Calleigh & Ryan #6: Setting Laptops On Fire - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by _Calleigh_, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Caderyn! OMG you're alive! It's someone from the old gang! *huggles* I missed you so much! Still like Dutch cheese? :) To answer your question, I posted this not too long ago:

I agree on your thoughts too, btw. And I'm so glad you're back. You're back to stay, right? :D

Dani, your thoughts are always welcome here. ;)

2. carla

carla Dead on Arrival

i'd like to plug a couple of things before i say anything else...

-a couple of days ago i posted chapter 4 of my fanfic "in too deep" on ff.net. just thought i'd mention it in case anyone wanted to read it. and if you do, please please PLEASE review? i'm feeling rather insecure about this particular chapter :(

-you guys, everyone here should go and join the TFL.org approved ryan/calleigh fanlisting. it's terribly sad that there's only 5 members as of now, when i know there are so many of us out there. you don't need to have a website or anything, just an email account, and it's all in good fun, just to show some support to the couple. go join now!

oh, and welcome back caderyn! *waves*

arrgghh, i missed the episode last night! *kicks RL for interfering with her CSIM time* but i really didn't want to altogether miss this one so i just finished watching it on innertube. not quite the same as watching on TV, but hey, whatever works.

now, regarding "just murdered"... i don't have to put this in spoiler tags anymore, do i? i'm pretty sure the episode aired in the whole of the united states... :confused:

well, as many of you have said (and as we all expected, i'm sure), the kiss wasn't quite the big deal the preview made it out to be. i actually thought it was quite sweet :) like i'd said, eric needs a break. he's been (and is still going) through a lot. yes, you could see that as calleigh walked out he sort of went "hmmm, that's new!" but i really think, it coming from calleigh, it's not worse than other E/C scenes we've seen before. i'm not terribly worried, disappointed, nor in a rage-- at least not at the moment. who knows what's coming next? i'll just take it as it comes.

what i found hilarious was how natalia walked in as soon as calleigh left. i almost fell off my chair! i was laughing so hard. if that's not a sign of things to come, i don't know what is. hi-la-rious.

bad thing about this chapter was that there was no R/C interaction at all. they were never in the same place at the same time, and the only interaction they had was one measly phone call :( on the positive side, they were both looking gorgeous, which i always love :p ryan's back to orange, yay! :D and we got a bit of calleigh's backstory. hmmm, i wonder if they're ever going to do anything with ryan's family. i mean, uncle ron and his niece were used, but his family life could be a heck of a story if they gave it enough drama. just wondering... *shrug*

hasn't that woman who played the wife already guest-starred on CSIM? :confused: she seems awfully familiar. though i guess that's OT for this thread... shutting up now...

3. Caderyn

Caderyn Pathologist

Hey Dutchie and carla :), thanks for the welcome backs... Yes, Dutchie, I'm still in love with Dutch Edam cheese (I probably buy that more often than milk ;)), but to steer the discussion back to Calleigh/Ryan... (*bats eyes at mods*)

I can't wait to see how this'll all shape up next week. I hope Calleigh/Ryan get more scenes than this week (one phone call :(). Still... I went on a long holiday last christmas and when I came back I had almost ten episodes of Miami to catch up, so I pretty much watched them back-to-back. And know what I noticed? Calleigh & Ryan pretty much had scenes in every one of them! I also noticed how Ryan always seemed happier, playful even, when he's talking to Calleigh (most obvious example is the folder hit in "Rush")

With Alexx, he's friendly but kind of friendly in response to her treating him like a little kid (like how you'd be affectionate with your mom). With Natalia, well, while he doesn't hate her guts anymore (unfortunately), I'd still describe his behavior towards her as civil professional. Barely any smiles or jokes (and hopefully stays that way).

So yeah, I'm so hoping PTB is setting up for both Eric and Ryan having the hots for Calleigh (come on, with how gorgeous she is, she's beyond due!). I can definitely see that now... :D.

Btw, Dutchie, when is that spoiler that you posted set to air? Next episode or still later?

Later, guys :). I'd love to hang out here all the time, but I tend to spend more time on livejournal (link in signature, feel free to add me if you'd like).

4. CookiMonstasBabe

CookiMonstasBabe Rookie

Heloo, my CaRWash peep! welcome back! Its true, they always have matching outfits. I think its really cute! Caderyn, i think youre onto something with youre spoiler. I hope youre right! Ryan is the jealous type anyways, so its very possible...fingers crossed...

5. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Second page? :eek: That's not good. Sorry guys, I had test week so I've neglected this thread and the CPOTD a little. I have holidays now though so I'm back and kicking this baby back to life.

Caderyn, the spoiler is for the episode after Monday's. I agree with your ideas, Ryan and Alexx is definitely mother/son ("look at my boy, all grown up") and Ryan and Natalia, I agree it's working professionalism. And even if it wasn't, I don't think he'd ever go further than friendship again after what she did. Ryan and Calleigh just have natural chemistry. He's 5 years younger and she was his mentor, yes, but they do get along so well. They're obviously at ease with each other.

Carla, I loved your last chapter. Your fic is so realistic, the case details...and it has CaRWash :p And did you make that site? Who made it?

CaRWash Pic Of The Day:
    (From the wrapparty)

[​IMG]

Actually it's an Emily/Jonathan pic of the day, but ah well, as they play Calleigh and Ryan, I think it's safe to say I can post this as a caRWash pic. After all, their great friendship outside the show obviously results in those nice scenes. I wouldn't be surprised if Jonathan just hit her with the magazine without it being in his script. (Though it probably was). Oh and yeah I cut David Caruso off, he was one the left side of Emily. Credit to EmilyProcter.de.

6. CookiMonstasBabe

CookiMonstasBabe Rookie

Hey, Dutchie, how did youre tests go?? I hate them! I get all pressurised and in a tizzle :confused: Yep, i definitely see Alexx as Ryan's mother. Obviously not physically. I loved that line (Look at my boy, all grown up) No, i dont think Ryan would go near Natalia again either. But they are still friends, which i guess is good...
    I love the CPOTD, Very nice cutting out of David Caruso.. :)

7. carla

carla Dead on Arrival

will. not. let. thread. go. into. the. second. page. URGH! *pushes thread back up*

anyway. you know, i never read the newspaper at all, but my relatives are visiting because of graduation, and so my grandfather brought a copy of USA today with him yesterday morning. what a surprise as i glance at the cover while i'm having breakfast today and i see a picture of emily procter at the top, announcing an article re: primetime series' ratings going down. i was curious, of course, so i read it. the article itself mentioned many very popular series (one of those was CSIM) whose ratings have gone down dramatically lately, and they explained some possible reasons for this-- early daylight savings time switch, breaks, DVRs and such.

my point is (gotta get this across before you kick me off to the OT forum), when i started reading the article my very first thought was: "i can tell you why people have stopped watching CSIM... two names, start with C & R and they're not. together. yet." :p i tell you, these things did not happen when we were getting all our lovely shippy moments in seasons 3&4 :)

ok, now that i got that silly anecdote out of the way...

caderyn, i could not agree any more than i already do. i really think the whole love triangle thing, if it happens, could work completely in our favor. or at least make for some very interesting TV :D you should spend some more time around here, BTW; there's just not enough C/R-ness over at LJ.

i loooove how ryan and alexx interact, it's so cute. kinda like the way she used to act with speed, but he wouldn't really follow her up on it. ryan is just fine with her treating him like her young'un, though ;) it's really cute. about natalia, well, what can i say? i love natalia. but i think i'm alone in that :rolleyes: i think ryan will be completely fine with her, they'll probably be friends again, but won't get back together. "tried and done," i'd say. not that he'll never be able to trust her or something that extreme, just that he had the beginning of something with her, it didn't work out, and now they're comfortable enough to be just friends without wondering if there's anything else there, because they know there isn't. *shrugs* me and my twisted attempts at understanding the psyche of TV characters...

nikki- awww, i'm glad you liked the chapter! the next one might take a bit longer, though-- graduation and all, and besides, i needed my C/R fix so i started writing it from the end and i will probably get stuck soon. oops, why am i spoiling my own fic for you guys? :lol:

the website is not mine, and i don't really know who owns it, just that i joined some time ago and want everyone to join :) though i HAVE been toying with the idea of making a C/R website, just for the fun of it. it would probably just be an archive of their "moments" over the seasons and maybe some pics. i don't know, it'd have to wait until i have a little more time, anyway :rolleyes:

and speaking of pictures, that pic from the wrap party is fabulous! they sort of match, yet again :) monochrome, perfect contrast. lovely :D

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

hey carla! i have to agree w/ your thoughts on the ratings 'thing'. we can hope, right? & your not alone , i happen to absolutely loovve natalia but have been a little disappointed w/ the writers & her. back to carwash- as much as i love them together, i dont think were going to get a love triangle out of them just yet. BUT i can see a potential 'disturbed' & 'jealous' look in his eyes when & if he finds out or if anything even comes out of our worries! i guess we'll have to see the ratings after last weeks epi to really know, huh?

9. CookiMonstasBabe

CookiMonstasBabe Rookie

hmm, I dont think there will be a love triangle yet , either. I would definitely love to see some evil Ryan looks though. If there really obvious, You can tell he loves her. I had a major ship dream, with every ship i have saying i love you and then kissing. First was CaRWash, because it rules soo much! Just to let you know, im gonna be in a really good mood all day. :p :D

10. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

What?! :eek: CaRWash thread was in the second page? Well, I didn't even notice it, because I have not been online lately, internet problems...But we are bringing it back to life, right?

And you want to know something that made my morning better? CSI:Miami episode, the Jewelers(sp?) C/R scene in "Collision" :) We have talked about it here before, it's a classic one...Their looks :rolleyes: Ryan and Calleigh go to the Jewelers, the shop assistant says "Big day coming, huh?"...*lovely look at each other* "Yeah"«--just me imagining what could happen a few years later :rolleyes:

One of the things that sometimes makes me feel glad about the delay in getting episodes here in Portugal is the fact that I am enjoying those great season 4 scenes that in season 5 seem to be rarer than I would like...I kind of know this is not that logical, but I have to cheer myself up anyway, and do not feel sad for missing so much of the things in here about recent episodes *convinces herself* *do not dare to tell me my theory is kind of ridiculous*( :p kidding, and I already know it is :lol:)I would obviously prefer to have season 5 here now, of course. Because well, I could still watch season 4 in reruns and DVD's...

11. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

I can't wait till modays epp. it's gonna be so huge!!!!!! and i hope there's lots of CaRWash *squee* and check out this CaRWash Pic i made....... CaRWash

12. CookiMonstasBabe

CookiMonstasBabe Rookie

glad you have fixed youre internet problems, or no more CaRWash thread! :eek: total disaster in my world. Any way, thanks for bringind up Collision. I love that episode! I only just started watching CSI:Miami agian in the middle of series 4, and when i saw Driven the end seen, i thought, 'aww, they would be cute together' and then i saw Collision and i realised it was meant to be. So that episode brought me here and an obsessed CaRWash shipper, really. love youre pic, Need4Speed. :)

13. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

thanks I'm glad you guys like the pic, you can use it for a banner or something if you want, just make sure you credit me!!!!. and there is a good CaRWash ep on tonight here in the US. it's Recoil!! i just love that ep!!! and the part where Ryan calls out Calleigh's name because he's scared she's hurt. and doesn't she bring up his OCD with the picture frame thing or was that a different ep. i haven't seen any S4 in a while because they are showing S2 here and that means Speed. but i don't mind watching eps with Speed. it's just i need some CaRWash once in a while :D

14. inge

inge CSI Level Two

The episode with the picture frame is 'Payback' from Season 4. :)

don't like 'Recoil' very much, only the end where they - sort of - reconcile.
    They figth too much in the episode over the smallest things. It was a lame excuse to bring tension between Calleigh and Ryan. But I like also the scene where Ryan saved Calleigh. He didn't hesitate, he covered her with his own body, his own life. :D

15. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

that's the part that i said i liked. and thanks for telling me the name of the ep with the picture frame. i love the ep Rio
    Ryan: Calleigh Duquesne, large and in charge... by large, you know I mean in terms of your reputation, and responsibility, and... you look very beautiful today.
    Calleigh: Well, that's a... that's a nice save.

and this quote is one of my fav CaRWash ones

Ryan:I'm glad you're ok
    Calleigh: thanks babe.

that one just made me *squee* so loud :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.