Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Catwoman

Catwoman Hit and Run

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

Ooo...can we write the scripts? That is a great storyline. She feels so neglected that she decides to move again. This time to Alaska, and is never heard from again, except that CSI:Alaska asks Mac to come identify the remains of a body that some bear decided to snack on. :devil:

Sorry...wrong thread for that. :lol:

Take care,

Cat

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I much prefer the idea of Lindsay cheating to Danny cheating. For one, she's proven herself enormously self-centered, while he's showed he's anything but. At the same time, they might not go that route because it would make Danny look even more like a "punching bag" and they've already done enough of that.

I think the best we can hope for is that "Dindsay" stays in the background and Danny gets some outside development this season.

3. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

^ I actually like the idea of Danny cheating. Sure, it'll reveal a character flaw, but I'd rather see him grow some sack and screw Lindsay over, than just completely get run through the ringer by this girl who has already treated him like crap.

Given the nature of television drama, I'd assume any cheating would just be a temporary stumbling block in an on-going relationship. I'm sure it's not like one of them will cheat and viewers will finally be treated to a merciful ending of this crapfest. Oh no. There will be relationship drama. That's just the nature of the game. And if Lindsay cheats on Danny and then we have to watch him struggling to make it work with this girl, I'm gonna lose my mind, along with any remaining respect for the character that was Danny. But if he cheats on her, it might be good for her self-centered character to get a little reality check and have to work it out.

4. Top41

I'd rather see Danny get disillusioned and dump her than cheat. It's not that I'd have any sympathy for Lindsay--after the shitty way she's treated him, she definitely doesn't deserve him--but I just think it would be out of character for Danny.

However, if he cheats on her with Flack, I'm all for it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :devil: ;)

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I see Danny dumping her solely for reasons that she's a horrible person. It may not even have to come to cheating for the ship to break up. Sure, at this point, TPTB seems hellbent on keeping the ship going on (my theory on that is they've got nothing else to keep Lindsay on the show, which is seriously pitiful) ... but I honestly can't see D/L being happy-wappy for years and years, much less for the whole of season four. Season four hasn't even started yet, and we've heard straight from the mouth of Carmine himself that Danny's going to find out Lindsay's 'not all he thought she was'.

6. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

After Zuiker's latest round of shipbuilding, I fear the worst. As regards the maybe cheating (which I really don't mind if it sinks the s.s. Dindsay) I have a creepy, horrible feeling that it may go to Danny begging Lindsay to take him back after he cheated on her with say, a one night stand. Then we get back to the loathed smacked puppy dog as she knocks him down again and again, until finally, she graciously takes him back, cause she's a wonderful, special, gloriously forgiving person.(scuse me, baaarrrrfff) then keeps him firmly to heel and downtrodden for the rest of the season......... :(

7. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

OMG, talk about a real nightmare! I seriously can't stomach a whole season of these two going back and forth and forming "perfect hearts" together... :eek: Someone please find the old Danny so we can put an end to this senseless plot!

8. Top41

Aaaaand you've summed up exactly why I don't want Danny to cheat. If Danny cheats, it's not like he'll look at the person he's cheated with and say, "You are so much better for me than the crappy girlfriend I have right now!" (which, whoever the woman is, she's pretty much guaranteed to be), and go dump Lindsay. No it would be angst and guilt and he'd feel awful and yeah, he'd beg her to forgive him. And when she finally did, she'd come out looking soooo wonderful. Ugh, no thanks.

Dumping her because he realizes she's "not all he thought she'd be"? Now that would be great. :D

9. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Oh God, joolz's post was horrifying because that's exactly how it would go down if Danny cheated. I stand corrected. I do not want him to cheat on Lindsay. The guilt. The begging for another chance. It'd be too much for me.

Sadly, it's never as easy as Danny simply decides Lindsay isn't all he thought she was, so he breaks up with her. That's just not good tv. It's my dream scenario, but it's just not dramatic enough. We're going to have to endure a season of building a happy foundation and then going over some speed bumps before one of them puts us out of our misery.

I just want to see Danny get his balls back. If she's not all he thought she'd be, dump her plain ass and go tap something else. I'm gonna be pissed if we have to watch him endure a relationship he's not totally happy with because she still owns his balls and he'd feel too bad to dump her 'after all she's been through.'

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

What's interesting/annoying/confusing is that we've heard more than once that, yes, the USS Dindsay will be sailing in S4. However, up until the pic was released we were told it'd be in the background. That the focus would be on work and they'd be "professional" and have "respect" for each other. Now the promo pic that's supposed to hold insight into S4 and Zuiker's explanation of it is all USS Dindsay for those two and nothing related to work. What the f*ck are they playing at? Is it as "simple" as Zuiker and Veasey never talk to each other and are not on the same page with the direction of the ship, or is something else going on? I don't f*cking get it.

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I am still clinging to the hope that there will be no cheating, period. Honestly? I don't put any stock into what Zuiker says anymore. He could say aliens will come visit the team and kidnap them for some anal probing, and I'll still just shrug and feel nada. He lost his cred after his whole dramatic 'destiny dashed' declaration and nothing remotely close to that happened on the show.

The scary bit is ... I can see Joolz's prediction happen on the show. And should that happen, my friends, we can hold an official funeral for Danny Messer who, apparently, already died after season one.

Oh, I have a theory about that, alright, especially with what I know, but I'm sure as hell not going to say it here. I don't want to start one hell of a war on the board, what with some of the kind of people who lurk here.

12. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

It bloody well horrified me too. I had to go and scrub my brain clean with bleach....

Let's just have them get into a huge fight, hella mudslinging from both sides (ticks the tv drama box) and be done with the s.s.Dindsay once and for all..then they can go back to the oneupmanship over who's Mac's pet by constantly competing with each other out of spite, until one day Mac hauls them into his office, tells them to grow up and get on with working together. The obligatory 'sorrys' and 'no hard feelings' out of the way in one swoop.

(and voila, worst hookup in tv history dead and buried
    Well, I can live in hope :rolleyes:)

13. Top41

Well, Danny could always fall for someone else while he's with Lindsay and be torn and then dump Lindsay for the other chick. That's if the "looking elsewhere" stuff happens. I think they'll break up at some point, but if it's just to inevitably bring them back together by the end of the show, meh, what's the point?

The "Dindsay" pairing is what it is--a relationship between two characters created to prop up the weaker one. It is what it is. As long as Danny gets development outside of it in season four, I don't think it will ruin the show, at least not for me. If we get the old Danny back--the "animal" as Carmine calls him :D --I can live with him making googly eyes at the Plain Jane now and then to satisfy a certain demographic that, like it or not, does exist.

14. Top41

Figured I'd bump this thread since there's good Danny character discussion to be had from the first few episodes.

One thing that really stood out was how Danny handled it in "The Deep" when Mac went postal on the terrorist suspect...or rather how Danny didn't handle it. He just kind of paced and wrung his hands until Flack came in and got Mac out of there. Why do you guys think Danny didn't interfere or try to stop Mac?

I don't think Danny knows how to stand up to people he admires or cares about, but it was interesting that Danny's reaction was not only to not stand up to Mac but to shut the door and try to cover for him. It wasn't that he was okay with what Mac was doing--his expression made it clear that he wasn't--but he covered for Mac, without being asked, anyway. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I thought it was such an interesting reaction.

15. Khanada

Khanada CSI Level Two

It does sort of make me wonder. It almost seems like, after trying to step in for Louie and getting shoved to the ground for it, that he's had some experience dealing with things that weren't legal. Makes me wonder if he's ever covered for something anyone else in his family may have done. Obviously wouldn't be something that could come back to bite him in the arse - TPTB have already crossed that bridge with him - but something as simple as closing the blinds, the door or drawing a shade comes to mind.

He's not about to get between Mac and a suspect, expecially after what Mac's doing, he knows that Mac could snap him like a twig if he got in the way. Not that Mac would, but the knowledge of it is still in the back of Danny's mind. I can just imagine Danny's thought process "this is police brutality, now how do I cover for Mac so I don't gotta testify again?"