Celebrity News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Spacey has won a drama award for reviving London's historic "Old Vic Theater". Spacey, an Oscar winner for 'American Beauty" and "The Usual Suspects" was given a special prize last week at the Evening Standard Theater Awards "for bringing new life to "The Old Vic". Spacey took charge of the 190-yr. old theater, with a series of acclaimed and popular productions. The award judges cited a recent critically acclaimed revival of David Mamet's "Speed the Plow" starring Spacey and Jeff Goldblum and the theaters current production of Alan Ayckbourn's comic trilogy "The Norman Conquests"

News Services via Press Enterprise

From TV Guide online:

Eli Stone Star and Wife Welcome Their First Baby

Jonny Lee Miller and his wife, actress Michele Hicks, have welcomed a baby boy into their lives.

Buster Timothy Miller was born Wednesday, weighing in at 9 lbs. He's the couple's first child.

Miller, who plays the title character of ABC's Eli Stone, and Hicks were married earlier this year. Previously, he was married to Angelina Jolie, his costar in Hackers. The two divorced in 1999.

MADONNA won a court judgment Monday against a British tabloid that published pictures recently of her wedding 8 years ago. She accused the tabloid of breaching her privacy and coypright by publishing pictures of her 2000 wedding to film director Guy Ritchie. The court victory came just a few weeks after she was granted a preliminary divorce from Ritchie. Madonna who says the pictures were stolen, is seeking damages in excess of $7.5 million [that's all she needs is more money] from the mail in a Sunday paper. Judge David Early entered a judgment in her favor but deffered a decision on compensation until the new year!

HEATH LEDGER's family paid a teary trubute to the late actor as they accepted a top Australian film industry award on his behalf in Melbourne. Ledger was posthumously given the Australian Film Institute's international award for best actor in his role as the Joker in "The Dark Knight' His father Kim: mother Sally:sister Kate accepted the award. "It's been without a doubt the most difficult year, losing such a loved family member" said Kate Ledger!

News Service via Press Enterprise

JAY LENO is staying at NBC, and he's moving to prime time. The network announced Tuesday that Leno will host a show five nights a week at 10:pm Eastern, after he leaves the "TONIGHT SHOW" next year. The network had announced nearly five years ago that Conan 'Brien would move to succeed Leno!

An embarrassed Oprah says "she's fallen off the wagon" of healthy living and ballooned to 200 pounds. In January's "O" MAGAZINE Winfrey 54, details her recent struggles with out-of-balance thyroid condition and it made her develop "a fear of working out" [oh shut up, you like to eat] She says she's gained 40 lbs, since 2006 when she weighed 160. "I'm embarrassed and mad at myself"

News Service via Press Enterprise!

Kate Walsh splits from husband.

Kate Walsh and her husband, Alex Young, are divorcing.
According to court papers obtained by PEOPLE, Young, 37, petitioned for a divorce, citing irreconcilable differences in his Nov. 22 filing.
"The couple remain on friendly terms and sincerely hope the media will respect their privacy during this difficult time," the pair said in a statement Thursday.
The Private Practice star, 41, wed Young – a production co-president at 20th Century Fox – on Sept. 1, 2007, in the town of Ojai, just north of Los Angeles, after becoming engaged in May. (Source: People).

Madonna, Guy Settle Up for $76 Million

Christmas came early for Guy Ritchie.

Madonna's longtime spokeswoman, Liz Rosenberg, confirms to E! News that the megastar and Ritchie have reached a financial settlement in their divorce, with her former bloke set to receive a windfall payout of at least $76 million.

Per Rosenberg, the figure also takes into account the value of the couple's massive English country estate and could ultimately top out at $92 million.

While the deal marks the conclusion of the duo's monetary haggling, no agreement has yet been reached over the custody of their two children together, 8-year-old Rocco and 3-year-old David.

Madonna filed for divorce from Ritchie in October, citing "unreasonable behavior" from her hubby. A British court granted them a preliminary decree of divorce last month.
(Source: E! Online)

Peter Falk has Alzheimer's
Dec 16, 12:03 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A court document filed by Peter Falk's daughter says the Emmy-winning actor is suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

Catherine Falk is seeking a court's approval for a conservatorship of her 81-year-old father, who she claims no longer recognizes people. A hearing has been scheduled for late January.

Falk is familiar to most audiences as the star of the television series "Columbo," for which he won four Emmys. He was also nominated twice for Academy Awards for movie roles in 1959 and 1960.

The petition filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court states Falk lives in Beverly Hills with his wife and recently had hip surgery and requires constant care.

A phone message left for Falk's manager was not immediately returned Tuesday.

Fla. police close books on '81 Walsh killing

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. – A serial killer who died more than a decade ago is the person who decapitated the 6-year-old son of "America's Most Wanted" host John Walsh in 1981, police in Florida said Tuesday.

The announcement brought to a close a case that has vexed the Walsh family for more than two decades, launched the television show about the nation's most notorious criminals and inspired changes in how authorities search for missing children.
"Who could take a 6-year-old and murder and decapitate him? Who?" an emotional John Walsh said at Tuesday's news conference. "We needed to know. We needed to know. And today we know. The not knowing has been a torture, but that journey's over."

Walsh's wife, Reve, at one point placed a small photo of their son on the podium.
The suspect, Ottis Toole, had twice confessed to killing the child, but later recanted. He claimed responsibility for hundreds of murders, but police determined most of the confessions were lies. Toole's niece told the boy's father, John Walsh, her uncle confessed on his deathbed in prison that he killed Adam.
Police said Toole was long the prime suspect in the case and that they had conclusively linked him the killing. They declined to be specific about their evidence and noted they had no DNA proof of the crime, but said an extensive review of the case file pointed only to Toole, as John Wash long contended.

"Our agency has devoted an inordinate amount of time seeking leads to other potential perpetrators rather than emphasizing Ottis Toole as our primary suspect," said Hollywood Police Chief Chadwick Wagner. "Ottis Toole has continued to be our only real suspect."
Wagner acknowledged numerous missteps in the investigation and apologized to the Walshes.
"I have no doubt," John Walsh said. "I've never had any doubt."

Many names have been mentioned in connection to the case in the years since the killing, including serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, but Toole's has persistently nagged detectives. John Walsh has long said he believed the drifter was responsible, saying investigators found at Toole's home in Jacksonville a pair of green shorts and a sandal similar to what Adam was wearing.
The Walshes long ago derided the investigation as botched. Still, he praised the Hollywood police department for closing the case.
"This is not to look back and point fingers, but it is to let it rest," he said.
Adam Walsh went missing from a Hollywood mall on July 27, 1981. Fishermen discovered his severed head in a canal 120 miles away two weeks later. The rest of his body was never found.

Authorities made a series of crucial errors, losing the bloodstained carpeting in Toole's car — preventing DNA testing — and the car itself. It was a week after the boy's disappearance before the FBI got involved.
"So many mistakes were made," John Walsh said in 1997, upon the release of his book "Tears of Rage," which harshly criticized the Hollywood Police Department's work on the case. "It was shocking, inexcusable and heartbreaking."
For all that went wrong in the probe, the case contributed to massive advances in police searches for missing youngsters and a notable shift in the view parents and children hold of the world.

Adam's death, and his father's subsequent activism on his behalf, helped put faces on milk cartons, shopping bags and mailbox flyers, started fingerprinting programs and increased security at schools and stores. It spurred the creation of missing persons units at every large police department.
It also prompted national legislation to create a national center, database and toll-free line devoted to missing children, and led to the start of "America's Most Wanted," which brought those cases into millions of homes.
What it also did, said Mount Holyoke College sociologist and criminologist Richard Moran, is make children and adults alike exponentially more afraid
"He ended up really producing a generation of cautious and afraid kids who view all adults and strangers as a threat to them and it made parents extremely paranoid about the safety of their children," Moran said.

Thank's so much for posting this CandyCane I've followed this for years, and always wondered who the hell did this horrific crime, I've got John Walsh's book, and thank god for them, and everyone we finally know. what a freak:klingon:

MADONNA has settled her divorce wth ex-husband Guy Ritchie by also parting with at least $78 million:wtf: [hell I would have taken 1 mill.] the singer's spokesman said Monday. Liz Rosenberg said the settlement was in the range of that amount as part of their divorcee agreement, a figure she said included the value of the couple's country home, Ashcombe in western England, which Ritchie will keep. Rosenberg said the couple's west London pub the Punchbowl--would also remain with Ritchie. The couple were reportedly worth some $525 million:eek:, the vast majority of which belonged to Madonna. Ritchie has an estismated $35 million fortune. [poor guy]

A court document filed by actor Peter Falk's daughter says the Emmy winning actor is suffering from Alzheimer's disease:( Catherine Falk is seeking a court's approval for a conservatorship of her 81-yr. old father, who she claims no longer recognizes people. A hearing has been scheduled for late January! [how sad]

I took a few years, but Tom Cruise says he regrets the tongue-lashing he gave Matt Lauer on NBC's "Today" show the last time he was on. An apologetic Cruise returned to the monring program Monday to sit with Lauer since critcizing Brooke Shields for taking anti-dpressants in 2005"It's not what had intended" Cruise said "In looking at myself, I thought man that came across as arrogant, That's one of those things you go OK, I could have absolutey handled that better" That now infamous conversation grew heated when the star told Lauer he was glib, and didn't know about psychiatry. Cruise who has been a Scientologist for 25 years agrees with the religion's long-running campaign against psychiatry and the pharmaceutical industry. Cruise is making the rounds on talk-shows to promote his new movie "Valkyrie". He stars as a would-be assassin of Adolf Hitler, which will be released Dec. 25!

News Services

Los Angeles police are investigating a burglary at Paris Hilton's home. They say she left her bedroom ransacked and about $2 million in jewelry missing:eek:. Los Angeles police officer Julianne Sohn said the break-in occured around 5 a.m. Friday at Hilton's home in the Sherman Oaks area of L.A.. Sohn says detectives report that a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and gloves broke through the front door and ransacked Hilton's bedroom. Hilton was not home at the time.

Jermaine Durpri wants to clear up some misconceptions. In an entry on his blog, the music producer says he and girlfriend Janet Jackson haven't split up--and she IS NOT pregnant! Dupri writes "As you all know Janet is a very private person..the only reason you see her as much as you do on YouTube, is because of me. LOL, but I hear yall and your questions..NO she is not pregnant and we're still together" Dupri also writes "It baffles me how yall let these blog and magazines control your life" Jackson canceled a string of concerts on her Rock Witchu tour this fall because of a bout of migranes associated with her vertigo, which is characterized by dizziness, and imbalance and other symtoms!

NEWS SERVICES

Last edited:
Los Angeles police are investigating a burglary at Paris Hilton's home. They say she left her bedroom ransacked and about $20 million in jewelry missing:eek:. Los Angeles police officer Julianne Sohn said the break-in occured around 5 a.m. Friday at Hilton's home in the Sherman Oaks area of L.A.. Sohn says detectives report that a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and gloves broke through the front door and ransacked Hilton's bedroom. Hilton was not home at the time.

I thought I read the other day that it was 2 million in jewelry missing? If so, that is quite a big difference!

ETA: From TV Guide, it was 2 million:

Even the home of an heiress isn't always a fortress.
A thief escaped with approximately $2 million worth of jewelry from Paris Hilton's Sherman Oaks, Calif. house sometime between Thursday evening and Friday morning at 4 a.m., LAPD spokesman Jason Lee told TVGuide.com.
"Based on the investigation, it was a lone suspect who entered the Hiltons' home," he said. Police are continuing their investigation.
Hilton was reportedly not at home during the robbery.

Ruthie apparently Paris Hilton:vulcan:

Oprah Winfrey might be the best-loved do-gooder of them all, but this year she lost out to [guess] Barack Obama in the ranking of celebrity do-gooders by DoSomething.org, Winfrey was ranked at #2. USA Today says the report which ranks how celebrities inspire people 25 years and under, also includes in this order Angelina Jolie, EllenDeGeneres, Brad Pitt, Al Gore, Lance Armstron, Michelle Obama, Bono and Michael J. Fox!

DICK CLARK, 79, STILL ON DUTY NEW YEAR'S EVE

Four years after a stroke, Dick Clark is relishing the prospect of another New Year's Eve, determined to help host his 36th celebration from Times Square. And he's hardly surprised by the current state of the music industry, he helped build it, and he predicted this, after all. Clark, who turned 79 last month has been in front of the cameras for 61 years:eek: said in a recent interview by e-mail that his appearance on "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve" with Ryan Seacrest 2009, diminished though it may be, is a labor of love. "not really a job, obviously, I'm not abel to be as actively involved as I used to be, like out on the street and interactin with the crowds in Times square he wrote, but Thank goodness my friend Ryan is able to handle that end of the gala. ABC's TV 3-hour live extravaganza will include performances by Natasha Bedingfield, Fall Out Boy, Jesse McCartney, Ne-Yo, Pussycat Dolls, Solange and Robin Thicke Fergie hosts the Hollywooed segments. Clarke woke up with his right side of his face paralysed on Dec. 6 2004 "Your life changes overnight, he said. [Regis filled in for him that year]. Clarke still uses a walker or a wheelchair, and speaking is difficult. "I am one of the fortunate ones who survived and have been minimally impaired, so I'm thankful to enjoy this once-a-year treat of bringing n the New Year. The American Bandstand 'icon' and longtime producer of the American Music Awards and the Golden Globes, has long been considered them "my television kids" He's also watched their ratings plummet in recent years. "There was a time when they attracted a hugh audience, Clarke wrote, but as the years have went by there's so much competition, what we are seeing is more and more talent and less emphasis on people getting awards." Clarke was there for the birth of 'rock 'n roll' [American Bandstand kicked off in 1957] he's watched dramatic changes in the music industry. And they come as not much of a surprise to him. "I can remember writing an article several years ago where I let my imagination run wild", Clakre wrote 'I said we'd see the day when music is delivered directly to our homes and delivered in some form of wireless communication. 'The fun of actually holding a record in our hands will disappear and will have our own individual library of our favorite songs that we'll listen to at home, at work, in the car wherever we happen to go" ROCK ON DICK your a wonderful guy, and long live you and music:thumbsup::bolian:

News Service via Press Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back