Anybody watch The Amazing Race?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by darx2mint4, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I know, does anyone know why they moved it to Wednesday's??

2. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Mel23, you have it at 7pm? Lucky! I have it at 8

and they moved it to wednesdays because it has always been a family show and kids don't usually stay up to 11pm..and I think the ratings are better on wednesdays at this time period...

but personally I liked it at tuesdays..so then my TV shows are evenly spaced:D
    tuesdays-TAR
    thursdays-CSI
    saturdays-Little People, Big World

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Lake and Michelle Garner got eliminated.

Are they normally that rude to each other? Wow! I wish they travelled to the nicer places like Spestses & Loutraki but I immediatly reconigzed Patra & that bridge because those were one of the places I was in last summer. They made Athens look beautiful! Those guys need to learn how to hail a cab :lol:.

4. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Oh wow. The episode went to fast. I was happy with the end though. Phil + hippies= eww. I feel bad for him. He has to stand out there in the rain and when the teams come in and they smell really bad he has to smell them, and then two hippies come up and kiss him. It takes some guts to do his job. :D

5. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

Yes *does the happy dance* I havent seen it yet but I had to read what you typed Jasmina and NOW i'm happy (They deserve it thats all I gotta say)

as for the time switch
    I would have preferred it stayed on Tuesday Just because I use to watch "Freddie" at 8:30 and now I cant because of the Amazing Race (*Shrugs* Its all good though)

6. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

I absolutely LOVE the hippies (like pretty much everyone else here, it seems :D ). They're so carefree and easygoing and have great moments like "SANTA!!"

That was stressful for a while there, when the hippies were so far behind, and then with the 15 minute delay! The frog hat was so cute though! Go hippies :D

7. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

:lol: My mom and I almost died laughing when practically everyone had the wrestle that guy. It looks like he was in a diaper. I immediatly recongized that bridge 'cause I drove on it to get to Halkida. Also, I remember that highway that they were driving on at the end(especially that gas station which those guys stopped at) 'cause there was a McDonalds right across the street :lol:. Oh, and I loved that plate breaking challenge. It's usually saved for weddings but anyway, I think I may start watching this show!

8. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

So do you think any of you would apply for The Amazing Race? And with who and why?

I would love to..but sadly I'm not 21.

Oh and I ask this question because applications for TAR 11 have to be sent in by June 2nd, and I just wanted to know who would/already applied :D

9. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I dont think I would Myself because I'm a Major wuss and I dont think I could to HALF the things they've had to do
    (Like bungee jumping for instance)
    But I have thought of My family Members applying
    In fact I told My Sister to do the "Family" one Just because Her ,Her Husband and her kids are VERY competive and I feel as if They could actually win it (they know how to be sneaky as well)

10. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

SaraSidleStokes, did they end up applying? I have heard of many families that made it to the second call, and I even heard of another family with a widow and three children almost making it..but sadly we got stuck with the weavers....:D
    I actually thought I could do it. I was ready to do it in an instant if it was availible to teens. But then I took my first international flight(10 hours) and got major motion sickness and realized there is no way in hell I could do that for 30 days :D. I would do it if it were in the USA..but that might get kind of boring *cough*family edition*cough*

11. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

If they ever let Canadians on I am so there..

12. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

No they never applied I think My sister thought the whole idea was kind of nuts and vetoed it It would have been cool to see though (and dont even get me started on the Weavers)
    the other Main reason why I couldnt apply myself (because I am definetly old enough) is I am sooooooo afraid of flying theres no way I could fly in an airplane to some far off place for long periods of time

13. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Did anyone see last night's episode? I thought it was pretty good... I loved BJ and Tyler's immitations of some of the teams :D

14. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I liked it I was a bit worried of the Outcome
    but glad that it was a none elimation round (Is that considered a spoiler? If so mods can you fix that)
    I agree about BJ and Tyler they totally crack me up

15. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Yeah they are pretty easy going and they seem to be with Fran and Berry alot which I also like. I hope these two teams are part of the final 3.