Anna/Lindsay #2- Montana Girl in the Big City

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Actually, Lindsay is 3rd grade, as well as Danny (1st grade is the highest, and Danny was never actually promoted to 2nd grade).

It may be based off the number of years in the actual department, not just experience. I have no clue. Didn't Mac mention that it was almost Danny's fifth year in A Man a Mile. If Lindsay had only been a CSI in Montana for 3 years, she wouldn't have even been eligible for a promotion.

I found an article with a brief mention of Anna- in regards to "Quark Victory"
Willie and Robert Reale’s enjoyable children’s’ musical “Quark Victory” played at Mass MoCA with fantastic sets, costumes and lighting by, respectively, Michael Brown, Mimi O’Donnell and Jeff Nellis, and a lovely performance by Anna Belknap (a talented non-Equity actress who appeared in many WTF plays).

Original article

I recommend simply searching for her name to find it in there.

I don't think I've ever seen Hawkes with a gun either. Maybe they can choose since they aren't uniforms. It'd be nice if we found out next season. Most of the time, it seems when they are entering an apartment, the CSIs have the guns drawn, and open it themselves. However, in Necrophilia Americana, neither Hawkes or Lindsay pulls a gun, and a uniform actually opens up the apartment when they work together.

Danny does carry a gun, but I doubt it has to do with rank.

^There are a few fanfics based around a reason why she doesn't carry one (if you wanted the links, you can PM me). It could create for some interesting character development on the show. It is somewhat interesting that the only reason we've seen her holding a gun is either if she was searching for one or firing it in the lab.

I could see her being a good shot too, especially after the archery scene in Stuck on You.

Another question is: Do you think Lindsay would be a horrible liar? For some reason, I do, but maybe I've just been reading too many fanfics!

^They showed her shooting one in "Wasted", too, but both of these instances were in the lab, and she was shooting into whatever they used to slow the bullet down, not at someone, or even a target.

yea, i know... kinda dissapointing I guess. I think it's cool when the girls have guns. Don't really know why, It's just cool...

I'm stupid I know. :D

pizzapie said:
^Actually, Lindsay is 3rd grade, as well as Danny (1st grade is the highest, and Danny was never actually promoted to 2nd grade).

It may be based off the number of years in the actual department, not just experience. I have no clue. Didn't Mac mention that it was almost Danny's fifth year in A Man a Mile. If Lindsay had only been a CSI in Montana for 3 years, she wouldn't have even been eligible for a promotion.

Was Aiden 2nd grade? Just wondering how Danny worked with Aiden or how Danny works with Lindsay if none of them are at least a 2nd grade.

Danny was up for a promotion so Mac let him lead the case in Outside Man (ep 6) and for some reason I thought he got that promotion because he completed the case without anybody's help except for Aiden (whom he was working the case with). Wasn't it near the end of the season that Mac told Danny he was off the promotion grid? (I was thinking maybe that was to move on to grade 1) Seems like there were too many months in between the Outside Man case and Mac's statement for him not to get the promotion.

I thought Mac said it had been 3 years and he was up for a promotion.

I guess promotions are different for each dept. In Las Vegas they go by the number of cases (Nick & Warrick were competing). Maybe Lindsay hadn't been a CSI in Montana long enough to be promoted. Maybe her years in Montana don't count against her years in NY. Who knows.

They probably wouldn't pair Lindsay up with Hawkes because they are both probably grade 1 and neither one could take the lead.

I've seen Danny, Stella, and Mac with and without their guns. So I guess it's their choice to wear them or not. But I've always seen them with their badges. I thought I'd seen Lindsay wearing a gun too but I could be wrong. Since Hawkes was never a police officer, he wouldn't have a badge and maybe he can't carry a gun either.

If it were me, Since they are police officers as well as CSI's, I would never be without my gun. Never know what you're gonna get into.

Both Lindsay and Hawkes worked a case on their own last season. Hawkes worked the arson case in "Corporate Warriors" and Lindsay had the tram case (that ended up being linked to Mac and Stella's dancer falling out of the sky case) on "Dance with the Fishes"

If it were me, Since they are police officers as well as CSI's, I would never be without my gun. Never know what you're gonna get into.

I agree, I want to be a CSI, and when I am, I'll always carry a gun, just in case...

You know, I got to thinking after I posted that they must be able to work their own cases even if they are a grade 3. It just looks like they don't get big major cases by themselves. Danny got to work that huge diner case because he was going for a promotion.

Heh. I typed out this long reply and then the server keeled over on me for a minute. ;) Half of what I said doesn't make sense considering the past few posts that were made while I was waiting for my computer to get with the program. :lol: So, with that in mind, I'll just forget about that post and move on. ;)

That's a good point about the team members sometimes having their guns and sometimes not. I've never really paid attention, but maybe it has to do with the sort of case or the location of a crime scene? *shrug* I dunno. If I were a CSI though, I'd want to carry a gun all of the time. Think of the Holly situation in the first episode of CSI:Vegas--scientists can get in the line of fire, too.

Now, as for Lindsay being a horrible liar, I think so--she strikes me as someone who's very honest and straightforward, who wouldn't see a good reason to lie. That would make for an interesting story. Remember that episode in S1 when Aiden lied to that guy with the pizza place about how the kid died so that he'd admit to the murder? I can see a similar situation coming up and Mac telling her to remember that rule, and then she tries to lie to the person and isn't convincing. (Then she'd go back and find the evidence to put them away anyway. ;))

Seeing Lindsay trying to lie reminds me of when one of my kids tries to lie and they either won't look you in the eye, won't look your way at all, or have a smirk on their face when they are lying. I don't think she'd be able to look someone in the eyes and lie to them. If she had to lie I'm sure she'd avoid their eyes and probably figet around and just look uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back