Carmine Giovinazzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Locker Room: All Carmine, All The Time

Posted by ThumpyG:
I also have a couple of questions. Is there more than one fanfic web site? When I have the time I enjoy reading the stories. also, since this is a Carmine thread :) How is his last name pronounced? I know that when I am pronouncing it, I have to butchering it! also, what it Mr. Giovinazzo's middle name? All I know it the middle initial is D. thanks!
On the "Insider" he gave 2 different ways to pronounce his last name. The first is pretty much how it looks: "GEO (like a Geo Metro)- VIN (as in Diesel)- NAH-ZO". The other way is kinda like "JOE-VIN-ATZO" but said with a little Italian flair. :lol: Someone else who's seen the interview can let me know how my phonetics are! :D

re: Middle Name: Not sure. I've read that his dad's name is Dominick, so maybe that's what it is.

Thank you thank you! I have been pronouncing it the first way, but I would give anything to hear that sexy man with his accent (Italian flair works as well) ;) say it the other way.

Dominick, cool. I bet that is it.

Locker room groupies are the best! and the most perverse, I like that in a person :D

On the "Insider" he gave 2 different ways to pronounce his last name. The first is pretty much how it looks: "GEO (like a Geo Metro)- VIN (as in Diesel)- NAH-ZO". The other way is kinda like "JOE-VIN-ATZO" but said with a little Italian flair. Someone else who's seen the interview can let me know how my phonetics are!

Interesting. I didn't see the interview but I've been pronouncing his name more closely to the second example, except with a softer G sound (think the way you pronounce the second G in "garage") and without the T sound in "-azzo." I'd have loved to hear him say it, though.

Is there more than one fanfic web site? When I have the time I enjoy reading the stories.

There is ff.net and there is CSI-Forensics, which is an excellent site specifically for fanfiction of all three CSI shows. It needs more representation! Or, you could always check out the Fan Fiction/Art forum, people are always posting interesting things there :)

What kind of videos have you worked on? Have you taken classes in video production/filmmaking?

Mostly, I enjoy making music videos, I've done a couple projects where I've just chosen a song I like and made a video to it and I've also done some things with a local band. It's fun. And yeah, I've taken some classes, it's kind of funny how I got into it, actually. A couple summers ago, when I was still at community college, I decided I needed to take a summer class. It didn't have to be anything in particular and I had always wanted to take a video production class so I signed up for it. Not only did I have the most awesome teacher who told me my stuff was good and wanted me to sign up for the advanced classes the next semester (which I did) but I also had a blast doing it! So a hobby was born. I very nearly considered putting together a portfolio and applying for the film program when I transferred to UCF but I decided that I wanted it to remain more of a hobby :)

So, Top 41 and Bitten: Are both of you writers?

I like to think I am :lol: However, I've not reached the point where I'm getting paid for it.

Italian Stallion, Danny.

Italian Stallion. Lord, I'm having very impure thoughts. Not that I'm minding them... :devil:

Posted by BittenByTheWolfe:
I didn't see the interview but I've been pronouncing his name more closely to the second example, except with a softer G sound (think the way you pronounce the second G in "garage") and without the T sound in "-azzo." I'd have loved to hear him say it, though.
Yeah, the "JOE" is more like the way you said- more with a soft 'G' sound.
I would make a sound file of that part for you guys if only I had a better microphone for my computer. All you really end up getting is static.

Posted by ThisIsMe:
Posted by ThumpyG:
I also have a couple of questions. Is there more than one fanfic web site? When I have the time I enjoy reading the stories. also, since this is a Carmine thread :) How is his last name pronounced? I know that when I am pronouncing it, I have to butchering it! also, what it Mr. Giovinazzo's middle name? All I know it the middle initial is D. thanks!
On the "Insider" he gave 2 different ways to pronounce his last name. The first is pretty much how it looks: "GEO (like a Geo Metro)- VIN (as in Diesel)- NAH-ZO". The other way is kinda like "JOE-VIN-ATZO" but said with a little Italian flair. :lol: Someone else who's seen the interview can let me know how my phonetics are! :D

re: Middle Name: Not sure. I've read that his dad's name is Dominick, so maybe that's what it is.

Oh god, you should hear how I say that name because I darn well say those in Finnish way.

and Bitten... I don't think you are the only one here with...not so pure thoughts :p

Posted by ThumpyG:
I noticed that I am now Dead on Arrival, and that it will change soon, so I think that it is fun!

So, Top 41 and Bitten: Are both of you writers? I myself am a terrible writer, but an excellent investigator. I hope to actually go back to grad school for forensic science.

Yep, I'm a writer. I do some freelance book reviewing, though I also have a day job (at a book review magazine). It's nice--one of those jobs they told English majors didn't exist! :lol:

Forensic science--you could be a CSI for real! What do you do now?

All these have already been answered pretty much! Funny, I kind of guessed his middle name might be Dominick...not sure why, maybe cause he's Italian?

PS: I am also so glad that I have found other 'normal' people who feel the same way about that Italian Stallion

:D Had you seen him before CSI: NY, (and the Miami ep), or is this the first time you've spotted him, too? And yes, indeed--I'd say we like him lots in here! :D

Posted by BittenByTheWolfe:
Mostly, I enjoy making music videos, I've done a couple projects where I've just chosen a song I like and made a video to it and I've also done some things with a local band. It's fun. And yeah, I've taken some classes, it's kind of funny how I got into it, actually. A couple summers ago, when I was still at community college, I decided I needed to take a summer class. It didn't have to be anything in particular and I had always wanted to take a video production class so I signed up for it. Not only did I have the most awesome teacher who told me my stuff was good and wanted me to sign up for the advanced classes the next semester (which I did) but I also had a blast doing it! So a hobby was born. I very nearly considered putting together a portfolio and applying for the film program when I transferred to UCF but I decided that I wanted it to remain more of a hobby :)

That's really cool! And it does sound like a fun hobby...you never know when it could come in handy in the future. How long does it take to make the average music video (if there even is such a thing!)?

Italian Stallion. Lord, I'm having very impure thoughts. Not that I'm minding them... :devil:

Yeah, indeed. There are a lot of dirty thoughts flying around this locker room. But then, it is a locker room...what do you expect! :lol: :D

and Bitten... I don't think you are the only one here with...not so pure thoughts

:devil: We're worse than a bunch of guys! Hence the Locker Room nickname :lol:

It's nice--one of those jobs they told English majors didn't exist!

I've been told, more than once, I believe, that with an English degree I can expect to flip burgers for a living. Um, no.

And yes, indeed--I'd say we like him lots in here!

I second that! :devil:

That's really cool! And it does sound like a fun hobby...you never know when it could come in handy in the future. How long does it take to make the average music video (if there even is such a thing!)?

For me I usually like to plan to get all my shooting done in a day. I remember my first one, it took something like 4 or 5 hours of shooting for a total of 8 minutes of footage which I then cut to roughly 4 minutes...the whole concept of that just blew my mind! But it was fun :) So yeah, I try to do one day of shooting and then it can take at least a couple weeks to edit things together, if not longer. It gets tedious sometimes but hey, tedious is my middle name, lol.

Mmmm, Danny... :devil:

^We are worse than guys! :D LOL, I love it. You know, why should guys be the only ones to have all the fun. Girls can sit around in locker rooms and talk about hot members of the opposite sex just as well as guys can. :devil:

The English majors working at a fast food joint was in the graduation speech at my school. :lol: It ain't true. :D

Wow, I had no idea you could shoot a video in a day! Tedious? Nah. Dedicated, determined? Yes. Sounds like you have more discipline than you give yourself credit for!

I gotta say...I can be the same way. If it's something I'm dreading or don't want to do, I'll put it off. But if it's something I'm excited about...I can have a pretty decent work ethic. Well, decent for me at least. :lol:

So, do you guys think that locker room in CSI: NY is co-ed? They could have two separate ones, but they don't have to. I remember Stella and Mac changed in the locker room together in "Officer Blue," though I think that was a different one.

Heh, if it was a co-ed locker room and I was working there, I know I'd make it my business to 'accidentially' walk in on Danny in the shower.

So, do you guys think that locker room in CSI: NY is co-ed? They could have two separate ones, but they don't have to. I remember Stella and Mac changed in the locker room together in "Officer Blue," though I think that was a different one.

In my sordid imagination, it's co-ed.

Heh, if it was a co-ed locker room and I was working there, I know I'd make it my business to 'accidentially' walk in on Danny in the shower.

Well, yeah! :lol: Here's a scene I'd like to see: Stella storms in to confront Danny (like we've all discussed)...but while he's in the shower. There'd be no hiding a tattoo then! ;) (I wonder if the writers realize what a ruckus they've raised by implying Danny has a TB tattoo? :lol:)

Posted by lament:
Well, yeah! :lol: Here's a scene I'd like to see: Stella storms in to confront Danny (like we've all discussed)...but while he's in the shower. There'd be no hiding a tattoo then! ;) (I wonder if the writers realize what a ruckus they've raised by implying Danny has a TB tattoo? :lol:)

:lol: Me, too. Can you imagine the look on her face? Cause, you know, she'd have to look. Do you think he'd be embarrassed or defiant? Especially if she caught sight of the tattoo?

I imagine the writers know exactly what trouble they've started by implying that that tattoo is there. As if we weren't already mentally undressing him. :lol: Now we know they're going to have to show us one way or another. :devil:

Posted by Top41:
Posted by lament:

:lol: Me, too. Can you imagine the look on her face? Cause, you know, she'd have to look. Do you think he'd be embarrassed or defiant? Especially if she caught sight of the tattoo?

I imagine the writers know exactly what trouble they've started by implying that that tattoo is there. As if we weren't already mentally undressing him. :lol: Now we know they're going to have to show us one way or another. :devil:

Or...they've seen our posts and decide to give us just moreto talk and dream and make suggestions :devil:

*waves at writers*

first time I noticed Carmine, the Italian Stallion. It was CSI:NY. If I would have seen some of his earlier work, like I have seen now, I wouldn't have really noticed him. HIs other roles (that I have seen), Carmine's characters are rather interesting, ok he appeared to be immature in a couple of them. But, I haven't seen them all. I watched 'Blink' when it premiered and I saw his studliness on tv and I fell in love right then and there. :lol: Maybe it was that accent ( I love a hot man with an accent) but who doesn't? or the way his ass looked in his pants, but wow I thought that I needed to do some more investigating.

Job: I do work in law enforcement, so to speak, I do case management for juvenile offenders, make sure that they comply with the law. I have wanted to work in forensics for quite some time now ( before CSI came out and am finally getting on track with it)

video production sounds like a fun hobby, and a lot of work to do ( as I would imagine that it would be). I have a few friends that were English majors in college and one wants to be a screenwriter. I hate bringing her my essays to critique! :p

I am a geek though, as one of my hobbies has and is reading, anything and everything I can get my hands on. Speaking of reading... I looked at one of the other ff sites (thanks bitten), and the Mac/Danny slash that I read was very interesting, I chose to ignore the NC-17 rating at first, but soon learned upon getting into the story that I was wrong to ignore it! I am still not really feeling the mac/ danny slash, but imagining danny without a stitch of clothing... mmm mmmm mmm

I bet secretly Stella wants to find Danny taking a shower so she can check for the tat and look at his assests ;) I know if I was working with Carmine that closely, I wouldn't be able to control myself.

Carmine should feel so loved and honored to be the topic of our locker room. (or scared)

Can you imagine the look on her face? Cause, you know, she'd have to look. Do you think he'd be embarrassed or defiant? Especially if she caught sight of the tattoo?

I think at first, she'd be a little embarrassed, but she'd 180 to defiant pretty fast. In fact, she'd probably be relieved to see the tattoo so she could cover her embarrassment by confronting him.

As if we weren't already mentally undressing him.

:eek: :eek: Us??!? :eek: :eek:

Please writers...we need to live vicariously through Stella. Send her to the locker room.

Posted by lament:
Please writers...we need to live vicariously through Stella. Send her to the locker room.

Hmm ... that sounds almost like a battle cry, or perhaps a really fantastic slogan to shove in people's *cough writers cough* faces.

Send Stella!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back