie Rose Wolfe and what you think?'' and Ryan nods his head and so both Ryan and Lisa kiss and look forward to the birth of their baby girl in four months time..

Lisa had fallen asleep while Ryan couldnt stop thinking about his mom and Ryan wondered if his life would of been different if his mom had left in order to have a fresh start but Ryan's father had killed her before she got the chance to leave and Ryan keeps a close hold of Lisa and slowly falls asleep with his right hand on their unborn baby girl and Ryan whispers '' I love you princess and i always will along with your mom too'' then Ryan shuts his eyes and goes to sleep...

How will Ryan feel when his father Lucas turns up???

Last edited:
Aww poor Ryan.
Can't say I wasn't expecting this but I loved it anyways.
Oh his father goin to show up? Ooooo that's gonna be painful. Or not? Will he hurt Ryan? Hmm... Will be waiting to find that out :)

Chapter Eight

Ryan had told Lisa about his childhood and Lisa knew why Ryan wanted their daughter to have a good childhood and a few days later Ryan was allowed out of hospital and Alexx had insisted that they stay at her place and both Lisa and Ryan agreed to stay with Alexx until Ryan was back to full health again and Ryan had no idea that his father was in Miami and on the hunt for him until Ryan asked Alexx '' Can i go into the lab with you and Lisa please''? and both Lisa and Alexx look at each other and agree to let Ryan go into the lab for the day..

( Following day / Lab )

Ryan and Lisa walked into the lab with Alexx and Calleigh saw Ryan, then walked over and gave him a gentle hug to which Ryan tells Calleigh ''Thanks for being there when you and Eric took me to hospital'' then Calleigh nods and tells Ryan '' Glad to help out'', then a call comes in about a crime and both Tim and Eric go out to the scene and while they are out, a man comes into the lab and asks '' Does Ryan Wolfe work here?'' and then Ryan appears with Lisa when Ryan comes face to face with his father Lucas and Ryan asks his father '' What the hell are you doing here?'' and Lucas looks up and sees his son all grown up and Lucas walks over to Ryan and tries to hug him but Ryan pushes him away and tells him '' Leave me alone and if you dont then i'll tell everyone what you did to my mother'' then Lucas sees his son's wedding ring and harshly tells him '' You wouldnt dare'' and Ryan coldly replies '' Oh i already have told the truth to my wife'' and Lucas couldnt believe what Ryan was telling him and Ryan walks away followed by Lisa to the breakroom and Lisa asks Ryan '' You ok sweetheart?'' and Ryan looks at Lisa and replies '' Nope i'm not and i havent seen him since i was 14 and he turns up trying to make things right but he'll never get the chance''..

Alexx comes to check on Ryan and finds him asleep on the chair and asks Lisa '' Is he ok?'' and Lisa sighs and explains '' Ryan's father turned up outta the blue and it wasnt nice between them and i know the reason why'', then Ryan awakes to see Alexx who asks '' Why havent you seen your dad?" and Ryan tells Alexx " My father murdered my mother when i was 14 and i was hurt by him too with his belt and fists as well and i'm nothing like him and Lisa knows the truth about it all" and Lisa nods then Ryan snuggles into Lisa just as Tim and Eric return and Eric asks Tim '' You think that you will come round to the idea of Lisa and Ryan?" and Tim looks at Eric and tells him '' No i never will accept their marriage or anything that goes with it''..

Lisa and Ryan were outside when Lucas returns and Lisa warns Lucas '' Leave Ryan alone and i know what you did to Ryan and his mother'' to which Lucas lashes out at Lisa and so Lucas splits Lisa's bottom lip and Horatio sees the attack and has Lucas arrested for GBH and Horatio walks over to Ryan and Lisa where Horatio watches Ryan put a hanky to Lisa's lip and Horatio asks '' Ryan, why did he do this to Lisa?'' and Ryan admits to Horatio '' Lisa knows the truth about my past and she was protecting me from him'' and Lisa confirms what Ryan told Horatio who then asks '' Would you be able to tell me?'' and Ryan sighs and tells Horatio '' That man murdered my mother when i was just 14 yrs old and he almost killed me as well''...

Will Ryan and Lisa be able to overcome this and get their life back to way it was??

Oh you keep surprising me :)
I wasn't expecting Ryan's father to try make up things. I was more expected an attack and mumbo jumbo, lol. Oh well this is good.
Loved the chapter, and I think they will get over.

Oh you keep surprising me :)
I wasn't expecting Ryan's father to try make up things. I was more expected an attack and mumbo jumbo, lol. Oh well this is good.
Loved the chapter, and I think they will get over.

I'm gonna kill off one of the team but who is it gonna be?

Wow! Really? Awesome:)
Once I did it. Almost year after I started a fic. It took about 33 chapters to do as it popped in my mind after hearing one song I heard on radio this year. I stil dunno how many people read that story and whether they all liked, well few left their reviews but not sure if there's more shown up. I still fear showin up on ff.net
but i feel i should someday. Gotta finish Eyes of the Angel. About time to start over xover for Metalist fans.
Hmm will it be Tim? Lol just guessing ^_^

Wow! Really? Awesome:)
Once I did it. Almost year after I started a fic. It took about 33 chapters to do as it popped in my mind after hearing one song I heard on radio this year. I stil dunno how many people read that story and whether they all liked, well few left their reviews but not sure if there's more shown up. I still fear showin up on ff.net
but i feel i should someday. Gotta finish Eyes of the Angel. About time to start over xover for Metalist fans.
Hmm will it be Tim? Lol just guessing ^_^

It's someone within the team and for two members it'll be bittersweet

Back