Carmine Giovinazzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Locker Room: All Carmine, All The Time

Why did we forget to mention how hot it was when Danny did the "What's the difference? These kids don't give a f--" and then does the flip. God, he looked so gritty, with the stubble and the glare in his eyes. *Drool*

I know! I sat there rewinding the DVR over and over to see him do it again and again. Pathetic? Obsessed? NO! Dedicated! :lol:

Yeah, I thought about the "what's the difference' remark and the flip he made with his hand... again after I read the thread *sigh* that gave me goosebumps just thinking about it and watching it... again. It was so New York

That is the one thing about Carmine that makes him one of the more popular ones, is the fact that he is from New York and has that beautiful accent... now if we can just move his ass into the shower where it belongs...

PS The fanfic with Danny/Mac that is posted was good, I am still trying to get into the whole Danny/Mac slash.

Put it this way: the more of Carmine's clothes that come off...

...the happier we'll all be. Oh yeah, and those ratings thingies too :lol:

Excellent! I'm going to read that at lunch. For some reason, Danny/Mac seems to be a really popular pairing. Danny/Aiden is, too. I think people just like writing about Danny...I've noticed a lot of the stories are in his voice. Just reinforces what a fascinating character he is.

I want to write some Danny stuff so bad but I'm so not feeling the Danny/Aiden ship and, while the idea of Mac and Danny together is hot as hell, I'm not feeling it enough yet to write it. I'm this close to adding a bit of Danny/Stella into my Mac/Aiden series just for the heck of it, but I'm afraid that anything beyond a mild Danny/Stella insinuation would detract from the M/A so...I dunno, lol!

it was so network TV.

I was mildly surprised that he did the flip, I mean everybody knows what it means, but I guess it's still not up there with the f-word. But still, I don't think I've ever seen the bird flipped on network TV...

Posted by ThumpyG:
Yeah, I thought about the "what's the difference' remark and the flip he made with his hand... again after I read the thread *sigh* that gave me goosebumps just thinking about it and watching it... again. It was so New York

That is the one thing about Carmine that makes him one of the more popular ones, is the fact that he is from New York and has that beautiful accent... now if we can just move his ass into the shower where it belongs...

I gotta say, I've never really loved a NY accent before. Unless you cound Chris Noth's from when he was in L&O. But usually I prefer British ones. Still, Carmine's is so gravelly and sexy...yeah, I'm a convert. :D

PS The fanfic with Danny/Mac that is posted was good, I am still trying to get into the whole Danny/Mac slash.

I'll be honest--I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of slash since usually it isn't in the show (or usually not blatantly). And it's not like we're ever going to see Mac and Danny ever hook up on screen. But it's intriguing, and the stories I've read have been good.

Posted by BittenByTheWolfe:
I want to write some Danny stuff so bad but I'm so not feeling the Danny/Aiden ship and, while the idea of Mac and Danny together is hot as hell, I'm not feeling it enough yet to write it. I'm this close to adding a bit of Danny/Stella into my Mac/Aiden series just for the heck of it, but I'm afraid that anything beyond a mild Danny/Stella insinuation would detract from the M/A so...I dunno, lol!

Yeah, it seems like focusing on one 'ship works best. Though, you could kind of use Danny/Stella to to move Mac/Aiden along, or reflect something they're feeling.

I don't really see Mac/Danny either, but that's probably because I'm such a big fan of Stella/Danny.

I was mildly surprised that he did the flip, I mean everybody knows what it means, but I guess it's still not up there with the f-word. But still, I don't think I've ever seen the bird flipped on network TV...

I don't know that I've ever seen the finger flip on the nets, either. I know they used the British one in Buffy (the two finger salute) but I can't recall for sure if I've seen the American one. Maybe in Friends? Or not. I can't recall.

I wonder if the FCC will be on them for that.

i thought Danny's flip was hot as hell especially with his thick NY accent. i was like drooling it just made him soo sexy for some reason. i loved how he said "They don't give a.." in NY accent. my friend as i were talking about the ep the next day and we both agreed that it was just soo great that scene. i wanna him to that again this time reallie mean like if someone was pissing him off and he fliped the "f-you" sign to them. i would go soo crazy if he did that to it would be a typical NY-er thing (no offense to anyone fron NY just my opinion) :p

*wanev at everyone* Hello all! I just finished reading all those posts, and I think I have found the board for me ;)

Not sure about in his movies but isn't there a link to a pic a couple pages back where there's a lovely view of his assets?

Where?!?! I looked, but I couldn't find it :mad:
Could you pretty please put another link to it?

Where?!?! I looked, but I couldn't find it
Could you pretty please put another link to it?

It was back on page six, posted by rexxy. Click here. Danny has such delicious assets ;)

I gotta say, I've never really loved a NY accent before.

There's been a couple times I've found the NY accent hot (I could listen to Art Garfunkel read a phone book and I'd swoon) but to be perfectly honest, there are certain NY dialects that get on my nerves. They just seem so...abrasive. Not Carmine's though, his is...smooth.

Speaking of Carmine's assets, in one of his movies, Billy's Hollywood screen kiss, the first scene he is in, is Carmine showing off his bare ass. ( I just finished watching it, and rewinding to his ass a few times) and his sexy accent is mmmmm.

He is one person who just keeps getting sexier and sexier the older he gets. I think that his work on CSI:NY is some of his best work (that I have seen) I have read on one of his bios about an independent film that he has been working on and if it were ever produced for film I would love to see it.

Locker room groupies: We all need to band together to make sure that Carmine (and the rest of CSI:NY) doesn't get cancelled anytime soon. I need my weekly Carmine...it's one addiction that I refuse to break.

There's been a couple times I've found the NY accent hot (I could listen to Art Garfunkel read a phone book and I'd swoon) but to be perfectly honest, there are certain NY dialects that get on my nerves. They just seem so...abrasive. Not Carmine's though, his is...smooth.

Yeah, I have to admit, usually the NY accent really grates. I mean, it's not awful (I prefer it to say, a Boston or Jersey one), but it's just so distinctive and often heavy. It's funny how some New Yorkers have it and others don't. Does anyone know why that is?

Posted by ThumpyG:
Speaking of Carmine's assets, in one of his movies, Billy's Hollywood screen kiss, the first scene he is in, is Carmine showing off his bare ass. ( I just finished watching it, and rewinding to his ass a few times) and his sexy accent is mmmmm.

I admit, I watched that bit on his website. :eek: It, erm, made me want to see the movie for less than pure reasons. :devil: Though I do love Sean Hayes and actually recall wanting to see the movie when that came out.

He is one person who just keeps getting sexier and sexier the older he gets. I think that his work on CSI:NY is some of his best work (that I have seen) I have read on one of his bios about an independent film that he has been working on and if it were ever produced for film I would love to see it.

Yeah, he does look better in his 30s than he did in his 20s. He kinda looked like a little punk in his 20s. :lol: You know, the overly-agressive type guy with a chip on his shoulder and an attitude? I could be wrong--after all, I'm just reading that from his movie roles (which obviously aren't him). But in his thirties he seems calmer and more mature--Danny might give attitude sometimes, but he's also grounded.

I remember reading an interview with him about that independent movie, too. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out if it gets made. It sounds awfully autobiographical to me, but then, I guess that makes sense. A lot of first novels are--I can see how it would be the same with first films.

Locker room groupies: We all need to band together to make sure that Carmine (and the rest of CSI:NY) doesn't get cancelled anytime soon. I need my weekly Carmine...it's one addiction that I refuse to break.

I doubt the show is in serious danger of cancellation. But I certainly wouldn't object if they wanted to pitch the shower scene to Carmine with that in mind... :lol:

BTW, welcome to the Locker Room, GOTHICcheerNERD! :D

It's funny how some New Yorkers have it and others don't. Does anyone know why that is?

Hmm, that is interesting. Maybe if I get a chance I'll ask my linguistics professor.

He is one person who just keeps getting sexier and sexier the older he gets.

Like fine wine, baby! :lol:

Has anyone read the latest Mac/Danny piece on ff.net? I won't link it here because I think the author gave it an R rating, but it starts out with him in the shower. It's post-Tanglewood though, so it's pretty angsty, but it's a good read.

BTW, welcome to the Locker Room, GOTHICcheerNERD!

I second that :)

Hmm, that is interesting. Maybe if I get a chance I'll ask my linguistics professor.

I'd be really curious to know. I suspect it's a regional thing (it flourishes in certain part of the city), but I'm no linguist so that's just a guess.

Like fine wine, baby! :lol:

Has anyone read the latest Mac/Danny piece on ff.net? I won't link it here because I think the author gave it an R rating, but it starts out with him in the shower. It's post-Tanglewood though, so it's pretty angsty, but it's a good read.

I have. That was a really good fic...very sexy, and hell, it had Danny in the shower! Guess maybe fan fic writers will fulfill our fantasies even if the show writer's won't. :lol:

I'd be really curious to know. I suspect it's a regional thing (it flourishes in certain part of the city), but I'm no linguist so that's just a guess.

Linguistics is Love! Seriously, I think I love linguistics more than I love English, I wish I could major in it but the university I'm attending only offers it as a minor. I'll probably go on to get my Masters in Linguistics though, at another school (which happens to offer a class called Forensics Phonetics, how cool is that?)

Anyways, yeah, that'd be my guess, certain areas of NY seem to have had different cultures settle there and so slightly different dialects have emerged.

even if the show writer's won't.

The writers are taunting us, methinks.

Linguistics is Love! Seriously, I think I love linguistics more than I love English, I wish I could major in it but the university I'm attending only offers it as a minor. I'll probably go on to get my Masters in Linguistics though, at another school (which happens to offer a class called Forensics Phonetics, how cool is that?)

Anyways, yeah, that'd be my guess, certain areas of NY seem to have had different cultures settle there and so slightly different dialects have emerged.

It's too bad your school doesn't have a linguistics major, but it will probably be nice to have both the English and Linguistics experience under your belt for grad school!

Forensics linguistics??? What's that? It sounds cool--and very CSI. :cool:

I wonder if the NY accents are kind of like London ones. There are several different dialects in London IIRC.

The writers are taunting us, methinks.

So long as they pony up in the end, I'm fine with that. I don't mind a little teasing as long as there's a payoff. :devil:

Yeah, I figure with the English degree I can do practically anything, career-wise, because employers figure if you can read you're good to go, so I'm not knocking having both areas.

Forensics linguistics??? What's that? It sounds cool--and very CSI.

Here's the course description:

LIN 5203 - Forensics Phonetics (Credit hours: 3)

Analysis of stored speech, surveillance, recording/decoding of speech, authentication of tape recordings, speaker identification, stress identification, stress analysis, and quantitative analysis of language.

I wonder if the NY accents are kind of like London ones. There are several different dialects in London IIRC.

I love listening to all the different English dialects, especially the London ones, lol.

I don't mind a little teasing as long as there's a payoff.

It better be a damn good payoff :devil: Nothing less than Carmine in the shower will do after we've been pining so long.

Yeah, I figure with the English degree I can do practically anything, career-wise, because employers figure if you can read you're good to go, so I'm not knocking having both areas.

So true. I love my degree...I feel like it opens up a lot of avenues. It also helps with going after writing jobs. Because English majors write so many papers, people know you can write, which is cool.

Here's the course description:

LIN 5203 - Forensics Phonetics (Credit hours: 3)

Analysis of stored speech, surveillance, recording/decoding of speech, authentication of tape recordings, speaker identification, stress identification, stress analysis, and quantitative analysis of language.

Oh, that is so CSI! I wonder how long that course has been offered. How cool.

I love listening to all the different English dialects, especially the London ones, lol.

I was in England and Scotland a year ago, and the dialects are just fascinating. Some of the Scottish ones are so heavy you can barely even understand them! The Glaswegian ones in particular are very thick. Damn, I do love those accents though! :D

It better be a damn good payoff :devil: Nothing less than Carmine in the shower will do after we've been pining so long.

I'd say at this point nothing short of putting Danny in the show will satiate us! :lol: Though, can you imagine the reaction in here to that scene if it does happen! :lol: I imagine it will be worse than guys at a strip club. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back