Carmine-What is Cessau?

^ :lol: No. I was referring to the chorus -

"I was thinking about the past
how it lasts
how it stays in my head for so long"

Of course I can't understand all that comes before that. Something about a soldier of the alley and monsters of grievance. Read: boy from the streets battling his demons. As far as I know, no one here can understand all the lyrics. Shortly after that trailer went up on his site, I posted what I could make out of the lyrics and asked for help filling in the blanks just to see if it was possible. Even as a collective effort, I don't think we ever figured that out. :lol:

CarmineFan said:
Lonia said:
I also can't see any changes on his side beside of the fact that I can't watch any of the photos. :confused: Is it just me / my computer? I can click the explanations like "Candid shot 2" (which should show "the Mook"), but I can't see any picture on the right side.

I've the same problem. And like MrsG I can watch the videos but the pictures are not possible...

Actually I was having that problem a few months ago, way before the site ever went down. I thought maybe that was why they took it down, to fix the problem. I had even sent a message to the email addy they had for the webmaster asking if it was a site problem.

I'd love to hear him do something accoustic, where you could really focus on the vocals and hear him strum his guitar without distraction. White boys shouldn't rap (Eminem being one exception).
:lol: I'm with you on that. :) He's got an alright voice. Wasn't as bad as I imagined it to be... but rap/hip-hop or whatever he was singing doesn't seem to be his style.

I can see him more like Teddy Geiger or Ryan Cabrera(don't really like him but whatever). Some slow, acoustic rock is fine too. Just not "rap". :lol:

Even though I'm saying all this, I know that I'll run out to the store and get the disc when it's released anyway.

Still, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels that it's kinda weird... :lol:

MrsGiovinazzo said:
^ :lol: No. I was referring to the chorus -

"I was thinking about the past
how it lasts

"I keep thinking about this song
how it's wrong

:lol: OK, I don't hate it or anything, but it really is one of those songs you can get stuck in your head.

Well I'm going to put my hand up and say I really like what we've heard in that little teaser. And I'm not kissing arse either ;) :lol:

There's been a lot of talk about it being rap/hiphop ... I dunno ... I'm not sure I'd quite classify it as either. I have no idea what I [would] classify it as, having heard so little of it ... but I'm no expert (shrug).

I'm really looking forward to hearing something more.

crankyjules said:
Well I'm going to put my hand up and say I really like what we've heard in that little teaser. And I'm not kissing arse either ;) :lol:

No I'm with you crankyjules I like it too. I agree with Mrs G that white men shouldn't rap unless they're Eminem but this isn't quite rap, it's sort of *scratches head*..I dunno..I can't classify it either but it's good whatever it is :D

I'll weigh in here with my view. I like it, and not just cause it's Carmine. He's more talk-singing, not rapping but I am a bit sick of all those sound effects cause you can't here the lyrics properly. It sounds like he's digging up all emotional crap from his childhood and trying to get... I dunno? "street cred" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lucky me I have music recording software on my computer so I was able to record it, I don't think that's illegal since I'm keeping it for myself and not sharing or sending it anywhere, so I can listen to it constantly.

Still not sick of it :D :lol: :D

Top - bloody hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm horribly mean. :lol: But hey, in the music industry, you're nobody until somebody parodies your song. :lol: ;)

I actually kind of like it, too, in part because the damn chorus is pretty memorable. But according to my friends, I have notoriously bad taste in music, so I don't know if that's much of a compliment. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Mean or not, you gave your opinion and that's cool. It was a FUNNY one - like your parody just as much :lol:

tiara4carmine said:
He's more talk-singing, not rapping but I am a bit sick of all those sound effects cause you can't here the lyrics properly.

These sound effects are going on my nerves, too. It's time that he publishes his cd, so we all can hear it clearly AND copmletly.

Back