Around the weird:news of the bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg! how can some people do things like that i just dont know

Dogs saved from 'horrific' shed

Hundreds of dogs have been found in squalid conditions in a windowless 60ft (18m) garden shed in West Sussex.
204 starving Yorkshire terriers and six dead dogs were found in small carrier boxes full of excrement after the death of their 73-year-old female owner. They were discovered on a remote lane in Hurstpierpoint, near Burgess Hill, on Saturday evening.

"Many of the dogs were puppies and some were just two weeks old and still with their mothers.

"They were all absolutely starving and thirsty but there were a lot that were just so weak they were on death's door."

Worthing and District Animal Welfare spokesman, Billy Elliot, said: "They were almost walking as if they were crouching down, as if they had never stood up."

Miss Gooch said some of the dogs were going to need a great deal of care. :( those poor dogs :(

Horrible- and gross- thank goodness they saved them :(

Officials say couple ate glass in faud scheme

Boston, MA.--A couple has been charged with filing fraudulent insurance claims that said they had eaten glass found in thier food at restaurants-hotles-and grocery stores. Ronald and Mary Evano, filed the claims in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Virginia, the District of Columbia and Maryland, said an indictment made public Friday. The husband was caught and his wife is still being sought. They used aliases, false SS cards and idenity cards, and in some cases had actually eaten glass intentionally to support their insurance claims, prosecutors said. The glass did not come from any food eaten. In 1997 Mrs. Evano went to a hospital in Boston claiming to have eaten glass at a resturant. The couple, then apparently living in Weymouth, settled with the restaurant for $22,000, according to the indictment. betwwn 1997 and 2005, the Evanos filed fradulent insurance claims worht more than $200,000 and left a trail of unpaid medical bills worth more than $100,000--WOW- i don't think I could swallow glass :mad:-- crazy again

Source- Review Journal

No green light for driver with traffic signal gadget
'That thing paid for itself'

Tuesday, April 18, 2006; Posted: 9:01 a.m. EDT (13:01 GMT)

LONGMONT, Colorado (AP) -- A man who said he bought a device that allowed him to change stop lights from red to green received a $50 ticket for suspicion of interfering with a traffic signal.

Jason Niccum of Longmont, Colorado, said the device, which he bought on eBay for $100, helped him cut his time driving to work.

"I guess in the two years I had it, that thing paid for itself," he told the Daily Times-Call on Wednesday.

Niccum was issued a citation March 29 after police said they found him using a strobe-like device to change traffic signals. Police confiscated the device.

"I'm always running late," police quoted Niccum as saying in an incident report.

The device, called an Opticon, is similar to what firefighters use to change lights when they respond to emergencies. It emits an infrared pulse that receivers on the traffic lights pick up.

Niccum was cited after city traffic engineers who noticed repeated traffic light disruptions at certain intersections spotted a white Ford pickup passing by whenever the patterns were disrupted.

City traffic engineer Joe Olson said engineers plan to update the city's Opticon system this year to block unauthorized light-changing signals.

ha ha ha i bet everryone wishes they had one of those green light gadget thingy ma bobs lol i want one but not the fine

When you are a pedestrian, the lights change in favour of the the cars.
When you are in a car, the light lets the pedestrians pass.
Its the wonky-wheeled trolley rule, also known as SOD'S LAW.
My sister swallowed a bauble when she was little, and she was fine.

I don't know if this qualifies... might be more funny than weird but anyway...

An older man (in his 70's, I believe) in Florida was recently arrested for going door to door and posing as a doctor offering free breast exams! The best part is that he actually found a couple of women who went for it! :lol:

Only in America! :D

Baba- that's creepy-wired and funny- :lol: strange women-that allowed this-- WHY-??

Win Milk-Bone contest by looking like a dog :eek:

If your face has really gone to the dogs, you and your pooch may be perfect for the cover of Milk-Bone dog biscuits :pThe company is looking for four dogs and their owners to see who has the "strongest connection" between pooch and person :lol:The prize-winning pooches can be of any major dog breed---even mutts can apply---and Milk-Bone big cheese David Contract says the way to stick out from the pack is to look just like Fido on film :mad: Some of the ways a dogone couple can accentuate their resemblance is by wearing similar outfits or finishing on another's sentences WHAT!!!The doggy deadline is June 21 www.milk-bone.com/famous and the winners will get $250, a customized cookie jar and a years supply of dog biscuits- --oh whoopee :p

BabaOReilly said:
I don't know if this qualifies... might be more funny than weird but anyway...

An older man (in his 70's, I believe) in Florida was recently arrested for going door to door and posing as a doctor offering free breast exams! The best part is that he actually found a couple of women who went for it! :lol:

Only in America! :D

Hehehehehe! :lol: *more insane giggles* Oh dear, I feel bad for finding that so funny :eek: Sorry. It's just...yeah, "only in America" :D

*goes to hide in corner*

Dirty words sound prettier in Italian

Every language has dirty words, but they sound the best in Italian, says self-trained "curse-storian" Casey Piacine, author of "How To Curse in 20 Languages" He thinks th italian words for fart "loffa" and whore "battona" are more ear pleasing!!! :lol: plus, he says knowing Italian curse words is essential to anyone planning to join the Mafia :eek: Piacine spent two years researching the worst words in ech language has to offer and says some languages, such as Italian and Gaelic, have such beautifully sounding insults that a nonspeaker might take them as compliments ;)

Source- The Buzz- Ken White Las Vegas Review Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back