BASEBALL

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Charisma, Jul 24, 2005.

?

Which TV network will you spend the most time watching this fall?

1. The CW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NBC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ABC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. CBS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (Cable network, don't watch traditional tv, ect.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

:lol: whether or not he sticks with that is dependent on whether or not he can stop mouthing off at the umpires, he already has a three day suspension from either the first or second game of this last four game series. Course his Manager was thrown out later, as was another player for other reasons but lol Gary seems to open mouth and insert foot, too bad he can't keep it there.

Normally I wouldn't be so unpleasant about this but to be honest I googled him and interviews and its like this is his thing he is stuck on, its his opinion, fine but in the midst of that opinion you are putting down alot of people which may include those in which you play with, lol not good.

At least with the indians (err I don't pay attention to the other teams much lol) they seem to have the diversity of black, white and Latino players, and it seems to me the only ones controlling them are themselves.

2. Destiny

Geez now there is a conspiracy with Sheffield

Sheffield and Bard suspended for 3 games each <SNIP>
    Sheffield suggested to the Detroit Free Press that he would expose a "conspiracy" within the game if he is not cleared of wrongdoing."

Then you realize you took the comments to far and you get a not so good rise out of people what do you do? if you are Sheffield you turn it around and say I didn't mean to sound mean.

Sheffield not trying to be 'derogatory' about Latin players <SNIP>
    Detroit Tigers star Gary Sheffield insists he meant "nothing derogatory" toward Latin players when he said Major League Baseball found it easier to "control them" than blacks. -- Sheffield said he was surprised his comments in the current issue of GQ magazine created such a stir.

*Sigh* righhht, okay then. Top it off a couple on his team agree with him.

Sheffield criticizes baseball for not recruiting more black players <Two Snips>
    However, teammate Carlos Guillen said he was happy Sheffield said what he said.

"I'm happy he said it," Guillen told The Detroit Free Press on Tuesday. "I'm glad somebody spoke up."

AND

Tigers catcher Ivan Rodriguez, who is from Puerto Rico, told reporters to "just leave the poor guy alone" when asked for a reaction to Sheffield's comments.

Rodriguez then approached Sheffield, and the two shared a couple of laughs. Sheffield referred to "Pudge" as his friend.

I will let you all read that and come to you're own conclusions. ;)

3. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

The Dodgers are pathetic in Interleague play. Next up, the D'Backs and Padres, two teams they are constantly battling for the top spot in the NL West.

Nice sweep of the White Sox by the Cubs. Way to go guys.

4. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Woah, I finally listened to "A Dying Cub Fan's Last Request" and my first thought was "does this guy even like the Cubs?" :lol: It's just a strange comparison to have that next to "Go Cubs Go" because that is so full of hope and belief, and then "a dying cub fans last request" is essentially (for lack of a better description) about how...not well they have played in the last century. Don't get me wrong, I love the Cubs, but I had to giggle when I heard that song, especially at the line -
    "He told his friends, 'you know the law of averages says that 'anything will happen that can',
    But the last the Cubs won a National League pennant was the year we dropped the bomb on Japan'"

And I'm so glad that the Dodgers kept beating the D-Backs. I finally got to shut my friend up at school, as he would walk into the classroom, see my face and just say "Don't tell me" and I of course would tell him and proceed to make fun of him for the rest of the session. Of course, if the D-Backs actually start winning then I'll have nothing to say back...

5. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

The Cubbies are kicking butt lately. I just hope they can keep it up the second half of the season. Now, I have hope of a post season.

6. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

My favorite line from that song is
    "When you raise up a young boy's hopes,
    And then just crush them,
    Like so many paper beer cups, year after year after year.....,
    After year after year after year after year after year after year...,
    Until those hopes become so much popcorn for the pigeons underneath the El tracks to eat."

7. Destiny

I just want to say Congradulations to the Cleveland Indians who today September 23rd won the "American League Central Division Championship". *Sort of put it in my Sig but wanted to officially say it. :D

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'll also add my congrats to the Cleveland Indians :) Now if only the Red Sox can hang on and take the American League East life will be good. I really have no favourites for winning the World Series as long as it's not the Yankees!

9. Destiny

Amen on the WS again on the Yankee's :lol: I think like I have in my sig ""How Much Success You Have Is Decided By How Much You Believe". (Hmm Okay that last part is cut off but you get the point. Its all good if they work hard for it, want it and in the end win or lose the games, they win because their hearts were in it.

10. Destiny

Okay the playoff's have started, Good luck to all who support their teams.

11. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

I just have to say that I am stoked that the Colorado Rockies made the playoffs and are the NL wildcard team. :) They beat the Phillies in game 1 today, so hopefully that'll continue...
    It's the second time that they've played postseason in franchise history, so I'm excited.
    Anyone else out there feel the same way?

12. Jacquie

I'm always glad when a team that hasn't been in for awhile gets in. That being said I would like to see the Cubs win The World Series since they haven't won since 1908. Other than cheering for the Blue Jays if they were in the playoffs I really don't care who wins as long as it's not the Yankees. Sorry Yankee fans.

13. Destiny

You know I have been accused of being to logical, and here we go again. I understand the divisional titles, I understand the playoff's. Here is the question take it as rhetorical or not.

How in the heck is it the "WORLD" series. See I get that when the playoff's are done the one standing in the American Central and National then duke it out to get there. BUT how is it a "World" series. I mean if you think about it, its all U.S.A teams, granted they have players from other countries on the teams, but all the teams in the playoff's are US teams, the two left standing are US teams, therefore how is that considered "World" when its simply the US and no other country in the "World"?

Okay and don't go with but the bluejays are in there during the seasons... cause you all know what I am saying. Just makes me say Hmmm. :lol: Now we know why I get accused of that. :p

14. Jacquie

Thank you Wikipedia :) I come with the explanation as to why The World Series is called The World Series. It will probably be easier if I post the link to the article

The World Series

Go to the part that explains International impact and explanation of the Term World Series. It does make a bit of sense to me :)

15. Destiny

:lol: I knew someone would post that, I think in the long run I was just saying that if you think about it its wierd.

Okay Game 1 AL: Indians 12 .. Yankees 3 *claps wildly*

Game 2 Friday at 5:07pm est.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.