Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Re: Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

It is a little bit like Aiden, yeah, but what was sparking my interest was the way Lindsay reacted to the killer in "Stealing Home." Obviously, they're not going to do a repeat of "Heroes" or Aiden's situation--I'm not really suggesting an arc like the Pratt story was, but maybe something more like Lindsay getting fixated on an inexplicable crime, or a criminal who had no motive other than he/she felt like it.

Thinking about it more, it would be cool to see Lindsay go up against a remorseless female killer. That could be kind of cool.

Why is it about Danny's reaction? I hate those storylines where the woman is victimized and it's up to her boyfriend to save her. Let Lindsay save Danny--she's always kind of left that to other people. Danny is the resident damsel in distress, and Flack or Mac isn't always going to be around to save him. Let Lindsay really step up to the plate and do it.

Not at all. :) Discussion/differing opinions are always a good thing. :)

2. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

I'd love to see that story line. I also liked Lindsay in 'Stealing Home', she was fixated on Vackner and in a weird obsessive way and I loved that. I think the writers could really go back and take her reactions from the episode, and maybe turn it into something bigger - not necessarily a whole season long "fixation" case, but, I dont know, something similar, but deepen it a bit, maybe give a reason for the way Lindsay acts, regarding a storyline/killer like in 'Stealing Home'. I think it'd be great with a Female Killer, thats something new, plus, it also keeps us away from the "damsel in distress" and "every female is victimized", I dont want to see any of that and I hope the writers steer clear of that.

The article in the magazine was good, some nice little in sights to her character, and little snippets about filming and all that good stuff, but a majority of it seemed like a repeat of what we already know about her, you know? But, interviews with Anna are few and far between so, I'll smile and take what I can get.

3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Top41: i didn't mean that Danny should save her and all. i think it would be cool if Danny knew that Lindsay was going through a rough time but let her sort her crap out herself. i know Danny doesn't always have to be there for Lindsay and they don't always have to be on the same case... just a little mention or concern from Danny would suffice just to let the audience see some caring.

Lindsay going up against a remorseless female killer would be pretty wicked. i'd like to see her atittude come out again, get a little of the sweetness off of her for a while and get some roughness goin on.

i liked in the interview when Anna was talking about how she wants to do the physical stuff again. maybe now that it's out in the open from the actress herself TPTB will move on that a bit more? the whole thing was just soo good, it was nice to see the magazine gave Anna an interview for the first NY issue.

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Well I'm just tired of her falling prey to something. Can't someone be given her wrath instead? Put a slingshot in her hand and watch the fun that would conjure. I'd love to see that.

I want to watch her get angry. Like...really, really, I'm-going-to-shoot-you-in-the-head-but-I-can't-so-I-won't-but-I'm-just-going-to-aim-for-that-spot-beside-your-head-so-don't-move kind of angry. :)

5. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i'd say she pull a Sydney Bristow from Alias and threaten a male suspect or whoever by putting the gun down his pants lol. for some reason i can totally see Lindsay doing that and not being all that shocked haha.

some Lindsay wrath would be awesome to see. anything would be great for the character. TPTB need to give her some stability. they've toyed around with Lindsay enough they need to pick a characteristic/personality they like/ the fans like and just stick with it. but on the other hand the lack of stability kinda adds an air of mystery to Lindsay.

6. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^There is a limit to how much toying you can do. They've gone past that limit. Mystery becomes annoyance.

I can picture Lindsay putting a gun down a guy's pants with a cheeky smile on her face. "You don't think I'll do it? Which one first? Right or left?" :p

7. Carmine_lover

Carmine_lover Witness

i decide i came to the anna tread i think we must support her on her great performens,
    anna is doing wel i like to she her shutting some one or run after someone that make her carakter more intressted,danny and lindsay running together after someone,and she get's the guy or woman,then will danny be proud,
    we need to see more anna in action,Anna go for it girl!

8. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Danny and Lindsay runs, Danny trips and smacks his head, Lindsay catches guy. Lindsay rolls eyes and shakes head as Danny rubs bruised head. :lol:

Oh I like that idea - and it would be fun to see Lindsay chasing someone rather than Danny, or Flack, or Mac doing the chasing. The girls on the show can run with the best of them, with heels no less.

Maybe she can throw her shoe at a fleeing suspect and knock them out. That would be just as fun to watch. Cool too.

9. Carmine_lover

Carmine_lover Witness

haha:lol: i loved to see that,we need more girlpower,that's why i loved that scene were lindsay running after that kid,and she have's his shirt and then danny takes him,from the episode Risk.
    we need to see that stuff more.

but i thinking that shoe thing is so lindsay especially when she is mad,we love to see lindsay on action,we support that.

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^The scene in Risk was a little annoying. She could have totally taken that guy down without Danny's help. It's a little unnerving that there's always a guy to help when it's obvious that the female CSIs on the show are more than capable.

Lindsay really needs to throw something and knock a guy out. Maybe a dust bin cover that she hurls and a guy trips on it smacks his little head on lamp post, knocking out a tooth to boot :D

I really hope that we see more of Lindsay's physical side in the upcoming episodes. It should be interesting to see what the writers will do with her character in the future.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  11. Carmine_lover

Carmine_lover Witness

yes but it's a little begining of the rest,of course she can it by her self but danny want to help her.
    but i understand your point.

I really hope the writers do more running for the girls they can get a guy,they are not weak,woman are really strong and they can run fast,

the last pysical scene from lindsay was in season three that is a long time a go,maybe at the end of season 4.

12. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I know Danny wants to help her, and that scene was more about catching the guy rather than who caught the guy. The point is, Danny doesn't always have to help her. She's perfectly capable of catching someone. Still, the writers should empower the girls a bit you know? Make them a little hotter kicking some ass on duty.

Did Lindsay do something physical in Season 3? I don't remember anymore...Season 2 was the most of it.

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Agreed. How awesome was Stella in "Snow Day" when she was holding that large gun? Let the girls kick a little ass.

I don't think so, but that was probably due to Anna's pregnancy. But she's not pregnant anymore, so...

14. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Maybe all the guys can be taken hostage and the girls have to save the day with *gasp* their own brains and brawn. :p It would be interesting to watch Stella and Lindsay kick ass and save the day rather than the usual Mac and the gang approach. Rambo Lindsay would be awesome ;)

So since the actress herself enjoys the physical stuff, lets hope the writers smarten up and use her character for more than what we've seen so far.

Can't wait to see the monologue that Anna's going to be giving in the future. I'm sure she'll carry it across well.

That should be give us more insight into her character, her thoughts, feelings and what's going on thus far that's been all hazy.

15. tinieyhasbi

tinieyhasbi Dead on Arrival

i Agree With you Gaelen...Maybe in this upcoming episode we can see more Lindsay doing physical stuff. Carmine mentioned in his interview than he and lindsay had a crazy scene together .I wonder what that is...whether its good or bad ,we'll have to wait n see..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.