Carmine Giovinazzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Locker Room: All Carmine, All The Time

Oh, that is so CSI! I wonder how long that course has been offered. How cool.

So far I've only found that particular class at the University of Florida but I'm sure the things taught in that class are skills that are gained through taking phonetics classes in any university linguistics department. UF just happened to draw on it and culminate it into a focused class, I'm assuming.

I was in England and Scotland a year ago, and the dialects are just fascinating. Some of the Scottish ones are so heavy you can barely even understand them! The Glaswegian ones in particular are very thick. Damn, I do love those accents though!

Scottish accents are my weakness. Up in the hills of Kentucky, where my mom's side of the family is from, you can still hear a touch of the brogue because so many of the original settlers were Scottish. In deeper areas, areas that don't have much contact with the outside world, their form of English still sounds very antiquated. It's so cool.

Though, can you imagine the reaction in here to that scene if it does happen! :lol: I imagine it will be worse than guys at a strip club.

:lol: I'm telling you, if I was a writer I'd write that scene in just to see it blow up in here. But hey, it's the Locker Room, we're entitled to whoop it up :lol:

The school that I am applying for grad school offers a new forensic linguistics class for their MA in Forensic Science as well. It sounds intriguing.

OK, so not that we don't love his hotness and all that, but does this grate with anyone else:

Giovinazzo: Yeah. You know, it's a test. I know the world does it every day and my hat goes off to them. How they can consistently do the same thing day in and day out and walk that same road day in and day out--it's an amazing discipline that you have to have to do that and do that with your head up.

I don't know...that kind of bugs me for some reason. Maybe it's just the stuff about work and doing the same thing every day--guess what, everybody does! :p I don't know--it kinda bugged me. Anyone else, or am I just being over-sensitive because my job is feeling kinda repetitive these days? :p

Meh, it kinda grated on me a little when I read that the first time but I don't think he means anything bad by it. He's obviously the artist type and so a 9-5 schedule is something that probably doesn't compute well with him.

But just to be safe, I do think we'll need a shower scene to sooth our ruffled feathers ;)

Posted by BittenByTheWolfe:
Meh, it kinda grated on me a little when I read that the first time but I don't think he means anything bad by it. He's obviously the artist type and so a 9-5 schedule is something that probably doesn't compute well with him.

Yeah, I guess it just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. It struck me as a little condescending. He probably didn't mean it that way, but it did hit a nerve, I guess. Oh well--I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was a smidge irritated by it.

But just to be safe, I do think we'll need a shower scene to sooth our ruffled feathers ;)

Penance! He should do penance! By getting naked. :D

I can totally understand where he's coming from, though. I'm not too keen on 9-5 and there are times I worry about what will happen when I have to get a real job. My hope is that I'll just strike it rich or write a bestseller and so won't have to worry about it :lol:

Penance! He should do penance! By getting naked.

He's been a baaad boy! :devil: I volunteer to administer said punishment.

I can totally understand where he's coming from, though. I'm not too keen on 9-5 and there are times I worry about what will happen when I have to get a real job. My hope is that I'll just strike it rich or write a bestseller and so won't have to worry about it :lol:

Yeah, I do, too, and maybe that's why it ticked me off so much. It's hard to come home from a 9-5 job and then write. Presuming he enjoys acting and likes it, it came off like he was bitching a little bit about the job. If I had my dream job (writing full time), I wouldn't bitch about it.

OK, maybe I would because everybody bitches about their job, but still. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

The funny thing is that Rory Cochrane said essentially the same thing in his interview about the work being so hard and it didn't bug me. I think it was something about Carmine using the phrase "how they keep their heads up day to day." It just really bugged me and I'm not totally sure why. *sigh*

He's been a baaad boy! :devil: I volunteer to administer said punishment.

Heh, make him come to the locker room and do a strip tease. Now that's adequate punishment. :lol:

If I had my dream job (writing full time)

*Sigh* Wouldn't that be nice? What kinds of things do you write?

The funny thing is that Rory Cochrane said essentially the same thing

Yeah, I noticed that too. But you know, I don't think Carmine was outright bitching about it the way Rory was. I think he was just trying to point out that it's a change for him and it takes getting used to. And actually, Rory's comments sort of pissed me off because I'm of the school of thought that if you enjoy your art you do a good job, regardless of what you have to do for it. He essentially said that he finally got to the point where he didn't care how he did. Now, I've had roles that I didn't like, but I still played them to the best of my abilities because I enjoy acting. I just didn't understand his attitude towards it, although I can be appreciative of the fact that at least he realized what was going on and bowed out rather than make things miserable for everybody.

Heh, make him come to the locker room and do a strip tease. Now that's adequate punishment.

:lol: Rock on! I could totally go for that. Then of course, he'd get all hot and sweaty and have to shower. The circle of life always brings it back to the shower.

*Sigh* Wouldn't that be nice? What kinds of things do you write?

I'm working on a novel (who isn't, right?) and I've written some stories and I've tried my hand at screenwriting as well. I'm also a freelance reviewer. What about you--what kind of writing do you do?

Yeah, I noticed that too. But you know, I don't think Carmine was outright bitching about it the way Rory was. I think he was just trying to point out that it's a change for him and it takes getting used to. And actually, Rory's comments sort of pissed me off because I'm of the school of thought that if you enjoy your art you do a good job, regardless of what you have to do for it. He essentially said that he finally got to the point where he didn't care how he did. Now, I've had roles that I didn't like, but I still played them to the best of my abilities because I enjoy acting. I just didn't understand his attitude towards it, although I can be appreciative of the fact that at least he realized what was going on and bowed out rather than make things miserable for everybody.

I guess the impression I got from Rory was that movies had just totally gotten him adjusted to a radically different schedule. I think he literally couldn't handle the TV schedule. Now, obviously, there are plenty that can (hello, Gary Sinise!) so that's not an excuse...I guess he was maybe just lazy (no diss on Rory--I love the guy and plenty of people are lazy, and heck, if he can afford to quit...). That was my take on it.

But he didn't look down his nose and marvel at how the rest of the world could work a regular 9-5 job with their pride intact.

(Oooh, I think I'm getting closer to what's bugging me about this--thanks for talking it out with me, Bitten :D )

:lol: Rock on! I could totally go for that. Then of course, he'd get all hot and sweaty and have to shower. The circle of life always brings it back to the shower.

Yes it does. :D We'd get to watch that, too. His comment was pretty snotty, after all. Lots of penance and all of that good stuff. ;)

I didn't take too much stock into the comment Carmine made about 9-5 jobs. I, for one, work a 9-5 job, which can be boring, but the field that I am in isn't, so it keeps me entertained- until I can be in the field that I want to be in.

*sigh* Carmine is just a hot artist :p, and the artists that I know always seem to beat to a different drummer, which is good for me to be around, because I am too disciplined.

Yes, pentance is in order for Carmine. So of course, his bare assets must be in the shower- very soon.

I'm working on a novel (who isn't, right?) and I've written some stories and I've tried my hand at screenwriting as well. I'm also a freelance reviewer. What about you--what kind of writing do you do?

I've attempted novels but I really do my best with short stories, methinks. Screenwriting would be a dream for me though, because I'm very much into video production as well as acting, so really it's like rolling all my loves into one :lol:

And of course, I write fanfiction. It's something to sort of loosen up, really, and it's fun. If I'm writing something original and I get stuck it's nice to turn to fanfic because you still have your creativity flowing but it's a change of pace.

What's the novel about? And I'd love to read some of your stuff sometime, if you're cool with that.

Now, obviously, there are plenty that can (hello, Gary Sinise!) so that's not an excuse...I guess he was maybe just lazy

Yeah, I felt like Rory was being a bit lazy, and like I said, I just can't understand that attitude, but I don't diss him for it either.

Oooh, I think I'm getting closer to what's bugging me about this--thanks for talking it out with me, Bitten

Haha, the doctor is in :lol:

We'd get to watch that, too. His comment was pretty snotty, after all. Lots of penance and all of that good stuff.

Mmmm, shower... :devil: My mind is so in the gutter right now.

ETA-

I, for one, work a 9-5 job, which can be boring, but the field that I am in isn't, so it keeps me entertained- until I can be in the field that I want to be in.

What do you do?

Posted by ThumpyG:
I didn't take too much stock into the comment Carmine made about 9-5 jobs. I, for one, work a 9-5 job, which can be boring, but the field that I am in isn't, so it keeps me entertained- until I can be in the field that I want to be in.

Yeah, I guess I just saw it as condescending to everyone who works 9-5 jobs. Wouldn't most choose something different if they had the choice? I guess I resented his implication that it inherantly lacks dignity. (Breakthrough, Bitten! :D )

*sigh* Carmine is just a hot artist :p, and the artists that I know always seem to beat to a different drummer, which is good for me to be around, because I am too disciplined.

Yeah, I guess that's true. Discipline has never been one of my strong suits--I wish it was! But, still, you gotta have some just to get by on a daily basis!

Yes, pentance is in order for Carmine. So of course, his bare assets must be in the shower- very soon.

Thumpy, you are wise as well! Guess that's three votes for the shower... :D :devil:

I've attempted novels but I really do my best with short stories, methinks. Screenwriting would be a dream for me though, because I'm very much into video production as well as acting, so really it's like rolling all my loves into one :lol:

Yeah, it's actually very fun! I love it especially because my strength is dialogue. I can't describe a tree for four pages straight, but I can write some mean witty banter.

Novels are tough. Mine was born from a short story and it's just screaming at me to turn it into a novel. The funny thing is, the only things that survived the story were the title and the two main characters names. :lol: I love how writing evolves.

And of course, I write fanfiction. It's something to sort of loosen up, really, and it's fun. If I'm writing something original and I get stuck it's nice to turn to fanfic because you still have your creativity flowing but it's a change of pace.

I have to say, I love reading fan fic. I haven't tried my hand at it yet, but I really like reading it, especially for the CSI shows. We get so little in the way of character development that it's almost necessary. And it's fun to play with characters you really like and imagine, "what if...?"

What's the novel about? And I'd love to read some of your stuff sometime, if you're cool with that.

And vice versa! I'll send you a PM (you have a hundred posts, right?) later this afternoon. :)

Yeah, I felt like Rory was being a bit lazy, and like I said, I just can't understand that attitude, but I don't diss him for it either.

That was the impression I got. Some people don't want to work too hard and hey, if they can pull it off...more power to them, I say.

Haha, the doctor is in :lol:

You're good! Like I said above in the response to Thumpy...think I made a breakthrough! :D The bill's in the mail, right? :lol:

Mmmm, shower... :devil: My mind is so in the gutter right now.

Mine, too. :devil: :devil: :devil: 's worth. ;)

Discipline has never been one of my strong suits--I wish it was!

Discipline? What is this that you speak of? :lol:

Yeah, it's actually very fun! I love it especially because my strength is dialogue. I can't describe a tree for four pages straight, but I can write some mean witty banter.

I've been told that dialogue is a strong point for me, too. Don't know how true that is, I'm crap at critiquing my own writing :lol: But really, I'm such a visual person anyways that I usually have to see the scene first and then go from there. With video production it's nice because then I don't have to worry about whether I'm getting the image of the tree across, I can just show it. That might sound lazy but it's really not because then my skills as a director/cinemetographer come in and I get just as excited about that stuff as I do about writing :lol:

I love how writing evolves.

I know! Isn't it kewl?! :lol:

And it's fun to play with characters you really like and imagine, "what if...?"

Exactly. I mean, I know M/A probably won't happen on the show, but I love the chemistry they seem to have together so I've taken initiative to try and show how that chemistry could possibly evolve. Plus it's an entertaining way to get your own theories about things across, and to also hear other people's takes on things.

And vice versa! I'll send you a PM (you have a hundred posts, right?) later this afternoon.

Rock on! Yeah, I just looked up at my screen name this morning and was surprised to see that I'm now a Police Officer :lol: I'll try and send you a PM as well but it'll probably be later tonight, as I'm at school right now. I look forward to reading yours!

The bill's in the mail, right?

But of course! :lol:

Mine, too. :devil: :devil: :devil:'s worth.

:lol: Isn't having a mind in the gutter a requirement for joining the Locker Room? ;)

I've been told that dialogue is a strong point for me, too. Don't know how true that is, I'm crap at critiquing my own writing :lol: But really, I'm such a visual person anyways that I usually have to see the scene first and then go from there. With video production it's nice because then I don't have to worry about whether I'm getting the image of the tree across, I can just show it. That might sound lazy but it's really not because then my skills as a director/cinemetographer come in and I get just as excited about that stuff as I do about writing :lol:

I don't think that's lazy at all...I know a lot more goes into cinematography than meets the eye. It looks so seamless when it's well done! What kind of videos have you worked on? Have you taken classes in video production/filmmaking?

Exactly. I mean, I know M/A probably won't happen on the show, but I love the chemistry they seem to have together so I've taken initiative to try and show how that chemistry could possibly evolve. Plus it's an entertaining way to get your own theories about things across, and to also hear other people's takes on things.

That's kind of how I feel about Stella/Danny...I see some on screen chemistry but I doubt it will ever go anywhere. But it's fun to explore and like you said, imagine how that could evolve.

Rock on! Yeah, I just looked up at my screen name this morning and was surprised to see that I'm now a Police Officer :lol: I'll try and send you a PM as well but it'll probably be later tonight, as I'm at school right now. I look forward to reading yours!

Congrats, Officer Wolfe! ;) It's funny--I love the ranks here. One of my friends is registered here and he was quite surprised when he gained the rank 'Dead on Arrival.' He took it personally! :lol:

:lol: Isn't having a mind in the gutter a requirement for joining the Locker Room? ;)

Hell yeah! A dirty mind and a desire to see Danny naked. All one and the same though, right? :devil:

I noticed that I am now Dead on Arrival, and that it will change soon, so I think that it is fun!

So, Top 41 and Bitten: Are both of you writers? I myself am a terrible writer, but an excellent investigator. I hope to actually go back to grad school for forensic science.

I also have a couple of questions. Is there more than one fanfic web site? When I have the time I enjoy reading the stories. also, since this is a Carmine thread :) How is his last name pronounced? I know that when I am pronouncing it, I have to butchering it! also, what it Mr. Giovinazzo's middle name? All I know it the middle initial is D. thanks!

PS: I am also so glad that I have found other 'normal' people who feel the same way about that Italian Stallion, Danny. I knew that I wasn't alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back