Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

Yep, I think that Carmine has mentioned in interviews that, after he had his injury in college that precluded a baseball career, Larry Romano was the one who helped him out a little at the beginning. Or maybe that was on his website someplace.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
^ Duh. No one wants to be appreciated for their looks over their talent. :lol: He's far too intelligent to be truly flattered by the superficial crap. I think he really cares about his work and that people appreciate that.

I agree with you 100%, MrsG! Looks can fade, and money can be spent. People who were into the superficial will be long-gone then.

However, if a person acts properly in life, is proud of his or her actions and creates a stellar career and friendship and family to fall back on, it really won't matter if the hair turns gray or the stomach protrudes a little. A person will always be sexy and charming and amazing to his or her loved ones.

Philosophical discussion over. :rolleyes: :lol:

^ Nicely stated, PrettyEyes. In the end, the love of ones family, friends and self are all that really matter. All else fades. Carmine comes across in his interviews as being fairly well-grounded.

I agree about Carmine and how he is about his work. He appears to always put 110% in every one of his performances, and it shows each and every week. I just hope that he remains grounded in who he is and what he is trying to accomplish.

Of course, Virgos are notorious perfectionists :rolleyes: we can't help it, it is kind of like a disease. :lol: Similar to Obssesive Compulsive planning and organizing.... ;) Which isn't entirely a bad thing, I like to plan ahead, the perfectionist in me :rolleyes:

ThumpyG said:
I agree about Carmine and how he is about his work. He appears to always put 110% in every one of his performances, and it shows each and every week. I just hope that he remains grounded in who he is and what he is trying to accomplish.
I hope so too. It would be a crying shame if he let it all to his head and buys into the Hollywood bullshit. It has be a hard job keeping your head on straight given all the adoration. I pray to God we never see him ditching his fans because he's too 'big' for us now.

BTW, when I was mulling my letter to CBS over in my head for days, I kept having the phrase 'gives 110% to his job' in my head and then you went and used it. Snap. Couldn't use it :( :lol:

Of course, Virgos are notorious perfectionists :rolleyes: we can't help it, it is kind of like a disease. :lol: Similar to Obssesive Compulsive planning and organizing.... ;) Which isn't entirely a bad thing, I like to plan ahead, the perfectionist in me :rolleyes:
Heh, I'm hearing ya! :lol: I'm a Cancer, (cancer in the 10th house) my moon is in Virgo and Scorpio ascendent. Add to that two perfectionist parents and I haven't a hope in hell of being anything but. :rolleyes: Are you a lists person?

crankyjules said:[/b
BTW, when I was mulling my letter to CBS over in my head for days, I kept having the phrase 'gives 110% to his job' in my head and then you went and used it. Snap. Couldn't use it :( :lol:

:lol: You could have used it! That was just something that kept coming up when I was writing the letter and when I thought of all of his performances.

:lol: I'm a Cancer, (cancer in the 10th house) my moon is in Virgo and Scorpio ascendent. Add to that two perfectionist parents and I haven't a hope in hell of being anything but. :rolleyes: Are you a lists person?

OK, I will admit to being a lists person. There I said it, I am obsessed with lists, I make a damn list for everything, from paying my bills to getting groceries, to packing for a trip :eek: Serious disease. :lol:

^ :D :D I make lists for doing the stupid housework, if you can believe that. They should have a 12 step program for perfectionists.

crankyjules said:
It would be a crying shame if he let it all to his head and buys into the Hollywood bullshit. It has be a hard job keeping your head on straight given all the adoration. I pray to God we never see him ditching his fans because he's too 'big' for us now.
That's something I hope we never see. I realize the novelty of fan adoration wears thin, but I genuinely hope he never feels he's 'too big' for us. I'll always be a fan of the man's work, but I'm not at all a fan of people who buy into Hollywood and that's likely where my support would begin to waiver.

For example: Ben Affleck winning an Acamedy Award with his best buddy and giving a giddy, amateurish acceptance speech. Loved it! I was rooting for him and made sure I saw all his movies opening weekend for the next couple years. Fast forward to Affleck wearing Dolce & Gabana and driving a Bentley. Who the f**k is that guy? No longer rooting for him. I'm a fan of the average guy who makes it in Hollywood. I'm not a fan of the average guy who becomes Hollywood.

^Oh well said oh-other-side-of-my-siamise-twin-brain-woman! Tah dah!

When something like that happens, when the humility disappears and they forget where it was they came from (not geographically speaking of course) then, I'm sorry, but meh ... I lose interest really fast. I might still respect their work ... depends on the degree of Hollywood-arseh*leness I guess. :)

For me it's like that line from Fallen Arches where Frankie is having a meal in a bar with Jenny, and Jenny says ..."I don't know, from a few steps back, you look pretty good. But up close, you notice this little chip and it really spoils the whole package".

Yeah I can quote the movie :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What :eek: bottom of the page and nothing to say for 4 days :confused: :eek: :lol:

hasn't Carmine done anything else this week for us to talk about :lol: :lol: :lol:

^ :lol: Alright, he did a really nice job on CSI:NY this week. I love how adorably confused Danny looked when he was driving around trying to check alibis and none of the locations he was visiting were what they were supposed to be. That felt very real.

Still haven't seen it :( I tell ya, living in this stinking humid culturally decrepit part of nowhere you have to learn to become a paragon of patience. You have no choice :(

I've heard nothing about doggies in this episode (I love Danny and doggies together), only cows :mad:. Speaking of which, I am NEVER going in the spoiler thread again. Not that it will make much difference in the long run. I'm afraid I'm going to have to have someone physically restrain me from throwing things at my tv and breaking it for the rest of this season, from what I hear. :eek:

^ :lol: Tell me about it. On that topic, Carmine seems to be facing his biggest acting challenge in CSI: NY yet: faking chemistry between Danny and Lindsay. Because if they really are going to go with this storyline, he's got to actually step it up and sell it. (Even the best jobs suck sometimes. :lol: ) So what can he do to improve his acting in those scenes (the only time when he's anything short of excellent) and sell the Danny/Lindsay pairing? Cause if we've got to sit through it, he'd better convince us. :p

Though I do feel bad for him--the focus on Danny/Lindsay is probably going to cost Danny non-romantic plotline development, and that sucks. :( You can tell a lot of what fires him up is the great personal storylines (Tanglewood, conflict with Mac, Louie, friendship with Flack, etc.) he's gotten for Danny.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
^ :lol: Alright, he did a really nice job on CSI:NY this week. I love how adorably confused Danny looked when he was driving around trying to check alibis and none of the locations he was visiting were what they were supposed to be. That felt very real.

I loved that, too! He looked adorably perplexed! It made me smile. :D

MrsGiovinazzo said:

What episode was that?

Look at it in this way: if he successfully fakes any kind of chemistry between the two characters, then we *must* step up our efforts to get the man an emmy. Anyone who can make good on sub-par writing and a co-star who has er, trouble, emoting then he needs, no deserves some kind of award.

Back