Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Leela, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Re: Calleigh/Jake #1 - "Some things never change!"

Well the article was pretty positive, for me;). I mean in one sentence they said Jake is gonna appear for more than one episode & we'll have more CaKe episodes. That's only possible thing I got from it.
    As for the triangle, seriously, I can't see how it can go on. I mean Jake was dropped off for more than 6 months, which is weird, & now they're gonna explore the famous triangle:rolleyes:. I mean they told they were gonna explore it last year & I didn't see anything. Now I can't believe them another time:scream:

As for Calleigh....didn't they understand it's pretty impssible to build up a triangle w/ her??? I mean she loves Jake to much she's drawn by him:devil:

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

It's odd that they didn't show Jake for 6 months, BUT then again it's totally not!! Look at how TPTB love to work things & build them up. Should I be "spoiling this"?? Im going to just in case...

anyway...
    It's very like tptb to spring him back into play after all this time. I think they wanted viewers to believe it was over & then resurface him as a bit of a shock. In fact, I believe I had this theory during our Jake drought - that he would show his beautiful face when tptb thought it was "perfect timing" ...
    Just like the article said "just when you thought" - EXACTLY!!!

I for one am thrilled to see Jake again, he's the only thing refreshing in 'Miami' to look forward to these days. Plus he's so damn hot I can't help but adore him to the fullest!! :drool:

Having said that last part^^^ what is it about him that makes us tingle??:devil:
    For me....besides his hair (LOOOVE IT), it's that combination of - loveable side & somewhat rough exterior :p

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

His hair, his smile, his voice, his eyes, his smirk... everything! I'm sure Calleigh would agree. :lol: He's just hot and together they're just adorable, perfect even.

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

mjszud
    That's exactly why I'm glad he's back for once :D although I'm always worried by TPTB. I never trust them & I'll never do it.
    Anyway I do believe he's gonna appear more than once. Maybe he's gonna be a detective in the MDPD

Anyway I totally agree w/ you that he's the only refreshing character left in the show;)
    Plus GNRF you couldn't explain Jake's sexyness in a better way:p

5. Kiane

Kiane Lab Technician

I could've sworn I saw Jake in the promo kissing Calleigh, did yall see?
    I was tingling all over, when I saw the promo.
    I can't wait to see him back, bringing the sparkle and laugh in Calleigh he does naturally, and the way he is smitten by her as she's the best to happen to him. They complete each other.

I'm thinking of creating a LJ community for Cake.
    I tell you when I have it up.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

And you saw it right my dear:thumbsup:. It was our Jake kissing Calleigh (possibely) on the mouth:devil:)
    It's time for Jake to bring back Calleigh's smile:p

Oh that would be a good idea:thumbsup:

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

So they aired the first episode & it was very good, not so much for our couple but I don't give up my hopes just for one reason: both of them showed they have deep feeling for each other but they're scared like hell, especially Calleigh.
    IMO, this was one of the most intese scenes ever
    Goodbye?
    I think this pic talks for itself :adore:

8. Lambchop

Lambchop Rookie

I agree. I'll have a hard time watch without him.

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I was estatic over thier scenes. 1- they painted Jake as a good guy. He was looking a little rough, like the job was getting to him but for the most part he did the right thing & he did it for Calleigh. :adore:
    I thought it put quite a bit of emphasis on how they feel for each other.

The actual "break up". Well, I don't call that a bad break up at all. To me, it was left hanging because I think it was very obvious that they BOTH deeply love each other. Who says Jake won't change his mind & leave UC, or if Calleigh has waited this long who says she still won't be sitting there hoping he'll come back.

I loved Calleigh saying she was terrified that something would happen to him & she would never know. It was almost sad, cause you could really see she loves him. Apparently also she's been trying to reach him all this time that he's been MIA - "is that why you couldn't pick up the phone" ;)

I thought maybe tptb would make it a bad break up with Calleigh upset with him, & it was the complete opposite. I just don't think it takes a brainiac to see how strongly she feels about him...her being able to wait or not....break up or not...she clearly has feelings for him & he does for her as well. To me, that was the emphasis put into that scene & not the actual break up itself. ;)

I fully agree...Calleigh's true feelings came out in that entire scene.

Now for the bad part. Yes my wonderful predictions. You'll hate me for this.
    But now this is the 2nd time "death" is mentioned with Jake. Call it just a hunch, or call it typical 'Miami' ways to push a story into the continuity hole, but I think Jake will be killed by one of the Crypt Kings.
    Based on what we saw last night, I think it's clear that if anything happens to him, Cal will be heartbroken & feel awfully guilty since the reason he did it was for her.
    That was all that kept running through my head after watching that scene & the kiss goodbye, was that this might be the last time she sees him alive :( *runs from Florry's bullets*

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well he looked hotter than ever :drool:.
    Anyway, yep it was finally time to show him as good guy the whole time.
    The first scene wasn't that much except for Calleigh's "is that why you couldn't pick up the phone'";).
    The second scene just showed that he loves her so much that he would do everything also risking his carreer/life.
    He did it, he was still UC in the Crypt King, but, still, he went to the firarms lab just to give the weapons to Calleigh, just for her.
    "I didn't do for the case, I did it for you" :adore: This sentence explains it all.
    On the other side, Calleigh showed her feelings...she clearly told him that she wants to wait him but she's scared like, IMO, every woman w/ a man UC would be. It was understandable, you can see she wants to stay w/ him, she loves him.
    The only problem, now, is that she's scared.

I, still, have hopes 'cause that kiss & caress spoke for themselves.
    Also the way she closed her eyes during that moment showed she loves him deeply almost as if she regretting telling him she's scared.
    I don't know if he will decide to give up UC, I can't picture him like this, but I do trust he'll be more careful while UC just to be there for Calleigh.
    I also think they're gonna place him as a normal detective, like in the other seasons...maybe it will happen towards the second half of the season.

This part was very sad, but, IMO was the best way to show her love for him.
    She never showed her feelings for a person like this. It was her first tim to show them. I think this is character's development. I was waiting for this moment for ages.
    They also filled just a little bit of explanation for his absurd absence, Although I still can't understand the kidnapping stuff.

Trust me this was the best way to show their feelings & I'm pretty sure that lots of people understood it.
    I don't know if it will be a break up, but I do hope & I do think it was just to let people wondering.
    Obviously, Calleigh will be thinking about it for a long time. I can't picture her forgetting it that easily.
    From the way she closed her eyes when he kissed her & caressed her I'm thinking she'll be waiting for a littl bit longer:p

**starts shooting mjszud**:scream::scream::scream:
    Why?? Why do you always have to hurt me like this? :p
    I know what you mean & I slightly agreee, but I think that this part was just a way to say "hey let's see if people like him or not".
    If people liked this scene, they would make Jake survive & he'll be a normal cop even without a relationship w/ Cal.
    If people didn't like this scene (I find it impossible), they'd kill him.
    This was just a way to show the real Jake, the one they weren't able to show for more than 2 years. I think that the first Jake's episode was this one. You can see that something was missing for 2 years & that "something" was added today. I've been reading all over the forum that it was about time to show this Jake & I fully agree.
    Now, that they showed it, there are very good opportunities to play w/ his character also avoiding his death:p...if they want this triangle to deepen, although I think it's pretty impossible to see a triangle after this kind of revelations :D

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Shoot me all you like FLO, Im invincible just like Horatio Caine :lol:

No, believe me, I don't want to see him die. I'd much rather see more of the side of him like what we got last night, cause it was just so sweet coming from him. yeah, bad boy image my ass....he's a sweetheart & Im fully convinced now of what it is that makes Calleigh tingle....the way he takes her face in his hands & kisses her so gently. Gawwwd, that was so fluffy. Sorry, but it's so true :lol:

She is scared, but I don't think she's scared of him, or being with him - she's afraid something bad will happen to him & deep down she knows she couldn't live without him.

Agreed. Calleigh didn't have the look on her face of a woman who was truly letting him go. It's easy to say I can't live like this & I can't wait anymore, but does she really feel that inside? By the looks of that "goodbye" - I don't think so!:p

I say he keeps the scruff too ;):drool: MJ likey!!

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

:brickwall:

I won't say you're wrong 'cause that's true.
    Seriously that's the real Jake :adore:

My bad, I meant she's scared of the possibility of loosing him...I didn't post it that clear:p.
    Anyway, this is the best fright a human being can have. Seriously, I've never thought I could this side of Cal.

Agreed. Calleigh didn't have the look on her face of a woman who was truly letting him go. It's easy to say I can't live like this & I can't wait anymore, but does she really feel that inside? By the looks of that "goodbye" - I don't think so!:p[/quote]
    Yep she'll be waiting for him w/ a crochet needle:guffaw:

He's even hotter than ever:drool:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: In that pic she looks like she's thinking, "Ah, his touch feels so good!" :lol:

I was so afraid that they would kill him off in this episode. So glad they didn't. I don't really think they will (at least I hope not). But, I think he might go the way of Ray Sr and fake his death. It's that scene in his first ep where Horatio tells him about Ray and Jake says "that's not going to happen to me" that makes me think he may pull a Ray. Though he wouldn't want to do that to Calleigh, so unlike Ray, I think Jake will find some small way to let Calleigh know he's not really dead, but she'll have to keep it quiet.

Hopefully they'll catch all that gang and put them behind bars so it'll be safe for Jake to have a normal life with his Calleigh.

Does anyone have a cap of the kiss? Someone on another thread said they thought it was on the cheek not lips. I thought if was more on the corner of the mouth than the cheek. I wanted to see the pic to know for sure. But, I think the kiss in the promo was different than the one we saw on the show.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I couldn't tell if the kiss was on the lips or partially the lip/cheek....haha what's the difference..it was beautiful all the same :luvlove:

I think if Jake had to fake his death just like H...just like Ray...that would be a bit much. I would hope tptb wouldn't choose that route again, especially after H doing it. But I do believe he will end up in a lot of danger, the man just put a huge target over his head for taking the guns from the gang's safehouse.

I'd actually love to see Cal freak out if something goes bad with Jake & the C.K gang. I don't think we've seen the last of them.
    Maybe we'll see a revengeful Calleigh go off & blow away all the members of the gang for hurting him.....*cringes* I just know they're going to hurt him.

15. Lambchop

Lambchop Rookie

It was on the lips. He was suppose to kiss her on the cheek, but he kissed her on the lips instead. After the shot, Johnny asked her is it was OK. Guess what Emily said....

:drool: :drool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.