Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

Re: Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Most of the women on the online fandom...on the message boards i checked at least stand by Lindsay. A cheating is a cheating nomatter how you rationalize it or want to excuse simply because you have got a crush on the cheater.I know such a thing can blur your pesrpective but it doesnt change facts. then we could all be cheatersa nd blame it on the circumstances. Sometimes a duck is just a duck!

Lets see tonight how Linds copes with the whole situation and lets hope she remains the strong woman she has shown us she is.....;)

2. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Not necessarily - there are still ways of retaining the essence of their relationship and starting over from scratch.
    Personally, I don't think they're all the same (maybe this is because I'm a guy but who knows). Heard the phrase "once a cheater, always a cheater"? Well, I think that only applies only to people (not just men) who actually find it thrilling to cheat - not because of some blindness in judgement. People like that get a kick of sneaking around their partner's back and the thought of being caught spurs them on.

I would never have pinned Danny for a cheater - but the reality of it is, things like that do happen and I don't see Danny ever having the intention of hurting Lindsay much less "cheat on her". He's been neglecting everyone around him and the hurt is his first and foremost concern up to now - what his next step is going to be, I don't know but he needs to wake up - and Lindsay can help him do that.

Danny doesn't strike me the type (ever) to purposely cheat - he's had a lapse in judgement yes, but that doesn't mean he's going to do it again either. If anything he's going to feel even more guilty for putting Lindsay in this position.

And who knows what that's going to do. :rolleyes:

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Unless you have numbers to back it up, you can't say "most women in the online fandom" do/say/or feel anything. Some people post on more than one message board. Does their opinion count more than once? Plus, I know of one message board devoted exclusively to Danny and Lindsay where you can't even read the posts unless you're a member. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that; but if you're using that as an example it's not really fair when only one opinion is being supported. It's easy to say that most of those posters stand by Lindsay when the only people posting are those who love Lindsay.

Unless it's not cheating. Up until RND even DL fans were talking about how they didn't know if Danny and Lindsay were in a relationship. As soon as Danny slept with Rikki, though, a lot of those same people immediately labeled him a "cheater." If you don't know they're in a relationship to begin with (and I take Anna's and Carmine's statements that they don't know as proof the audience has no way of knowing) you can't know Danny cheated.

Also, there has been intelligent discussion of why Danny is or is not a cheater. To dismiss the opinions of people who don't agree with you by saying they "have a crush on the cheater" is insulting.

4. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

yeah, thats why it was such a shock and why it made me so angry. but that belongs somewhere else

I would really like to see Lindsay reaction to his confession because truly I cant imagine what it could be.

there is the thing with him seeking comfort elsewhere and not having the courtessy of telling her. then the fact that he indeed slept with someone else while in a form of relationship with her. and there is the lying about it and trying to blame her for the mess.

personaly I would be pretty pissed. and I think she will be too. she will calm down eventualy but his confession is going to be a blow - a low one too.

only worse thing happening is her finding out from someone else. if this was a telenovela or a soap Lady V would tell her thinking Danny boy already mention their little whatever. ibut f they decide to take that route Im seriously buying a ticket and knocking on their doors one by one. pacifism be damned

5. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Wait a second? CSI:NY isn't a soap opera??? You mean to tell me that this whole storyline is just a fluke and doesn't happen all the time??? :eek: Seriously, though, the writers need to step away from this storyline, give Danny and Lindsay (mostly Danny) what dignity they still have and move on from this huge mess. :cool:

6. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^^ amen to that.

right now this ship isn't doing any of the characters or actors justice. it makes Danny and Lindsay look bad and it's making the actors look annoying. it's bad enough not too many people like Lindsay/Anna this whole mess is just making it worse.

i love Lindsay as a character but sometimes i feel that maybe she was thrown in as a love interest for Danny. i think of it as the writers were going to put Danny and Aiden together in season 2 but she left so they just paired him up with Lindsay so they had to right off the bat make them flirt. now i'm starting to see why CSI:NY being more personal than the other CSI shows was not the best idea in some ways. with Vegas Sara always had that crush on Grissom but it never came to much until the past like 2 years. on Miami Calleigh and Delko always had a thing but now it's being brought out into the open. if NY has started off slowly with character and relationship development this whole mess with D/L would not be such a mess.

Lindsay has a lot of potential away from a 'ship but we never really get to see that too much. TPTB should let her step away from this and let the character stretch out and let Anna stretch out her acting abilities too. we're always wanting Lindsay to go back to the way she was in season 2, the way to do it is to relieve the baggage off of her and to let her stretch out to be her own person.

7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^TPTB can let Lindsay/Anna develop alone whether she is or isn't with Danny. The fact that she's in a relationship with him (or not), should impact the way they develop her character at all.

It's like saying the moment you're in a relationship, you pause all growth - that's just stupid. TPTB can't seem to figure out that it's not all about relationships - we don't like Lindsay just because she's with Danny - if that's what they think, then they're gravely mistaken. I love Lindsay for many reasons, and being with Danny isn't even at the top.

The writers need to invest more into letting Lindsay go her own way, but that doesn't mean she can't be in a relationship with Danny at the same time. The two shouldn't be connected, IMO.

8. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I loved her in 4.17, especially in the scene with Mac. like she went from her childlike enthusiasm over finding out about the handle to sorrow and self-blame. Anna did an excelent job - again

she can grow inside a relationship just like outside of it. her growth can have something to do with Danny - like opening up again to people and with lot of other things, like getting more confident at work.

she has so much potential as an independent character and it is mostly going to waste

I like her right away from Zoo york and I havent start shipping DL untill Cool Hunter, so no, me liking Lindsay has nothing to do with Danny Boy

9. eveninstarz14

Ever since she took down the suspect in Zoo York I have enjoyed her on the show. She brings a certain spark to the show that lacks in a lot of the other shows I watch. Everyone else with maybe the exception of Flack was too moody and grumpy. Lindsay really lighten up the show.

I really enjoy her scenes with Stella and Mac, I feel like we don't get a lot of those.

10. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

if i didn't like Lindsay as an individual character i probably wouldn't like her with Danny that much (well i don't like McDreamy as a character but i love him with Meredith-- exception to what i like lol). Lindsay has proved herself as a great character many times over. the ep that really caught my attention with Lindsay was "Dancing With The Fishes" after that i was like "this chick means business" and liked her a lot from then on.

i do believe also that Lindsay can grow as a character being in a relationship with Danny but the way TPTB have been handling that situation hasn't been the best IMO.

i really enjoy those scenes as well probably b/c we never do get to see them as much. i still love the experiment Lindsay did on Mac in DWTF haha that always cracks me up, Mac's face looks so uncomfortable. and Stella is just cracking up watching Lindsay "torture" Mac.

11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I think Lindsay brings a lighter note to the show (although maybe not right now!) She has a certain vulnerability that none of the other characters have, except maybe (ironically) Danny imo. At the same time she's sassy and smart which is an appealing combination.

I've seen her described as whiny and selfish which I find hard to relate to. I think she has 'issues' but they make her all the more appealing really. As Mac said, she puts up a 'good front', but every now and then she acts rashly i.e. shouting at suspects, walking out of an interrogation, snapping at Danny, snapping at Stella and most recently abandoning her evidence. It makes her all the more human and I kinda like her all the more for it.

Her strength could also be her downfall though. She has an ability to shut herself off emotionally when she thinks she has to and she feels uncomfortable dealing with emotions. I'm hoping the latest story arc is going to explore that a little more and have her come out of herself a little more. In fact I think we're seeing that a little already with Danny.

I know some people don't think that Anna can handle the emotionally hefty scenes but I'm not so sure. I think she has portrayed Lindsay well and plays her as being controlled with a little chink here and there. I guess some people think she should have played Lindsay as a little more broken in some of her scenes but I think the combination of stoic control and battling emotions is perfect for Lindsay.

12. eveninstarz14

Exactly, I found the scene in SOOH to be even more powerful and haunting when she tried so hard not to break in tears. It seemed to me that Lindsay was trying so hard to be strong for the victim's families and my heart broke for her then. I am not one to cry at television scenes, but that was a moment where I was close to. Anna portrayed that scene quite wonderfully! :thumbsup:

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I like the fact that Lindsay tends to slip up every now and again. She's human, just like everyone else and I think that makes her character more appealing (to me at least) because she's easier to relate to. She has something that sets her apart from the New Yorkers and I like seeing how evident that is sometimes.

As for her being whiny and selfish, I don't really know where people get that from, but that's their opinion. Personally I don't see her being selfish at all.

Same here, and I think we're beginning to see that in 416, when she tells Danny she's fallen for him. I don't see the point of that unless the writers plan on expanding that angle and show more of Lindsay's emotions, which otherwise she would be hiding.

I think Anna portrays Lindsay wonderfully. It's more "Lindsay" that she does keep things bottled in, that she doesn't wear her emotions on her sleeves and that she does struggle to keep it under control. It's what I like about Lindsay, but it would be nice once in a while to really see her without any guards up.

I really want to see her get angry for some reason...really, really, angry...

Maybe I'm just weird :lol:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It's their opinion, not their problem. There's a huge difference between the two.

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Sorry about that...I'm in a bad mood :p

*changed*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.