Carmine Giovinazzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Locker Room: All Danny, All The Time

Wasn't on the set....

Carmine was a true gentleman.

Vanessa was in Spiderman 2? Never seen the movie. I may have to see it now.

Posted by CSIMelissa:
Wasn't on the set....

Carmine was a true gentleman.

Ok, then...so where did you meet him and Gary? What was Gary like? I saw him in concert and thought he was a blast.

Cool to know Carmine was nice! Did you talk to him long?

Vanessa was in Spiderman 2? Never seen the movie. I may have to see it now.

She plays Kirsten Dunst's friend. It's a small part, but I remember noticing her and saying, hey, that's the chick from 24! :lol:

Posted by lookaboomerang:
A friend of mine spent the first 15 years of her life growing up in Queens and then moved upstate and has lived here for the past 4 years. Her accent isn't really that noticible anymore, but when she gets fired up about something...wow. :lol:

Oh yeah. That is so true. I lived in a small town in Eastern NC for eight years then I moved to Raleigh which is much bigger. My country accent has slipped into hiding, but when I get worked up it comes back swinging. It's also kind of geographical. I spent four years getting my undergrad in the tiny mountain town of Boone, NC. While I was there the country slipped back into my voice.

On the other hand, I've always been a performer. I used to write and perform my own plays when I was little. I just pick up accents. My English teacher in high school made me read the part of Eliza in My Fair Lady for the class, because a friend let it slip that I could do a Cockney accent. Right now I'm trying to pick up Carmine's accent to add to my collection. One of my friends and I both watch CSI: NY and now we like to play argue in his accent. ;)

On-location filming for the epi "Supply & Demand".

Carmine and Gary were both super nice and very charming. Very down to earth. "Regular guys." Gary has always, always, always been my #1 favorite actor of all time so it was a true honor to meet him. It was thrilling to meet Carmine too.

Talked to Carmine about 20 minutes and Gary about 10. Since they were both working I didn't want to bother them much with idle convo.

Right now I'm trying to pick up Carmine's accent to add to my collection. One of my friends and I both watch CSI: NY and now we like to play argue in his accent.
Good luck with that! :lol: I think a NY accent is one of the harder ones to try to imitate.

Posted by Aglarelen:
On the other hand, I've always been a performer. I used to write and perform my own plays when I was little. I just pick up accents. My English teacher in high school made me read the part of Eliza in My Fair Lady for the class, because a friend let it slip that I could do a Cockney accent. Right now I'm trying to pick up Carmine's accent to add to my collection. One of my friends and I both watch CSI: NY and now we like to play argue in his accent. ;)

:lol: You sound like me, I love listening to and imitating accents. When I worked drive thru I used to pick an accent for the evening and take orders in it to practice. Let me tell ya, it got some strange looks from my regulars!

They are harder to imitate! My friends and I tryed, and mostly we just ended up sounding dumb. :lol:

It takes a good ear. As many times as I've been to NYC I still have some problems because depending on where you are from your accent varies somewhat....

Posted by CSIMelissa:
On-location filming for the epi "Supply & Demand".

That's cool! Were you a guest star or did you just happen upon the filming?

Carmine and Gary were both super nice and very charming. Very down to earth. "Regular guys." Gary has always, always, always been my #1 favorite actor of all time so it was a true honor to meet him. It was thrilling to meet Carmine too.

I love Gary! There's something very down-to-earth and sincere about him that I've always liked. It must have been very cool for you to meet him!

Talked to Carmine about 20 minutes and Gary about 10. Since they were both working I didn't want to bother them much with idle convo.

That's cool...what did you talk to them about?

For some reason, seeing Carmine in a tshirt seems odd to me...In my little fantasy world, he's always in CSI attire. I need to snap out of that. :p

For some reason, seeing Carmine in a tshirt seems odd to me...In my little fantasy world, he's always in CSI attire. I need to snap out of that. :p

:lol: Haha yeah, same here!

Can't remember everything we talked about but talked about NYC because I had just come from there (I started my vacation in NYC and then headed out to LA). Also talked about the show and other basic small talk. My mother was with me so we were both talking with him.

With Gary I mainly talked to him about his work and how I admired his USO work.... He had a great sense of humor. Very disarming.

M

Guess you could say he was "out of uniform"!

OMG I am so glad I stumbled upon this conversation! Melissa, you are sooooo lucky! And beautiful too, btw! I don't know if I could have kept my composure for 20 minutes and talk to Carmine!!

It helps to remember that they are real people.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back