Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Re: Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

i just got the new CSI mag last night and finished it this morning. the article with Anna is soo good. they asked some good questions like how Lindsay changed from audition to where she is now and how she's been liking hooking up with Danny, and some emotional scenes.

Anna even talks about the scene in "Zoo York" when she slammed the guy in the car!!! very very good interview.

2. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^There are some stuff on there that we've been discussing here too, i.e, the return of her more physical side etc. Which is a good thing.

From the promo pics, Danny's got longer hair, so maybe Linds does too? It's been getting shorter and shorter as the episodes roll by. If they're not careful she ain't going to have any hair left by the end of the season :wtf:

:p

3. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ Well maybe she can borrow Brad's hat then and look like a real country girl :p

4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

But Brad looks funny without his hat. Seriously he does.

And I am giddy picturing all these different hairstyles on Lindsay's head. I think I need to find a new hobby. Like...cowboy hat collecting :)

You know, I hope that whether in the remainder of the season or next season, we get a Lindsay storyline where she kicks ass rather than...well what she's done so far. I want someone to stalk her. That should be fun.

5. dutch_treat

^ Well you could always try to get that stalker role ;)

I'd love to see Lindsay in a situation where she has to act quickly...I suddenly (*blames the cowboy hats*) had a vision of her chasing a suspect through Central Park and suddenly grab one of those carriage horses and continue the chase on horse back :eek: - I know I've seen it before, but that is really something I feel Lindsay would do :lol:....Or she could fabricate a lasso and stop a fleeing suspect in his tracks...:cool:

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Why turn her into a victim? The last thing I want to see is someone stalk Lindsay. I hated the whole "All Access" storyline and the idea that women on crime shows have to be turned into victims to prove their strength. No thanks.

I'd like to see her genuinely kick ass and, as discussed earlier, maybe save another member of the team. The toughness she showed in the second season with tackling/chasing suspects was fun. Obviously she couldn't do that third season because Anna was pregnant, but there's no reason she can't get back to that now...

7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Maybe stalked was the wrong word. Hmm..how bout followed? Some weirdo follows her everywhere and she gets pissed off and slams him into a... lets see...ice cream truck. :) We've already seen the car-slamming. I say go for the ice cream truck.

But yeah I want the ass-kicking back. Maybe she can literally kick someone in the ass. That would be pretty-darn interesting to watch.

8. Top41

^Ehhh, I'd rather have her follow a suspect or get really involved in a case like she did in "Stealing Home." It would be interesting to see if she'd get so wrapped up in a case that she'd go out of her way to get evidence or harass the killer or something.

9. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

The ending of Stealing Home really intrigued me because she was so engrossed in that case and was struggling to figure out the killer's mind. It's a shame that it never returned; it was one of the more emotional scenes Lindsay has been a part of.

But whatever it is, Lindsay needs more storylines that should bring out the better parts of her character. Something physical; maybe she can join in on a suspect chase rather than being sidelined like she always is, and maybe more ties to her life in Montana; perhaps her unorthodox methods at looking for methods and things like that.

10. dutch_treat

^ After that last scene in 'Stealing Home' where she confronts James Vackner in jail, trying to find out the 'why' of what he did, I always hoped they would refer to that again...it just felt like there was more to that scene, but unfortunately that never happened.

Would be great to see something like that again...I loved her determination in that case.

11. Top41

So I got the CSI magazine yesterday and was reading the interviews. It's cool--Anna says she'd be interested in seeing more of the physical stuff too. So we're not alone in wanting to see Lindsay going back to being more aggressive and tougher!

She also said she was baffled by Lindsay pulling away from Danny in season three--she was like, "What? But I've been after him for so long!" I'm glad to see she was bothered by that inconsistency too. I didn't like how she did a sudden about face in season three after she went after him in season two. It's nice to know I wasn't the only one baffled by that!

12. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

that does sound like a cool idea but all i will say is remember what happened to Aiden when she did that with DJ Pratt? she kinda ended up a crispy critter and a bit of a nutter over trying to catch him.

a story line like that for Lindsay i think would be too much for her to handle, but also sometimes we never know what Lindsay's personality/character will come out with since the writers like to make her soo many different things. i can only imagine Danny and what he would do if someone was bothering Lindsay either "stalking" wise or if she was wrapped up in a case.

i hope this doesn't sound like i was attacking your idea i'm definately not meaning/trying to. it's a very good idea.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Yeah, but Lindsay isn't anything like Aiden. And as far as we know AB isn't leaving the show, so it wouldn't have to play out that way.

It's not just the writers who make Lindsay inconsistent. If Anna Belknap could be convincing, it would be a nice way to give the character some actual definition. It may also help the character to show her as driven and passionate in her work and strong enough to handle things independently. But, to be honest, if you like Lindsay and can't imagine her character being able to handle it and have to bring up Danny and how it would impact him, I don't see how anyone who doesn't like her would find it believable.

14. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

The CSI:NY magazine is a great read, but something really caught my eye in Anna's article. She mentions that at the time they started filming the courtroom scenes in SOOH, her daughter was only about three weeks old. She was exhausted and burnt out, but she said that when she was up on the stand filming, she thought about her child and how much she loved her, and this made it much easier to film the scenes. That captured my heart. I'm sure it was incredibly tough for Anna to go back to filming so quickly after giving birth (as is with other stars who have been in this position), and IMO she did a fantastic job. Kudos to her :)

Also glad to hear she wants Lindsay to be more involved in the physical aspect of the show. I could see why they didn't have her doing anything like that last season, but this season? I want to see her tackle another suspect. Not only would we get to see Lindsay kick some butt, Gaelen would have something to drool over :p hehe.

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Heheh. Very funny Stuffy :p

But yeah it was nice to read that Anna was also a bit confused when they suddenly went the other way about her relationship with Danny, and that she hopes Lindsay's physical side comes out more often. That, and what we saw at the end of Stealing Home would be a big welcome to her character when she becomes more consistent.

That's true. Personally I think it would be an interesting plotline for her, and it doesn't have to go as far as Aiden's story either. She would go out of her way to get the evidence and that's that. I don't think it would be too much for her to handle because we've hardly had any solid Lindsay-centred plots before. This would be one where she wasn't the victim, and we can see her skills as a CSI and the reasons Mac chose her for his team (it definately wasn't so that she would walk around as an encyclopedia, though that worked sometimes then quickly turned annoying).

I think at times she can be convincing, but given her pregnancy and all, I don't blame her if she dropped slightly. Of course prejudice works here too. If you don't like her, she can be the best actress in the world and you'd still think she wasn't good; it's the same for everyone.

I think she's been becoming better lately with Lindsay's new 'fresh' period. :p Hopefully the future episodes will help Lindsay become a more fleshed-out character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.