Careers...or what do you want to do with your working life?

I work at a Dog groomers. its okay, but im going to be a graphic artist. Classes starting in Aug. Yeah my life is pretty boring lol.

Posted by HollywoodVegasHottie:
Um...I worked at McDonald's!!!

:lol: Me too. It was my first job when I was 16 and I worked there almost 6 years. Sucky job but I can't really knock it too much cause it helped pay for the majority of my college tuition. I'm glad I don't work there anymore, though. As I mentioned before I now work at Bath and Body Works.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a veterinarian. Then in middle school I discovered that I could sing and in high school I discovered I liked acting. From that point on I wanted to go into musical theatre. However, in college, somewhat against my will (stupid counselor) I moved away from that track and am now working on an English Lit degree. I'd like to be a writer or go into publishing or something like that. Anything but teaching. Sometimes I think teaching might be cool but then I realize I'd have to, you know, interact with kids and stuff. :lol:

Ever since I was about--seven, I've wanted to be an attorney, and a lot of people have told me because of how anal I am, I could still be one. :rolleyes: If I had the money, of course I'd go, but when I was about--fifteen, I decided that Centre Street wasn't for me. While I still am greatly interested by the legal profession, I'd rather go with something a bit more--interesting, that being--a police officer (which is sad because I play A LOT of GTA).

This ultimately clashes with the overprotective parents, who believe that I will be shot. Little do they realize that around here, police officers don't get shot (I left out the part that they are shot at). It just doesn't happen, the possibilty is there, but--hey, who cares? It's my life and this is what I want to doooo!

Currently, I'm enrolled in Law and Security Administration, which is (around here) the first step towards Police Foundations. I take two years of LSA, and one or two of PF. Then, you apply to a force. Unfortunately the average age of being hired is about 25, which still leaves a bit of time. If I'm accepted, I go up to the OPC for about 3-4 months...for free, if I'm accepted to a force. And, if I'm accepted as well, I can still take university courses...on behalf of the force as continuing education! Yay!

All I've got to do is keep my physical condition up (or get it up) to shape. Weeee!

Re: Careers...or what do you want to do with your working li

Ok, I'm bumping this as over the weekend, I'm going to be researching for articles on what it's like to do different sorts of professional careers, like doctors, teachers, actors, etc. plus anything else anyone would like information on :)

So please post here if you have a specific career in mind and would like to know more about it, or just explain your thoughts in general on what you might like to do when you're older :)

I've got three job interviews next week :eek: Now.. honestly I'm only interested in one of them *crosses fingers* it's a teaching job (TESL) for 0,8fte.. almost a fulltime job.. so please, please, please Gawdess, let this school pick me!!! :D

I had four interviews before I got my teaching job, they were really scarey, but I now have my first teaching job at the school I was really keen on and am really looking forward to starting!
All the best with the interviews Jayne :)

Aww thanks Footy! Yeah I've had them before too, I did horrible on all previous interviews, but something in me must have triggered them.. :rolleyes: yeah I wouldn't know what really :lol:

Enjoy teaching next school year!!

ETA: gawd, I'm an English teacher and I can't even write English properly myself

I'm writing an e-book like forever :lol: No, actually I'm done with the writing. It's a children's book with illustration. I have 2 more drawings to do and then I can compile the e-book. Once that is done, I need to design a website and do all those tedious things of looking for a good web hosting company and integrate online payment system...duh I'm so lazy but then this is what I wanna do now. I intend to sell the book and then I'll write and draw more and make lots of stories based on a character.

My career choices were always switching around when I was younger. Ballerina, teacher, actress, back to teacher, vet, singer, actress, social worker, teacher, actress.

I'm currently a cheerleading coach, and I LOVE it! I love choreographing the routines and interacting with the girls. (Especially with my little ones... They're too cute!)

I'm planning on opening up my own cheerleading gym when I'm older so that I can coach and choreograph. I'm hoping that I'll be able to judge competitions, too.

I'd also like to stay involved in theatre, too. Maybe work with a professional theatre company, maybe act in an off-Broadway show... Broadway would be amazing, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

CSIri said: I just hate it when they scream, and they are so ugly.. I'm not sure if I want a child for myself... ever!

:)Phew, so I'm not alone! I just cant handle kids. Its fine for a few hours but after that Im ready for them to go back to their parents. And they are waaaaaay too much work for my liking. And parenting is a constant thing that you cant just quit...that scares me

Personally, I would love to work in an office... :p I find them intruiging.

Doctor, definately a doctor.
Although my stupid school keeps telling me that I won't ever get there because my computor predicted target grades are low. However I would like to point out that my target grades are based on national averages- as the computor system has none of my data because I was previously educated in another country. Therefore my target grades are no reflection of my academic ability.
I am going to be a Doctor.

Well let see, I work in a warehouse, not really my career choice. But I needed a job at the time. In high school I wanted to be a nurse, started to go to school for it, but a family crisis happen and I had to drop out of school. {that was about 15 yrs ago} I would like to go back, just hasn't happen yet.

I haven't graduated college yet (I shifted courses so it's taking me a while). I used to want to be a neuro-surgeon, but my lungs couldn't take all that exposure to formaldehyde. Now I'd probably be a graphic artist or a musician, whichever comes first. :D

Back