BASEBALL

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Charisma, Jul 24, 2005.

?

Which TV network will you spend the most time watching this fall?

1. The CW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NBC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ABC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. CBS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (Cable network, don't watch traditional tv, ect.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

Clemens is back with the Yankees!!! Lets just hope it is not too late, though.

2. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

I think Roger coming out of retirement every year to play half a season is getting old. But, hey if he gets the big bucks go for it.

The Cubs are kicking some butt lately.

3. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

Dodgers swept by the Angels. It's times like this that I don't like Interleague play :)

4. caspur93

caspur93 Victim

I really love to play baseball, and for the past few years I haven't been able to because I didn't register soon enough, next i [hopefully] am going to join a team in my area!!

5. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Ah, nice to see the Dodgers keeping ahead of the Diamondbacks...I have a friend at school who goes for them, and if the Dodgers stay on top, then I still get the upper hand...Heh.

And I'm hoping that Greg Maddux gets traded back to either the Cubs or the Dodgers, because at the moment, when he is the starting pitcher is the only time that I hope that the Padres actually win...

6. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

After the Blue Jays/Yankees game last night, Im not too happy with Alex Rodriguez right now. Not that Im ever happy with him really, but whatever.

[Snagged this from Sympatico Sports page]

With two out and runners on first and second, Jorge Posada popped up to third baseman Howie Clark, who settled under the ball for a routine play but at the last second gave way to shortstop John McDonald and watched the ball fall for a run-scoring single. Television replays showed Rodriguez's mouth open and he seemed to say "Mine!" while running past Clark.

I watched the game last night, and he definitely yelled something. Ive been playing & watching baseball since I was a little kid and that's just a bush-league thing to do.

7. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Heh, I found the Cubs myspace yesterday...cool song too, "Go Cubs Go" :lol: the address is www.myspace.com/heyheyholycow After I listened to it for a while, I bought the song off iTunes (yeah, I know, I'm a little weird...)

Anyway, earlier tonight, I was talking to my friends about baseball, and one of my friends asked me who my favourite team was so I said the Cubs, and she gave me a Cubs shirt that she got when she went to America ages ago...she doesn't like baseball and she knows how much I like them, so she just gave it to me :D *squee*

And I am a little disappointed that even though the Padres won today in the 11th, and Maddux pitched for 6 and 2/3 innings, he wasn't given the win, so he's still 4-3...

8. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

Actually, for a Cubs song, I prefer "A Dying Cub Fan's Last Request", by the same guy, Steve Goodman. Kind of sadly ironic considering he was dying of leukemia when he wrote that song.

9. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

^ Ah, ok, well I'll have to check that song out too, though even if I do want to buy it, I can't until I get another iTunes card...

10. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

Maddux is a Padre? I had no idea. I don't like the Padres even though I'm originally from the San Diego area. I've always been a Dodgers fan.

I wish Maddux was still a Dodger or a Cub too. I saw him pitch for the Cubs two years ago when I was at Wrigley.

I hope someone breaks the D'Backs win streak soon. It's getting harder and harder for the Dodgers to stay on top.

11. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Yeah, he signed with the Padres at the start of this year. I wish he was still a Cub or a Dodger too. Though the only Cubs game I have recorded is his last game as a Cub, so it's sorta semtimenal. I don't really like the Padres either, unless he is pitching.

And I agree, I hope the D-backs stop winning, because I think they've already topped the Dogers, or they're still even...

And oh, did anyone see the fight between Barrett and Zambrano yesterday? I think theres still a video of it on mlb.com. Poor Barrett though, having to get s6 stitches, but good to see they worked it out...well, at least thats what they said in an article on mlb.com...

12. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

^Yeah, my mom told me about Barrett and Carlos. It's sad because pitcher and catcher need to get along, not deck each other in the dugout.

Lou Pinella (sp?) anyone see his little temper tantrum with the 3rd base ump? Over a play which was called correctly.

13. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

I hope the Dodgers win today...I'm getting my friend to record the game, as it is one of the few a week that is actually televised. Though I hope it doesn't go for more than 3 hours, or I won't get the end of it. Last time I had a Dodgers game recorded, I missed the entire last 2 innings because it went for about 4.5 hours...Though there is a replay on early in the morning, so I might just get that aswell.

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay personally not liking what "Sheffield" of the Tigers is saying in this interview. "Sheffield says Latin players easier to control than blacks". There are alot of players I like on the "Indians" team that are black, latino, white, etc. But I don't believe they are being controled or are controlling anyone. *Smacks him upside the head because of the comments* JMO

15. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

^
    ^
    I don't agree with him at all. And I really don't like the fact that he's trying to speak for all African-American baseball players. I think there aren't a larger number of black because there just aren't a large number of black players. I personally don't think there's a conspiracy behind it. The players who made up the higher percentage of African-American players have since retired, which would explain the decline.

Stick with what you know, Gary - baseball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.