Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

^It's interesting that covering it up is his first instinct. It really does make me think that Danny's learned the hard way that when something bad is going down, trying to stop it only makes it worse. Better to just try to wait it out--though of course, it's clear from his actions that he's not at ease during what's going on.

2. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

^^^^ I agree, he looks uncomfortable in the extreme. But I think his first instinct is to support Mac, even if he might not agree with what he's doing.

3. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Yes, Danny was in shock because I don't think he expected Mac to loose it like that. But that is Mac, and this is Danny. I don't think he had to think about what to do, he just acted on the first instinct. And that means unconditional support. Danny's ( and Flack's) reactions didn't really surprise me. Don't know why, I just expect them to always act by that unwritten rule of loyalty.

4. Top41

Yeah, I think for Danny loyalty comes first. But I also think that he didn't know what to do--he was totally at a loss. I rewatched the scene last night after watching Miami and noticed that it was actually Flack who shut the door after he got Mac out of there. The way Danny put his hand over his mouth when Flack came in suggests he was really shaken...and relieved when Flack came in and stopped Mac.

5. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I'm really really happy to see the new spoilers out about Danny over in the spoiler thread. It's going to be such an excellent opportunity for us to reconnect with that old Danny who was the tough guy on the outside but all sweetness and light on the inside, untainted by "romance". Carmine should knock this one out of the park!

6. Top41

^Yeah, I can't wait for that episode! I think Carmine will do a fantastic job with that, and it will really mine the emotional depths we know Danny has. A large part of what makes Danny so fascinating is that he is so emotional. I love that about him, that he wears his heart on his sleeve and can't hide what he's feeling.

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I am reallyreallyreally crossing my fingers that the episode will be untainted by any forced and awkward romance. Unfortunately from past experiences, we know that TPTB can totally pull out whole scenes at the last minute and take away what we might have been expecting at the last minute. (Fay came up with one particular and scarily possible scenario that actually made me want to hurl something at the wall if TPTB chooses to write it out. :lol:)

I hear he's definitely going to shed some tears in this episode. I'm eager to see if it'll be different from the crying scene in RSRD. You know a guy can act when he can not only do a fantastic range of expression, but cry in different ways too! ;)

8. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Color me excited as well. :D

It looks like Carmine wasn't kidding when he told me the real Danny would be back this year. I'm really happy with what I've seen so far and this particular episode makes me even more hopeful. Is someone out there really listening to us???

This could be the right year for that "Emmy nomination" campaing...

9. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

If they give him the right material this year, I'm all for organizing that. He deserves it.

10. Top41

I love that about him--he really has such a phenomenal range. It is interesting that every time we've seen Danny cry or come close to tears that it's been totally different. In "On the Job" he seemed lost and overwhelmed, in "Heroes" devastated and shocked and in RSRD, totally broken. I can't wait to see what he does with this episode.

11. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

^ Good point. Many actors can't even do tears well, but to do many different shades of tears well is truly an art. I can't wait to see what they look like in "Child's Play".

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I was reading one of the DVD reviews from the CSI Files article about the S3 DVDs. I saw this and thought I'd share.

So anyway, the part of her review that I wanted to share was this, about Danny (obviously):

:p No, it doesn't hurt, but the part about his performance and character was what really stood out to me. This is season three Danny, which quite a few of us felt was lacking from the previous seasons, and this person that was brand new to the show saw the same spark and life that we see in him. I thought that was interesting. I didn't agree with everything she said, but I definitely agree that Danny is a realistic and diverse character--even if I think seasons one and two showcased it better. ;)

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That's really interesting. It's energizing to see people new to the show can see so much in Danny and Carmine's performance when some of us who've seen the previous seasons became dishartened with S3 Danny.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^And if S3 Danny had such an impact, he must be even more of a force than we thought. :lol: We thought he was diminished last season, and he still came across that strongly to this person. :p

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

The reviewer came in straight at season three and said that, so imagine the amazing things she's gonna say about Carmine when she does see seasons one and two! :lol: