Carmine Giovinazzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Locker Room: All Carmine, All The Time

Poor Danny--he just has no intuition about people. I kinda wonder if that won't get him into a bad situation someday.

Yeah, I could see him getting injured while on a case. Imagine the h/c fanfic that would inspire!

H/C fanfic? I'm not familiar with that term.

I could see him trusting the wrong person and getting into a bad situation, believing false evidence or a statement, or yeah, getting into a situation where he gets hurt.

Posted by Top41:
My goodness...great minds really do think alike. I'd probably prefer Danny and Flack, but yeah. :D

:lol:

Yeah, that's cute. Danny knows how to work it when he wants to. I like his scenes with Aiden, too--they really do have the brother/sister vibe going and it cracks me up when they tease each other.

I absolutely adored it when he called her a girl after she tried to pick the pocket and she smacked him. I outright giggled :lol:

H/C is hurt/comfort, I believe.

^That was totally cute! Especially when she smacked him on the head right afterwards. So cute. They really have a terrific dynamic.

H/C --cool! Thanks! I'm slowly FF learning terms, I think.

I do like it when Danny and Flack work together. I also rather enjoyed both of the thick NY accents- I actually caught it right off and chuckled to myself.

I hope that Danny's intuition about people will improve, but was glad to see Mac being the supervisor and mentor that he is to Danny to help him through his SOLO case!!! His second one, right? (not that I am counting!)

I am trying not to put too much into Flack's comment about going missing yet. I hope that it was just a comment... My heart would be destroyed if anything happened to my Danny, the love god.

HMMM... The Danny Naked Campaign. I will volunteer all of my time to get that man naked!

H/C --cool! Thanks! I'm slowly FF learning terms, I think.

Welcome. When I first started writing fanfic (Harry Potter, w00t!) I didn't know a thing and it was crazy how much jargon there is. However, I found a neat site that helped, if you're ever confused, check out the fanfiction glossary :)

I will volunteer all of my time to get that man naked!

I'll continue volunteering my time after he's naked, too. I'm sure we'll think of something to do... :devil:

Thank you to everyone who has given me such wonderful feedback on my story. Unfortunately I have a small problem. I have to rewrite a few bits. Thankfully they aren't ones that were posted yet. CBS has updated the CSI:NY site and there is new character info. In light of this some things needed to be changed. I'm working on it and will have something up soon.

Now about that site update. Danny's profile says "Growing up in a family under surveillance, Danny formulated his own set of hybrid ethics, blending the world of law-breakers with the world of lawmakers." This is very interesting. Gets me thinking. There is more interesting info up, so if you haven't been to see the profiles, go, go, go! CBS.com CSI: NY

Tip: the character at the top changes everytime you load and it's a flash site so you can zoom. ;)

Posted by BittenByTheWolfe:
I absolutely adored it when he called her a girl after she tried to pick the pocket and she smacked him. I outright giggled :lol:

That is so one of my favorite Danny moments. And the one where he tells Stella "Did you know waterproof mascara dries out your lashes? That's amazing." I love that one. :lol:

I am trying not to put too much into Flack's comment about going missing yet. I hope that it was just a comment... My heart would be destroyed if anything happened to my Danny, the love god.

But think of all the TLC he'd get when the others finally found him... :)

Aglarelen--thanks for the heads up about the bio updates! Okay, I'm not that familiar with New York, so I have a question: the Tanglewood Boys are Yonkers-based, right? Or somewhere in that vicinity? Flack's bio mentions that he was raised in Yonkers. So my question is--did Danny and Flack know each other? Like I said, I'm not familiar with NY geography, so if anyone else is, clue me in! :)

So... Danny's new bio said that he was from staten island, which is where Carmine is from... and the TG are based in Yonkers, yet Danny obviously knows lots about them... and I am confused now!

I am echoing lament's question about the geography of NY!

Danny and his hybrid ethics.

I'm really wondering about the geography too. It goes from the N The Bronx, then SE to Queens, then W to Manhattan, then SE to Brooklyn, and back SW to Staten Island.

If Tanglewood is from Yonkers, which is up north west of the Bronx, and Danny is from Staten Island, which is south west of Brooklyn and Manhattan, they couldn't have grown up together. Flack, being from Yonkers, should have known more. Danny grew up between 25 and 35 miles away. Even if Danny grew up in Brooklyn, like they had said before in his bio, he'd still be around 20 to 25 miles away.

Someone has screwed up somewhere. Oh no! Continuity errors! :p

You can see a map of New York here.

exactly what I was thinking! To me the updated bios don't mesh, especially if Danny had to explain the TB? Flack, who was supposed to be from Yonkers should have been more knowledgeable about them. His bio did state that he was from a family of cops, so is apparent lack of knowledge of the gang is somewhat odd.

Posted by Aglarelen:
I'm really wondering about the geography too. It goes from the N The Bronx, then SE to Queens, then W to Manhattan, then SE to Brooklyn, and back SW to Staten Island.

If Tanglewood is from Yonkers, which is up north west of the Bronx, and Danny is from Staten Island, which is south west of Brooklyn and Manhattan, they couldn't have grown up together. Flack, being from Yonkers, should have known more. Danny grew up between 25 and 35 miles away. Even if Danny grew up in Brooklyn, like they had said before in his bio, he'd still be around 20 to 25 miles away.

Someone has screwed up somewhere. Oh no! Continuity errors! :p

The bio on CBS is seriously screwed up (not to mention, that they could have used a proofreader before they posted it because "routes" was used in place of the correct "roots.")

I'm from Staten Island. Staten Islanders don't hang out in Yonkers. The Bronx is such a schlepp it might as well be on another planet.

And the mob of the Bronx is different than the mob of Staten Island. SI is actually home to the Upper Class of the Mafia (Yonkers is, I'm pretty sure, the Lucchese family--the Tanglewood boys were a feeder group for that family; Staten Island is the Genovese and Gambino bunch). Incidentally, Mafiaville (what we locals nicknamed some of the neighborhoods on SI that are rumored or known to house the mob) is a very nice area--this where the dons stash their wives and kids.

So if Danny had grown up on SI in one of the known mob families then how the hell did that fact make it past the background check for the NYPD (or the Organized Crime Unit)? And why wouldn't Mac have known that?

Sounds like the people writing the CBS bios didn't do their research very well. ;) I have a feeling that these bios aren
't "canon" (to borrow a word from another fandom ;) ). They're probably based off of sketches about the characters that the writers did at some point, but it could have been earlier on.

I know at the Miami site, there was something in Horatio's bio saying he'd been divorced, but there's never been any mention of it in the show. And they had a huge background sketch on Speed, but it never got used.

They're interesting to read, but until something shows up in the show, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Sometimes I think the bios are mostly for fanfic writers. Heck, we use 'em more than the show's writers! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back