Anna/Lindsay #2- Montana Girl in the Big City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are great articles. Thanks for posting them over here. I still cant grasp that she can sing and dance. It's so funny, cause I am use to seeing the serious Lindsay Monroe. :lol:

She got a great review in that musical!

Standing out from the ensemble is Anna Belknap, who played the female lead in each of the three stories. Belknap is, simply put, an amazing performer. She possesses that certain "star" quality that makes her irresistible to watch whenever she is on stage. With great singing, dancing, and acting skills _ and flawless comedic timing to boot _ I can only hope to see Belknap assume the lead in any musical comedy that comes her way.

It definitely supports my theory that her gifts lie in comedy. A lot of her good moments in NY have been the lighter ones.

great article, thank you for posting. Its hard to picture Anna singing and Dancing, maybe because I'm just so used to the somewhat serious Lindsay, but Top is right, some of her best moments on New York have been the lighter ones, and she really knows how to lay down the jokes/puns.

Also, about her and suspects, in "Risk" she chases after a college student, rips his shirt off (actually the kid kinda rolls out of his shirt), but she helps Danny take him down I believe.

I think she's really good at the funny moments, but I feel that she also does a good job other times. I think one of the best acting jobs is in Stealing Home in the scene with the father, it's just so subtle. I also thought the interrogation scene in LOLD was good. I'm also a fan of the interrogation scenes in All Access, which to me were so powerful because it was the first time that Lindsay had ever lost it.

It was interesting to see Lindsay react the way she did in All Access, I was really suprised. And along with the funny parts, Lindsay has some of the best work ethic I've seen on the show. Anna does a great job in all aspects.

^I agree. Lindsay is one of the hardest working CSIs. Its one of my favorite things about her, that and how she's made the leap from country to city with alot of grace.

pizzapie said:
I think she's really good at the funny moments, but I feel that she also does a good job other times. I think one of the best acting jobs is in Stealing Home in the scene with the father, it's just so subtle. I also thought the interrogation scene in LOLD was good. I'm also a fan of the interrogation scenes in All Access, which to me were so powerful because it was the first time that Lindsay had ever lost it.

Those are the moments that just don't work for me. Anytime she screams at a suspect or gets worked up kind of makes me cringe. I think she does much better job with the lighter moments, like the scene in "Stuck on You" with the bow and arrow. I did like the scene with the father in "Stealing Home" because she did go for the understated approach. Some people can do overwrought drama and others can't. Anna is much better when she does choose the subtle approach.

^I disagree, I liked the screaming, however, I won't like it if they continue directing Anna to do that, because I don't feel that it fits with her character. Her portrayal is pretty realistic for some people. Not everyone in real life can do "angry" as realistically as others, and maybe they're trying to show that. I also don't think they would put it on if they didn't think it was good acting.

^If the script calls for it, what are they going to do? They probably didn't realize it didn't play well until they saw the dailies. I don't mind when a character yells--Melina is great when she gets tough with the suspects, same with Gary and Carmine--but if an actor can't play something, the writers need to take that into account and write to his/her strengths. That's why I think next season with Anna they should take into account that her strengths lie in the lighter scenes, just like they give Flack all the snarky lines because Eddie nails them.

^ I'd say that if the director's felt she was not doing a good job, they would have made her redo it, or changed it. The script isn't entirely set in stone, the actors have said this in interviews. Not everyone feels that Anna does a bad job in those scenes.

^I've actually seen a lot of complaints about Anna's performance in those scenes, even from some who really like her a lot. But, to each their own. I understanding loving everything about an actor--Russell Crowe's brawling antics never bother me too much, because I love him completely. :lol:

As for the director, there are only so many takes that can be done. This is television, and time is always of the essence. And it's not like an interrogation scene can be cut.

Anyway...does anyone know if Anna has any projects lined up for the summer? I wonder if she has any theater projects planned. She seems to have been pretty heavily involved in the theater before turning to television work. Does anyone know if the Rude Mechanicals are still together (the ones that haven't moved on that is) and putting on productions?

I missed "All Access", so I cant really say yes or no to how I felt about her interogatting a suspect. I do like her in the light moments, especially the one with the father in "Stealing Home", I unfortunatley missed alot of Season 2, and when I say alot, I mean like more then half the episodes.. shame on me, I know, so I dont have a bias towards the way Lindsay is with suspects, and what not, the episodes I have seen with her, have all been good. I like her, I enjoy her character. Its nice to have someone different, NOT from New York and not a hard ass or anything, brings some dynamic to the show. I'm looking forward to catching up on Season 2.

Damn, I had just typed a post, and it didn't go through..

The Rude Mechanicals website (rudemechanicals.org) has information about something in 2004. I don't know if they haven't updated the website, if they have disbanded, or if they just aren't doing anything.

There is a sincere lack of information on Anna on the web. On a bit of a funny note, I was searching "Anna Belknap" and I came across this

Alpheus Walker. He married Anna N. Belknap . Anna N. Belknap, daughter of Zela Belknap and Elizabeth W. Brett , was born July 24, 1862 in Duxbury,Plymouth,Mass.. She died December 03, 1878 in Duxbury,Plymouth,Mass..

From here

Last thing I'm going to say on this. Anna has mentioned in interviews that she had to do several readings as part of the audition for NY. I'd imagine she had to show the complete range of emotion. If she couldn't do "anger" they either wouldn't have hired her, or would have not written it that way. They might not could do without the interrogation scene, but they could write/direct it differently, or even not have Lindsay there. I think part of the reason it doesn't bother me is that there are a couple of people I know well who portray anger exactly as Lindsay does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back