Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

2. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Re: Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

^Ooh! Thanks for sharing that with us calleighspeedle :) It's really good work!

Anna really looks gorgeous and can clean up really well. I guess the writers really wanted a contrast between Lindsay and the usual New Yorkers because she doesn't look half as good on the set as she could IMO. :)

Is the middle picture a shot of her from MI? I've never seen that picture before.

3. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

^^ yea. Im pretty sure that was a promo pic from Medical Investigation.

4. SomethinSomethin

SomethinSomethin Victim

Im taking a lovely breath of Lindsay Loving air in here.
    Its very nice I have to say!

I think Lindsay is a smart, sassy, kind, funny character. I dont agree with any of the haters/bashers on here, so im loving seeing a thread which appreciates the character and LIKES her.

5. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Isn't it nice? I try to respect people's opinions but sometimes they make it hard for me. :( But I digress on that point...I agree that she definitely brings a certain spark to the show...I had no interest in watching CSI NY until I saw her in the show.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Guys, seriously...you need to discuss Anna/Lindsay in here, not other posters on the board. Please keep that in mind. Thanks.

7. SomethinSomethin

SomethinSomethin Victim

If you were talking to me then...sorry...i didnt mention anyone specifically, because i dont have a 'beef' with anyone specifically. Ill keep it on topic in future :)

But, back to Anna/Lindsay!

I loved her latest scenes, esp the one where she tells danny not to reduce her to some 'shallow clingy girlfriend who starting to suffocate you' well said there. And the scene where they re-enact that bit from a movie was so cute, but then heartbreaking at the looks on their faces when they realise and when Lindsay walks off.

Im sure this has all been discussed before though! Ill read back a few pages later and have a little catch up.

Oh and haaaa when she gets in the boot (trunk, sorry im from england), of the car and tells Mac to shut it. That was OldSKool Lindsay. Loving it!

8. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I loved the whole car boot scene too. And one thing I noticed is that she didn't seem pretty bothered by Danny at all when she's working until Mac brings it up. So I think she's trying to compartmentalise her work and personal life too - it's just when Danny's around, or something brings it up that she just shuts down.

Okay, maybe shuts down isn't the correct phrase, more like she just retreats into herself. I think her whole "it was stupid to get involved with someone I work with" line didn't really have anything to do with Mac, but more so that she was trying to convince herself of that fact. Still, I don't think she believes it though.

It's hard enough that there's the possibility that Danny doesn't feel the same way about her, but the fact that she has those feelings for him, it hurts that she can't just will them away with a crinkle of the nose. Hopefully whatever course of action the writers take, it betters Lindsay's character too and doesn't reduce her in any way.

If she and Danny reconcile, I hope that the past isn't swept under the rug and that was do see a reluctance in her to trust him the way she used to. If the writers are trying to make things "realistic", let's hope they don't stop just when they really need it.

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I see that as an enormous problem. I mean they work together. If she's bothered by Danny's presence and anyone bringing up anything about Danny so much that she that she "shuts down" or "retreats into herself" how is she supposed to be trusted to do her job? Yes, people's personal lives affect their work sometimes; but with the nature of her job and her track record how can the team rely on her for anything? Most people who let their personal life affect their jobs to the degree Lindsay has would find they no longer have a job.

10. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I imagine it's just a transitionary thing. There's lots of talk of Lindsay being unprofessional in her behaviour both here and in other episodes where she's allowed her emotions to affect her work, but then again who hasn't? I imagine most of us have allowed our personal lives to affect work at some time or another and generally it takes someone pointing out the error of our ways to change it. She allowed her emotions to get the better of her but she took responsibility for that and I'm pretty sure she will be doubling her efforts to stop it from happening again now that it's been pointed out to her.

11. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I agree with that. I think, she'll be careful that something like this won't happen again. And I also don't think that Lindsay is the only one who's emotions affect her at work. Sure, it happened a few times, but she's not the only one. And- everyone makes mistakes.

She should be more careful and shouldn't be too affected by Danny's presence (although I can understand her), but in my eyes she's still doing a great job. I loved the thing with the car boot and I totally loved Mac's face.

12. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I don't think it's that big of a problem yet - like JellyBelly said, I think it's more of a transition. If it continues creating problems, then that's a different story. Hopefully the writers stop the whole "Lindsay needs Danny to function" routine because it's getting old, and annoying.

Yeah, and I'd love to see that on screen too. Seeing her try to be professional with Danny would be good IMO. :)

13. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I think she is able to handle his presence when they act as co-workers. she seemed to have no problems with it. but with his comment he made it more personal and thats when she snapped.

well, it depends on how much she will be trying :) I dont want her to be too cold or too no-nonsence-like because that would be kinda OOC and also not really professional. it would take time before they are at least the way they were in S2 but early S2 when he annoyed her more then amused with him would be kinda nice if you get what I mean

I want more scenes like the one with the trunk. I want to see more of her enthusiasm. maybe to geek-out a little with hawkes or Adam

and is it too early to talk about the new thread name? cause I have a suggestion Anna/Lindsay thread #5 - "She rocks!"

14. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ LOL, I've been thinking about that one too...It perfectly fits her! I love it!

I feel that trying to be professional again with someone you feel so strongly about, will be really hard and it will ask a lot of her strenght and that really is too bad, because I do like to see her happy and enthusiast again...

15. cecilia

cecilia Dead on Arrival

That's how I see it too. Later in the ep, she was working side by side with him with no problem whatsoever. It was only when he crossed the line and brought up renting a movie with her that she pulled away for the moment. I don't want to see more of that kind of behavior, and I don't think we will, but it didn't bother me this time. To me, that scene was much worse for Danny. I mean we haven't seen any kind of resolution/discussion about what happened in RND, he knows she has feelings for him, and to casually ask her to watch a movie with him was the very last things I would have hoped for from him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.