Anybody watch The Amazing Race?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by darx2mint4, Mar 11, 2006.

1. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Anybody watch amazing race? CSI and TAR are my obsessions :D
    lol
    So what do you guys think of the new season?? :)

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I do like the Amazing Race. And I think this season is much better than the previous family one. Last season it was just too crowded and it was just not pleasing. But so far this season is better. :)

3. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

I love the Amazing Race and I've watched every season of it. My favourite team this year are the hippies, there's another team I like I just can't remember their names lol.

If only they would let Canadians on the show :D

4. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Yeah I agree..this season is much better than 8. And the hippies are my favorite too! =)
    but my favorite person has to be phil :) haha I love Phil.

Has anybody read Carissa's article over at tarflies? Its adorable!!!

5. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I LOVE the Amazing Race its awesome this season is great
    I love the Hippies (one of them reminds me of my brother in laws brother) and the Nerds are cool to

6. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Ehr, what's the amazing race, actually? :D 'thud'

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'll explain although forgive me if you were kidding, Roos...for some reason even with the smiley, I couldn't tell.

If you're in the states, it airs on CBS on Tuesday nights and involves either 11 or 12 teams of two on a race around the world...winners get $1million.

I've seen the last few seasons first run and then watched the older seasons on GSN. I wasn't too fond of the Family Edition but the others are okay.

And the added bonus is, I get previews for the next night's CSI NY ep during commercials. :D

8. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Me me me! :lol:

I'm loving this season and rooting for the hippies too . :lol: :lol: Next would comes the nerds. :D

ITA with everyone the Family Edition wasn't that great.

I leave my tv to CBS on Tues. with NCIS, The Unit and Amazing Race. :D

-----------------------
    Billy: "Could there be romance in this relationship? Yes," he said of Grissom and Lady Heather. "I think he's vulnerable to her because I think he cares about her."

9. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I guess i'm the odd one out because I actually Liked the Family Edition *shrugs* I didnt like the one before that though
    I will agree that this one is the best i've seen so far however

10. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Family edition was ok but they didn't go anywhere but inside the US. I love to watch and I always get so excited when it comes time to see who can get the best flight. I also like the detours and roadblocks. Pretty much the whole show. It doesn't seen to get tiring like Survivor. Seems to me that it is always different whereas Survivor gets kinda old and predictiable.

11. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I agree on both things you said
    the first part that was THE only part of Family edition I didnt like I was waiting through the whole season for them to go somewhere and they never did
    and on the Second part I gotta admit the Amazing race is the only reality show I watch (Unless you count Extreme Home Make overs as reality) I cant stand Survivor or the other shows but this I can actually get into

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I don't get into many of them either. TAR is okay and I watch Survivor and Apprentice because the rest of the family is....but Extreme Makeover and the new one Miracle Workers are the only others I watch.

13. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

I just re-watched TAR season 1 for the billionth time yesterday :D and it feels so...unedited...and raw....completely different from all the newer seasons...ahh the frats....and momily..and guido..:D

14. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

I remember the other teams I like...The Nerds :D and the older married couple whose names I can't remember at the moment.

I hated the ending last night. Damn you Phil!!! "You're the first team to arrive--however the leg is not over yet" TBC... :mad: I don't want to wait until next week!!

15. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Don't you think those little unexpected twist in the end are more interesting? :rolleyes:

I do. :) It's not the first time they've done that but I like it. :D

--------------------------
    [​IMG]