BASEBALL

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Charisma, Jul 24, 2005.

?

Which TV network will you spend the most time watching this fall?

1. The CW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NBC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ABC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. CBS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (Cable network, don't watch traditional tv, ect.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Ugh! I can't believe that the Yankees lost. I know that they will pull through.

2. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Anybody but the Cubs, please god.

I have a gut feeling that Cleveland is gonna win it all this year, not sure why.

3. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

Rockies 10, Phillies 5... :)
    I know a few people who have tickets for Sunday's game, but with any luck, that game won't be necessary.

I really don't have any reason to like or hate the Yankees (or Indians, for that matter), but I'm glad that Cleveland won. Which game was that today? The second? Who won the won yesterday, by the way...?
    Just curious. I haven't been keeping up with the AL.

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Yesterday (Thursaday) was Game 1, Today (Friday) is Game 2. "MLB.com" left side scoreboards or "Insides MLB Site". If this will help you can check it quick and be done.

5. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

the Indians did it....11th inning win....up 2 games

6. Destiny

WooHoo all they need is one more win!
    Game 1: Indians 12 ... Yankees 3
    Game 2: Indians 2 ... Yankees 1 (11th)

Game 3: Sunday in NY
    Game 4: Monday in NY (If Needed)
    Game 5: Wednesday back at Jacobs field (if needed)

Carmona is an excellent pitcher 9 full innings, classic Carmona, I love his thoughts going into the game, "I know it's a big game, but that doesn't bother me," said Carmona, through translator and Cleveland first-base coach Luis Rivera. "It's the same baseball. I pitched against those guys before, and I'm not going to approach it like any different date."
    and the best part
    "They've got a great lineup, but when I get on the mound, I don't look at names. I just go after the hitters. It will be no different than their best hitter to the ninth hitter. Everybody is going to be the same."

Top it off this kid is only 23 yrs old. This was sweet.

7. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Go Indians!!!!!!!! I missed the game today but sure was glad to see they took it in extra innings. How many more they have to take to win this round? One?

8. Destiny

Yep all the Indians need is One more game, but they are headed to NY for the next game, which they could get it, but their luck in NY hasn't been the best in the past.
    Thing is the team has said what happened in the past went out the window when the playoff's started and its all from scratch.

BUT should the Yankees take two in NY, then they all come back to Cleveland for a tie breaker. Thing is everyone is saying that this happening is like slim to none, but me personally I never count anything out, its better that way lol.

9. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Tell me about it. I got sooooooooo heartbroken when the Braves beat them in the WS. Boy did I never live that one down & now the Braves haven't done nothing in quite some time. LOL Hmm what goes around comes around I guess. lol They didn't even win their division this yr. But, anyway, I hope the Indians go all the way. Yanks have won enough as far as I'm concerned. LOL I just hope they don't end up going against the Cubs. That's my sons team. LOL Fingers crossed they take it in NY to get it over with. LOL

10. DJRideout

I have confidence that the Indians will take it in New York, but as any baseball fan knows, New York is one of the hardest places to play when yer the visiting team. Determination is going to be the key factor, who wants it more!

I also agree that the Yankees have won enough as well. :)

11. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

Ahhhh! The Colorado Rockies are NLDS champs! What a great game (even with the lights at Coors field going out...stupid wind)!
    So basically Manny Corpas is my hero at the moment...
    Well, the Rockies have played the D-Backs lots of times in the past, so they know what to expect, and it should be a good series. The Rox are one of 5 teams never to have played in the World Series, and I think my life would be complete if they did it this year. But of course, I don't want to jinx it. We'll see what happens...
    :)
    I just painted my car windows for Homecoming, but if things go well I'll be decking out my windows in purple and white...

Oh, and congratluations Indians fans! I haven't been watching them play NY, but I think they'll take it. Like I said, I have no reason to hate the Yankees, but it's safe to say that I've pretty much joined the legion of people who think they've won enough.

Ok, I'm done rambling now... :rolleyes:

12. Destiny

Thank you. But you know what I don't think its fair that the Yankee's owner recently put pressure on Joe Torre. While I might not want them to win, and I don't care for the attitude of some of the players. Blackmail can only backfire. For those who don't know what I am talking about..

Steinbrenner says Torre's job on the line against Indians
    A Tribe win could signal Last Call for Yankees Torre and Clemens
    Joe Torre knows it's an all-or-nothing deal

I don't know how much of this is true, but geez lol.

13. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I think any manager who signs on with Steinbrenner doesn't have a save job. I think this will jsut give the Cleveland players more incentive to do their job better. Go Tribe :)

Congrats to Colorado and Arizona for winning their series. It looks like it will be an interesting NLCS. I think Colorado appears to have more desire to win and I wouldn't mind seeing them in the World Series. There first base coach is an ex Blue Jay. I gotta support the teams that have ex Jays on them :)

14. DJRideout

I enjoy watching players such as Derrick Jeter and Johnny Damon play, from the Yankee's, but I am not a fan of how the organization seems to think they can go out and buy a championship, by plucking all the good players from different teams, and combine them into an all-star type team. Maybe it's just me that views it that way, I dunno, but its just an opinion I thought I'd share. I'm not saying that they can't and shouldn't do it, because they got the money, I just think that, THAT is unfair to other teams who are trying to build and become contenders in the different pendant races.

Either way, being a Canuck myself, I will always support our Blue Jays, through thick and thin, but GO CLEVELAND!! :)

15. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I lost respect for Johnny Damon when he signed with the Yankees. I so throughly enjoyed watching the Red Sox in 2004 when they won The World Series. The players jsut seemed to have an attitude that they were going to go out and play and it didn't matter if they had long hair and beards or not. Damon seemed like he was letting the little guy down when he signed with the Yankees. It felt like he was selling apart of himself for something better and I don't think that's right. I know a lot of players do that and it's called Free Agency but I don't think it's right. Free Agency really isn't free when you consider the ticket prices have to go up to pay the players. Sorry about the rant but I've never forgiven the players after the strike of 1994. I've been given tickets to a few Blue Jays but I've not bought a ticket since 1994.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.