Anna/Lindsay #2- Montana Girl in the Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by pizzapie, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyko1003

cyko1003 Rookie

Re: The level 1/3 stuff.... When Nick and Warrick were competing in Crime Scene Investigation, they were competing to be CSI Level 3.... In the episode wher ethe reinact the scene on the plane, Nick says "Sorry, pulling out the Level 3 trump card" (or something ot that effect).

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but in the episode of NY with the dancer Kia who gets thrown off the Tram (episode name is escaping me - it was episode 5-6ish), Lindsay actually starts that scene on her own. She's the only one assigned to the DB found in the tram car; Mac and Stella are the ones originally examining Kia, who had fallen off the tram. The three ended up working togehter when Lindasy's DNA results came back to Kia... given that they wouldn't've known beforehand that the cases were the same, I'd make the assumption that Lindsay would have been working that scene alone ... ... ... :shrug:

2. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

cyko -- My Nicky. :D

Welcome back, smiliee -- hugs, missed you!

I say Linds worked alone until that point.

3. SecretSophie

SecretSophie Hit and Run

Isn't Dancing with the fishes also the episode where Mac calls her "Anna" by mistake?

I'm not sure about the tram driver? but it was possible she was assigned to do the preliminary on the crime scene.

4. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

^Did he in one? I missed it.

DWTF is the one where the cop is calling her Dorothy, and wh responds by saying "This is my crime scene, and I'm very thorough." So maybe she was "originally" supposed to be on her own on it, and it turned out to be conected.

As far as the levels- on NY, they refer to the "levels" as grades.

I don't know if it would be easy for her to lie to suspect either though. She just strikes me as someone who's very honest, and just wants others to be honest with her, because she is with them.

5. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Mac called her Anna? :lol:

6. SecretSophie

SecretSophie Hit and Run

Yeah, he and Stella and Lindsay are in his office, discussing the case, and he addresses her as "Anna". You really have to listen closely, and she hardly bats an eyelash, but I'm about 99.9 percent sure.

7. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

wow..i havent been here for a long time..sorry guys *hugs*...i think its funny when mac calls her Anna...i thought i heard it to but no one believed me..now i know its true..go US!!! i like that he does..cuz the show is about human character..and forensics..but it showed that Mac is human and not a robot like i used to think..jk.oh my gosh sorry that was wired of me..i havent slept in like 3 days so my brain is so fried that i dont know what im saying. so the entry up there probably doesnt make any sense..so forgive me
    im out
    love
    allie
    :DLOOK AT MY NEW AVVIE!!!**

8. keich

keich CSI Level One

I didn't know Mac called her "Anna" by mistake. That was interesting. *goes off to watch the episode*

9. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I miss al of the good eppy's... darn.. I love bloopers when they use real names.. :p

10. Caron

Caron Victim

That was in DWTF? I just watched it and never noticed it at all. :S

11. cfar

cfar Pathologist

Well...the mistake has nothing to do with Mac as a character. Mac didn't forget Lindsay's name, Mr. Sinise messed up his line. (Which happens to all actors at some point, so this is not a slam on him.)

I think she was on her own on that one (just like Hawkes in Corporate Warriors). Mac would have checked up on her more than he would if Danny or Stella were working a scene alone, but she was still solo...it just ended up being connected.

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It kind of sucks that the only solo case she got ended up being a not-so-solo case. I mean, she did do the interrogation with the tram driver's wife at the end by herself, but the case doesn't stand out in my mind as being one that Lindsay did on her own because of the connection to the Kia case.

When Linday first went to process that scene, Officer Murphy said something about it probably being a heart attack, right? So I guess it was supposed to be a pretty straightforward case (like Hawkes' case in "Corporate Warriors"--didn't they think that was an electrical fire at first, before they realized it was arson?).

That's funny about Gary saying "Anna" during a scene. I never noticed it before, but the next time I'm watching, I'll listen for it. :p

13. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

It is true that it's probably only the fairly routine scenes that would be processed by an individual. Most of Lindsay's cases from this season have not been so. Have all of the characters had their own case once? Stella has, Hawkes has- but Danny and Mac?
    I would like to see her be able to handle a case on her own- maybe she will next season.

14. allieluv_csi

allieluv_csi Lab Technician

oh im very sorry...its what i meant to say..i was just so tired i could hardly keep my eyes open..and ive come to know them as the characters they play..so i refer to them somtimes..its my mistake..very sorry..thanks for pointing it out :D
    im out
    love
    allie

15. cfar

cfar Pathologist

It does make sense that if they were going to send one of the rookies out on a solo case, it would be one that looks pretty much open-and-shut....

After thinking about it, she did work that case pretty much by herself (Stella and Mac were focusing on the girl as the primary). Since her vic ended up being the primary target, it was her that solved the case. But it's easy to forget that she did most of the work alone because it ended up connected to Stella and Mac's case...

As for people working alone, anytime they work with just Flack, they are basically working solo since he's not a CSI. I remember Hawkes and Danny working cases with just Flack, but I can't remember whether Stella or Mac ever did....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.