American Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your review GNRF cool, how everyone who watches this has different favs. That's show bz and everyone has a different opinion;)

Last nights eliminations. First the group song was great, they all acted so professionally, sang "Just Haven't Met You Yet";)

So on the girls who they booted were~

KATELYN Ouch, so off key, I think it's a cruel punishment to make them sing after they've been let go, too emotional:(

LILLY OMG, this shocked me, I thought she was fabulous no words. But bet she'll go on to have a career not matter what~

The guys~

RODERICK I liked him, and this is a shame, [poor kid had tears in his eyes] but he will also move on and have a career:bolian:

ALEX Sad, he was so damn good, a sweet kid. I shed tears on this one. Ellen loved him too~:(

The final finalists tonight a two hour special, 12 contestants left performing~ starts at 8:00 pm check your local listings~

Let's see if I can remember all the names. :lol:

Michael- I actually thought he was better this week than last... but I didn't get the hype about last week. :lol:

Didi- She was okay, nothing big though.

Casey- I loved his country meets blues vibe. Very solid performance.

Lacey- I don't think she did very well tonight. I think she will definitely end up in the bottom two/three and will most likely be the one voted off.

Tim- He was okay, but was much much better last week. Tonight it was just like really good karaoke.

Aaron- He did alright.

Siobhan- I didn't care too much for the start of the song, but once she got into she sounded a little bit better, but still didn't get the hype.

Katie- She did a really good job I thought. Her version of "Wild Horses" sounded a little like the version on that one Buffy ep.

Paige- So much better tonight than last week. Last week she nearly put me to sleep. But she does country well. And did a really good job considering she's having troubles with her voice (health wise).

Andrew- Eh... I'm not really a huge fan of his. :lol: He's got an okay voice, but doesn't really do a whole lot for me. :shrug:

Crystal- I don't know what it was, but I thought she was a little off tonight compared to past weeks.

Lee- He did pretty well. I think he sounds like a mixture of John Mayer and Jason Mraz. :)

I had to crack up when Ellen asked Aaron if he was trying to do his hair like hers because I was thinking right before she said it that their hairdos were similiar. :lol: And when she said about Casey I think it was... that a lot of women would find him attractive whereas women like her... a pause and then "blondes". :guffaw: She's hilarious.

I'm a bit disappointed that no one sang "Satisfaction". That was the one I was hoping to hear. I think Crystal should have chosen that one instead. :)

Well, this show was for me cringe worthy. I'm a hard-core "Rolling Stones" fan, always have been and always will be. They are my favorites, heart, mind, body and soul:bolian: The Greatest Rock and Roll Band In The World I've seen them 6 times in concert, also have most of their music on CD, tape and even old LP's., and nobody can sing songs, the originals like Mick Jagger. If you saw them in concert, you will know what I mean. He dances, prances and rocks out for two solid hours and has the body of a 25 yr. old man. [he works out and runs daily] We saw them in San Diego 2nd row center, he smiled at us, and Keith and Ron talked to us, one of the music thrills of my life.. Maybe some other pop rock icons could have pulled this off like Paul McCartney, Elton John, Rod Stewart, or Bruce, but not a bunch of in-experienced kids on a reality show. So, in saying all this, I was and am a severe critic where their concerned:cool:

MICHAEL
"Miss You", I like him, but he changed this song for the worse, awful~

DIDI
Play With Fire", dear gawd, don't sing this standard Stones fav. I was cringing:(

CASEY
"It's All Over Now" one of my fav. Stones songs, and it was OK, better than I expected~

LACEY
"Ruby Tuesday" Not bad, better then I expected. But, no one can sing this song like Mick:rolleyes: Ellen goes "you like to sit on the edge, don't go to the Grand Canyon":lol:

ANDREW
"Gimme Shelter" OUCH, again don't sing a classic Mick Jagger song and I do like him. I also think this was a bit unfair to force them to sing these classic songs,they should have been able to choose what they wanted:confused:

KATIE
"Wild Horses", Not again, no one can sing this song the way Mick can, and he wrote this for his then girlfriend Marianne Faithful, when she was ill, "Wild Horses Couldn't Take Me Away" from you~

TIM
"Under My Thumb", I yelled "NO" not this one, please it was like a kid singing a Bubble Gum song. horrible:scream:

SIBOHAN
"Paint It Black" She did the best with this song so far, I didn't cringe this time, it wasn't bad, a standout the best of the night so far:bolian:

LEE
"Beast Of Burden" I like his voice and it wasn't bad, but if your not Mick Jagger, dont sing this classic:alienblush:by now I was ready to turn off my TV:(

PAIGE
"Honky Tonk Woman" actually a decent version of this standard, I was plesantly surprised she really rocked this:wtf:

AARON
"Angie" SCREAMS:klingon: The best he could do, but if Mick was watching, he would have broken his TV~

CYRSTAL
"You Can't Always Get What You Want" unbeliveably fantastic, she's a natural and pretty much can sing anything and this big hit from the Stones I was hestitant, but she pulled it off magically. I actually was blown away.. I think she's the one:bolian:

A couple of reviews from last night~

AI REVIEW

AND ANOTHER REVIEW

Last edited:
I don't watch the show but I do see the news.

'American Idol' Exit Q&A: Lacey Brown on what she'd look for in a winner

The results are in, and it’s the end of the line for Lacey Brown on American Idol. But the 24-year-old fire-haired singer doesn’t think it’s the end of the line for her career. In our post-elimination talk with Brown, she talks about what’s next and the benefits of waterproof mascara.

For More See Link Provided.

The two people who host GSN live said they think Kesha should have been the one sent home. :lol: I'd never heard of Kesha until Wednesday night. Then she shows up as a guest performer on AI... and her song is climbing the charts? The lady on GSN live said something like: "A song called "Blah Blah Blah"? Seriously? its climbing the charts? I must be getting old." :lol:

To me the song sounded like a really weird mixture of rap, pop, rock and punk. I just didn't get it at all. The word in the title was about the only word of the song that I could even understand. :lol: And what was with the backup dancers with giant tvs on their heads? :wtf: :lol: Weird. :lol:

It was nice seeing David Cook again though. :D

Last edited:
Lee- Nice voice, but the song bored me honestly.

Paige- Oh no... I have a bad feeling she may be the one to leave this week. That was not good at all.

Tim- not terrible, but a little too karaoke.

Aaron- Pretty good job considering he's got laryngitis/tonsilitis.

Crystal- Man she was good. I think she's gonna end up winning the competition.

Michael- Eh... nice voice, but I didn't love the way he sang that. He's no Percy or whatever that guy's name is that originally did that song.

Katie- Not too bad, but a little sound alike.

Andrew- Not good at all. Bad karaoke. Should be in the bottom this week.

Casey- I don't know what Simon was talking about. Casey did a good job I thought. I'm beginning to think that for all his protesting that its not personal that it actually is for Simon. Every year it seems like he continually rags on the best looking guys in the competition. :lol: But I did love when he said "maybe it's just me, maybe its because I'm English." :lol:

Didi- Not terrible, but I do agree that it was like she was playing a part.

Siobhan- Great voice, but the big note thing at the end is getting old at this point. She's got to try something different like Simon said.

Thank's GNRF for you opinions, here's mine.. At least they got to choose their own songs this week, and Miley Cyrus critiqued them, and it seems like she's a sweet girl ,and postive about all of them;)

LEE "The Letter"- Box Tops" geez really an oldie~
Good job he was in his comfort zone, and had a better stage presence than last week~

PAIGE Phil Collins- "Against All Odds"
Also really good, soft voice than belts, the judges hated her:confused:

TIM Queen-"Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
He was good too and a nice version of Freddy's song a little softer~

ARRON Aerosmith - "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing"
OK, kinda of blah, not great- forgettable~

CRYSTAL Janis Joplins "Me And Bobby McGee"
She rocked this song. She's just a natural singer and at ease with herself, mellow, it gave me chills. I think she might be the one~

MICHAEL Percy Sledge's "When A Man Loves A Woman"
Beautiful voice and he sang it good~

ANDREW Marvin Gaye's "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"
BOO, awful, boring poor guy and he's got a good voice not with this song though~

KATIE Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry"
So so, to throaty and pitchy, hard to top Fergie's version:rolleyes: Ellen goes "Your the Dakota Fanning of "AI"

CASEY Huey Lewis' version of "The Power Of Love"
Flat and not great, it's hard to listen to someone sing this old standard besides Huey~ although he's a great guitar player~

DiDi Linda Ronstadt's "You're No Good"
Pretty good, real blusey and her voice is unique and she did her own version~

SIOBHAN Stevie Wonder's 'Superstition"
She's also good powerful strong voice, and hits those high notes and knocks folks off their feet. Simon said she was screaming, I thought she was singing:confused:

I don't think Katie deserved to be in the bottom three this week. I think the bottom two should have been Paige and Andrew. He was awful this week. It was just all over the place. But I knew Paige was gonna be the one to leave. However, I kind of felt bad for her when Simon said, "whether you sing or not, you're going to be going home tonight". Ouch! But when she was singing last night, I realized she has lost some of her voice due to the bought with laryngitis.

Siobhan- Kind of pitchy, but she's got a great voice.

Casey- not crazy about the song, but he did a great job with it and was in his element.

Michael- loved the lyrics "ready for love". I've gotta find the original so I can hear it cause I'd never heard it before. Anyone know the original artist? I couldn't quite catch what they said. However, I wasn't that impressed with Michael's performance. It was just okay for me. Nothing to write home about. :shrugs:

Didi- Oh no... I'm worried for her this week. That was not very good at all. I agree with Simon that it was a little like those people they have singing the songs that are danced to on Dancing With the Stars. Which is funny that he said that cause last night when whoever it was that was dancing to Taylor Swift's romeo and juliet song (can't think of the actual title, sorry)... the person who was singing that sounded a little like someone auditioning for american idol. :lol:

Tim- Nice voice, but he didn't connect with the audience. I didn't believe he was in love while he was singing. I think he may be in the bottom again this week.

Katie- I thought she did very well. I liked the sassy head thing she was doing. :lol:

Lee- Awesome voice, awesome job on the song.

Crystal- She did very well. It was nice to see a different side of her.

Andrew- Eh... it was okay. Not terrible and worlds better than last week, but still nothing special.

Aaron- It was okay, but the "I know" line he did much better in the rehearsal with Usher (the second time anyway).

Which is funny that he said that cause last night when whoever it was that was dancing to Taylor Swift's romeo and juliet song (can't think of the actual title, sorry)
I believe the song you are thinking of is called "Love Story". ;)

Which is funny that he said that cause last night when whoever it was that was dancing to Taylor Swift's romeo and juliet song (can't think of the actual title, sorry)
I believe the song you are thinking of is called "Love Story". ;)

Thank you! I had a brain freeze moment. :lol:

Last night I cracked up when Randy, Simon and Kara were all arguing about Katie's genre or whatever and Ellen goes, "I want to say that I really like your earrings." :lol:

Thank's for your review GNRF and the "earrings" was hilarious:lol:eek:nly Ellen could think of that, so my analysis of last nights contestants. And the commercials geez, way to many:rolleyes:Nice to see Usher critique them he's a charming guy~

SIOBHAN Chaka Kahns "Through The Fire"
Great voice, but she slid on a few notes and the yelling at the end is getting tiring, not necessary every single time.. and her outfit, it looked like she dug it out of a trash dumpster:confused:

CASEY Sam and Dave's "Hold On, I'm Coming"
Good, old song, but he did it really well~

MICHAEL Inria's "Ready For Love"
Beautiful, this is his forte, the blues it was sensational~

DiDI "What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted"
I love this song, it made me cry she really sang it from her heart~

TIM Anita Baker's "Sweet Love"
Dull and boring, to big of a song for him, embarassing, didn't get it~

ANDREW Chris Brown's "Forever"
BoOring too, I like him, but he seems to always sing the wrong tunes that don't suit him~Ellen: "Love your smile, you know what they say, smile and the whole world smiles with you, that's what it says in my dentists office":lol:

KATIE Aretha's "Chain Of Fools"
:( Awful, cringe worthy sorry sweetie, no one can sing this but Aretha~

LEE Corneilus Brothers ""Treat Her Like A Lady"
Good job, he kicked it wailed and so far the best of the night:thumbsup:

CRYSTAL Gladys Knight's "Midnight Train To Georgia"
FANTASTIC, she's got it, what can't she sing that isn't great? and her new look a dress and heels, and her hair pinned back for a change.. she's great~

AARON Bill Wither's "Ain't No Sunshine"
OK, this is a tough song to replicate, he did his best~

Nice to see Usher critique them he's a charming guy~

I'm not really a fan of his music, but he does seem very charming. I loved when he asked Tim if he'd ever been in love and then he said "make me that person". I nearly fell off the bed laughing. :lol: And Tim's reaction saying that a lot of girls would have no problem doing that, but it was awkward for him. :guffaw:

SIOBHAN Chaka Kahns "Through The Fire"
Great voice, but she slid on a few notes and the yelling at the end is getting tiring, not necessary every single time.. and her outfit, it looked like she dug it out of a trash dumpster:confused:

:lol: about the outfit. My mother said it looked like she took a lot of different materials and patched them together. :lol:

Inria's "Ready For Love"

I've gotta look this one up. :)

Ellen: "Love your smile, you know what they say, smile and the whole world smiles with you, that's what it says in my dentists office":lol:

OMG I cracked up when she said the thing about gingivitis. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back