Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Locker Room: All Danny, All The Time

Posted by jesstiger81:
...and now for a little diddy...

O Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen and down the mountainside
The summer's gone and all the roses falling
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
O Danny boy, O Danny boy, I love you so.

But if ye come and all the flowers are dying
If I am dead, as dead I well may be,
You'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an Ave there for me.

And I shall hear, though soft, your tread above me
And all my grave shall warmer, sweeter be
For you will bend and tell me that you love me
And I will sleep in peace until you come to me.

That's from a song called Irish Tune from County Derry. It's by Percy Grainger, and it's about a boy named Danny. Imagine that! Someone should change the words and make it a CSI song! lol

This is great but I have to mention...
At least you didnt' put Irish Drinking Song ( I think they were Irish): Chumbawamba - Tubthumping.
I'm sorry, just that "Oh Danny Boy" made me think that :p
*teenage memories again*

Yes! Teenage memories for sure! LOL! I was thinking we could rewrite the song to something like...

Oh Danny boy, the coroner is calling,
His cell to yours, and down the New York streets.
It's winter there, and people all are dying,
Tis' you must go, because it is your case.

HEHE...

Posted by Khanada:
The thief! Someone should take those handcuffs and [censored by the PG-13-o-meter].

Okay, this group can use their imaginations and fill in those blank spots.

Hee--yeah, I can. I gotta admit, I can think of lots of naughty things to do to Danny with those handcuffs. :devil: Like [CENSORED BY THE PG-13-O-METER]...

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't let that one slip by. :p

I started watching the CSI shows during Miami's 2nd season and CSI's 4th. I got really into Miami (caught up on season 1 over the summer). I've never quite warmed to Vegas in the same way. Miami was my favorite, but New York has pretty much overtaken it this year. I'm really into NY right now, for a lot of reasons. I think the recent stories have been really strong. And I like the chacters a lot--there's not one that I find uninteresting or boring.

I agree Top. NY just has a charisma, it's the best show. The characters mesh really well together, and they interchange the pairings for cases and stuff. I love it!

BTW Top, is there a name we can call you, or do you prefer Top?

Posted by jesstiger81:
...and now for a little diddy...

O Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen and down the mountainside
The summer's gone and all the roses falling
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
O Danny boy, O Danny boy, I love you so.

But if ye come and all the flowers are dying
If I am dead, as dead I well may be,
You'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an Ave there for me.

And I shall hear, though soft, your tread above me
And all my grave shall warmer, sweeter be
For you will bend and tell me that you love me
And I will sleep in peace until you come to me.

That's from a song called Irish Tune from County Derry. It's by Percy Grainger, and it's about a boy named Danny. Imagine that! Someone should change the words and make it a CSI song! lol

That's an old traditional Irish folk song, very gorgeous. Joan Baez has done one of the best versions I've ever heard, although it's not the full song because she sings it in a medley with "I Dream of Jeannie" (by Stephen Foster.) It also sounds amazingly, gut-wrenchingly beautiful when a man sings it. Preferrably an Irishman since they have some of the best voices around... :D But yeah, it's a song to make even the hardest heart feel a little weepy.

Mmmm, handcuffs... :devil:

Definitely so! I am a band geek and we played it in symphonic band in college. The conductor cried every time we played it, even during rehearsal! He always made us cry! Such a beautiful and emotional song!

This may sound really stupid, but I'm new here, and I'm just wondering. Is there really something called the PG-13-O-Meter that edits stuff out like so: [censored by the PG-13-O-Meter], or is it more like a running joke? Just wondering, and again I apologize in advance for asking a dumb question!

It's not a stupid question, I'd be wondering myself if I was new around here. Yes, it's a running joke. Basically we're a naughty bunch in here, but we have to keep the conversation rated PG-13, so the idea of the PG-13-o-Meter was born. It's since become the Number One Nemesis of The Locker Room Groupies (kinda like the Potted Plant has become, uh, our...mascot. Hey, do ya'll ever wonder if we're weird or just highly imaginative?) :lol:

I asked that same question yesterday Chrissy! Welcome!

Oh yeah, what is the potted plant thing? I was wondering about that too.

The potted plant came up in a conversation some few weeks back. I believe it was Top41 who said something along the lines that every man/woman/potted plant would want to see Danny nekkid in the shower. We took it, ran with it and the rest is, as they say, history. :lol:

I just laughed out loud! That is hilarous. You get you some, potted plant.

And those go along with concepts as "The Hotness" which basicly means just Danny.
Then there was something else too...

Tho, I'm the only one who probably uses "The Hotness" or just "TH" but just in case... thought I'd tell that. I wanted to post. I was wondering that potted plant too, but now I know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back