Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

No worries. :) I wasn't trying to pick on you specifically (or say that you're saying I'm picking on you.) I just didn't want people who don't visit the WLRMG thread to think there are a bunch of people saying that when there isn't. I'm just as guilty as anyone of using "they" when I really shouldn't. I'm working on stopping myself from doing that, because I think it just perpetuates the "us vs. them" feeling that the forum can sometimes fall into. And that's no fun for anyone.

2. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

^ Thats what I thought I didn't wanna kinda say its you i thought they sounds nicer but yeah the "us vs them" I didn't wanna start it off but I felt what you said needed a mention cos I thought it was interesting that its been said in here but talked about differently in a way.

3. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Has she had that many dramatic scenes to showcase in the first place? It seems TPTB is really confused when it comes to Lindsay. She's had one storyline, which was badly done to begin with and then they completely change her character once again. How on earth is it possible to build on character when they keep shuffling her?

There's alot worse she can do before I name her worthless :lol: And if TPTB continues to work (properly) on her, I think she might start to be more liked.

For those who dislike her, could you put forth ideas on what you think could be done to make her a better character for you? (Trying to start a discussion here!) And not, kicking her out, killing her, turning her into a clown or anything like that.

It would be great to see what aspects of her could be nurtured.

Personally, I hope we get more scenes like in CS. Her strange Montana experiments are amusing and is a change from the usual New Yorkers.

4. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i think TPTB/writers are starting to get Lindsay back on track. besides the stating the obvious moments they've given her she's had some great lines and scenes. they've given Lindsay some moments like when she said "I rock" and when she told Adam to get his ass into work that could have been seen as a little out of character or showing that she finally came out of her slump and is more empowered.... depending on how you wanna look at it.

the only way we'll know for sure that Lindsay is back to her season 2 self is if she ever bashes someone into a car lol. that'll be my que to know she's back to that kind of character.

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The one and only time she really intrigued me as a character was in "Stealing Home" when she got obsessed with the killer who seemed to have no real motive. So I guess I'd like to see her get fixated again, and maybe cross the line a bit with a suspect. I think that would be an interesting storyline for her.

I'd also like to see more of her tough side. Initially that was something I liked about the character and that kind of went away. I didn't love her in season two--she was uneven--but she was horrid in season three. I'm glad we haven't seen as much of the whinyness/selfishness that we saw in season three this season, so I think that's an improvement. I think her getting fixated on a case/bringing down a suspect would be interesting, given what we saw in "Stealing Home."

I also think in terms of people liking her, it would help if she did something truly selfless for another character. Covering for Danny in 413 was a step in the right direction.

6. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I have to say I agree Top I found Stealing Home really interesting because she got so fixated and just wanted to know why which i guess in there jobs is a common thing you just need to for piece of mind.

I really liked her in Commuted Sentences I like the side of her when she improvises and had a great comeback to Danny's remark.

7. MakeTracksCowboy

i always say a sign of a good character is if they can get on your nerves every once in a while. hell i love Sara Sidle as a character but i can name you more times when she has pissed me off than when i liked her haha.

no character is ever perfect. yes Lindsay can get on my nerves sometimes but so can Danny and the rest of the team. each one of them has something the writers can work on.

with Lindsay TPTB need to work on showing her care for another teammate. they gave her some caring for when she was going through her crap now she needs to give back a little, at time she can seem a little self centered.

8. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^I agree with what's been said, Lindsay needs to show more care and compassion to other people. I know there have been a few times where she's come across rather self centered, but I hope the writers work to remedy that.

I found that interesting, like she's never met a killer without motive in Bozeman and is finding difficulty wrapping her mind around it now that she's faced with it in New York.

Lindsay needs to go slam someone else against another car. I don't really understand why they took that away, and completely changed her. Her first episode looked so optimistic for a new and interesting character. No idea what the writers were thinking...

I still want to see Lindsay shoot someone - I'm not sure if she'll be confident with a gun. Could bring back memories of her friends, who knows...

9. MakeTracksCowboy

Basically Lindsay is just a character with a lot of potential... especially if the writers keep flipping her around all the time.

there can be a way that the writers can incorporate all these characteristics of Lindsay so that she's just not one type of character. sometimes watching Lindsay is like watching a rollercoaster.... you never really know her mood or how she'll act, it's like whatever the writers feel like making her mood in an ep and not sticking to who she really is.

like i said in a another post Lindsay will not truly be back to herself until she bashes someone into a car again haha. glad others agree with me on that.

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^I'd love to see that again. Though, lets not make it car again. Maybe a bus, or a big truck...or maybe she comes out of a corner and whacks a fleeing suspect with a plank of wook she found in the bin. :D

11. xxAnGeLheArtZ

xxAnGeLheArtZ Police Officer

:lol: whacking a fleeing suspect with a plank of wood. how about jumping out of a moving vehicle (be that, danny's motorcycle, flack's car, mac's car) and tackling a suspect?

the upcoming issue of the official csi magazine (due out march 11, 2008 in the USA) features an article entitled "mighty montana" with our lovely anna/lindsay :) .

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^What kinds of things does she say in the article?

13. MakeTracksCowboy

i am freaking out for the new CSI mag next week. i saw in the first issue with the promo cover for the NY issue they were going to have an interview with Anna. very very excited just for this interview. i like the title "Mighty Montana" haha i'm gonna say that when Lindsay has an awesome scene or a good line, just yell out "Mighty Montana" lol.

14. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Since she doesn't give a lot of interviews, I'm really looking forward to read here (unfortunately the magazine is not available outside US/Canada/UK) what Anna has to say about her role, the show, D/L, etc.

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^She really doesn't give alot of interviews does she? She leads a pretty private life...which is a good thing I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.