American Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of get the feeling that they wouldn't have saved Andrew if it'd been him that had gotten the lowest votes. I kind of wish they didn't have a save cause it's not really fair to the other contestants who are voted off after the judges use the save. :(

Missed Crystal's performance, but I'm sure she was good, she always is.

Casey, Aaron, Lee and Katie were all good. I didn't care much for the song that Casey sang (didn't know it), but he did a really good job with it. I do wish he'd chosen to sing "Jailhouse Rock" instead though. Tim was okay.

Didn't like Andrew's performance at all. Siobhan's wasn't that great either. Michael's was a bit too sleepy for my tastes, but better than last week.

OUCH, once again doing the "Kings' songs" to me it was Sacrilegious, I feel sorry for theses kids, It's not fair to try and sing the originals, and try to belt them out lke Elvis did, no way:( It was cool to See Adam Lambert critique them, he's so handsome and so sweet, and tried to help them but:confused:

CRYSTAL "Saved"~
Only she can pull off the original and do it great, she rocked out and did a fantastic job on this song~

ANDREW "Houndog"~
NO NO NO, horrible and I like him but only Elvis can sing this the right way~

TIM "Can't Help Luvin' You"~
I just can't get past the original that the 'king' did, cringe-worthy~

LEE "Satisfy Me"~
WOW, really good job, I was pleasantly surprised~

AARON "Blue Suede Shoes"
OUCH, again, please don't do this song, your NO Elvis,~

SIOBHAN "Suspicious Minds"~
Good, but her screeching is to way out of control, this is not a yelling contest, chill out it was way too loud:(

MICHAEL "In The Ghetto"~
Good job, he changed it but in a good way he pulled it off:bolian:

KATIE "Baby What You Want Me To Do"~
Good again, she belted out this blusey song Ellen:" A horney song, lots of horns":lol:

CASEY "Lawdy Miss Clawdy"~
Good, but he completely changed this old standard, and for me I hardly recognized it~

ANDREW "Houndog"~
NO NO NO, horrible and I like him but only Elvis can sing this the right way~

I think Andrew would have been better off singing a slower song.

SIOBHAN "Suspicious Minds"~
Good, but her screeching is to way out of control, this is not a yelling contest, chill out it was way too loud:(

I agree.. she's got a great voice, but she needs to knock off that screeching a bit. :lol: And I thought her outfit was kind of cute (especially the shoes) , but wasn't crazy about the shoulder blade areas being cut out of the back of the top. That was a little odd. :lol:

I think I might have liked to have heard Michael singing "Don't Cry Daddy". That and "Pocket Full Of Rainbows" (which would have been good for Tim or Aaron) are my fave Elvis songs... but no one ever does them during Elvis week. :lol:

KATIE "Baby What You Want Me To Do"~
Good again, she belted out this blusey song Ellen:" A horney song, lots of horns":lol:

I didn't know this song, but she was really good. And omg Ellen's comment had me cracking up how quickly she kept trying to clarify herself with the others thinking she meant something else. :lol: She's hilarious!

I'm not surprised that Andrew got sent home. But I'm very surprised that Katie was the other one to go. She didn't deserve to go.

Last edited:
So, they nuked Andrew, & Katie. I liked him but guess they had to let someone go, and I'm glad they kept Michael:bolian:

Last night Larry King had on all the judges, what a treat.. Ryan, Simon, Ellen, Randy, and Kara. Lots of laughes, Simon said "he's never wrong" Larry goes, "what if you like someone but nobody else does' He goes' I'm always right" and "how about if everyone likes someone, but your don't"? he goes "I'm always right":eek:.And that his reasoning for leaving that "it was time to move on, you can't just keep doing the same thing forever" and then Larry reminded that "he'd been doing this for 25 years", Simon just rolled his eyes like he does. Also that Ryan has signed on for "two more years" Ellen said "5 more years" Randy said "2" and Kara was cagey and wouldn't say. And when asked if Paula would return Simon said "NO" she's moved on:rolleyes: And then when Larry asked him "how long can you forsee this lasting" Simon said "for 20 or 30 more years":eek: It was fun to see them all together and also on the insults between Ryan and Simon, all games, that their like "brothers" and that it was for the viewers, and that their friends. Although Ryan said that, Simon said "99% of the time"~

Season 9

At the moment I am having a hard time to choose between Aaron Kelly and Casey James. I love the way Casey James sings with his guitar and he looks so angelic while Aaron, young as he is, he can really sing. I love the song 'I believe I can fly' by Aaron Kelly. I think it suits him and I love that song. It is my all time favorites.

--------------------------

See difference of opinions I feel that Crystal is the best out of all of them. There's no song that she does that doesn't rise to the occasion:thumbsup:she kicked a.. on the "Stones" night and also doing the "Beatles", great.. and unbeliveable enough, even "Elvis" she knocked it out of the house~

Last edited:
Wow, long day:cardie: so here's my overview of last nights contestants~

Alicia Keys was the mentor, she's so nice and so cute, and another clelebrity with the gap between her front teeth:evil:

CASEY "Dont Stop" an old Fleetwood Mac song, I luv' this song~
He did it good, and his own style~

LEE "The Boxer" Simon and Garfunkle~
I liked it, I like him, nice version, the judges loved it~

TIM "Simple" Goo Goo Dolls~
Seemed like he slipped on a few notes as the judges call it "pitchy" and a bit boring and Ellen saying "It's like the soup of the day, sometimes you like it, sometimes you dont":guffaw:She didn't like it~

AARON "I Believe I Can Fly" and once again Ellen saying "There was a brief time in the 70's, when I thought I could fly":lol: Good version very soulful~

SIOBHAN "When You Believe" sung also by Mariah and Whitney~
Good voice, but I just don't care for her, she's annoying, and way too many butterflies all over her outfit:confused:

MICHAEL "Hero"
He's always good, he's a fantastic singer~

CRYSTAL "People Get Ready" She's the bomb:bolian: her voice is so pure and her style unique, she gives me chills. She was so overcome by her own singing she broke down and cried:( I think she's the one;)

Alicia Keys was the mentor, she's so nice and so cute, and another clelebrity with the gap between her front teeth:evil:

I didn't notice the gap and I don't really listen to her music, but she's a pretty girl. :)

Ellen saying "It's like the soup of the day, sometimes you like it, sometimes you dont":guffaw:She didn't like it

Ellen saying "There was a brief time in the 70's, when I thought I could fly":lol:

Ellen is just hysterical. She comes up with the funniest analogies. And the flying comment was just funny. :lol:

SIOBHAN "When You Believe" sung also by Mariah and Whitney~
Good voice, but I just don't care for her, she's annoying, and way too many butterflies all over her outfit:confused:

She's got a nice singing voice. But her outfits are way distracting.
The butterflies. And Simon thought they were leaves. :lol:
I miss Katie though. I would have rather Siobhan gone home than Katie.

I know Simon thought they were leaves like WTF,:guffaw: like they were EVEYWHERE, butterflies are cool but that's way to much. I know it probably sounds weird, but she reminds me of a old woman, in a young girls body, she's just too off-the-wall- to win. :(again tonight, when the H is this over?

I didn't realize the Idol Gives Back thing was tonight. So are they not voting anyone off tonight? Are they gonna do it Tuesday or wait and combine scores from this week and next week and then vote off one contestant next Wednesday or two contestants? :confused:

It says in my TV Guide that one will be eliminated tonight In "Idol Gives Back" and also features artists Carrrie Underwood, [she's everywhere] Black Eyed Peas, Annie Lennox [although I heard she can't make it due, to the volcano ash in Britain] and Jeff Beck. This show raises funds for the U.S. and global charities~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back