American Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
GNRF tell your mom I'm with her, what the H was that outfit anyway? and tonight their eliminating one more:(

Oh I forgot to mention... I also thought it was funny when Ellen said that she didn't like people talking behind her back and she didn't like it when people sang behind her back. :lol:

I figured Didi and Tim would be in the bottom. And I was pretty sure Didi would have the lowest amount of votes. and I knew the judges wouldn't save her. I always hate to see someone get sent home, but that's the way it goes. :(

GNRF Ellen is a riot, and natural comedienne, I loved her sit-com and she's the best there is in stand-up on lke HBO, but I'm not thrilled with her daytime show, silly frivolous and dumb. So, bye-bye DiDi as Ellen said " Yes, indeedy DiDi" I was suprised, I thought that Tim or Katie would be booted:(

Is there anyone else that did a cover of that song that Michael sang besides the original artist? Cause I looked up Inria on amazon.com and nothing came up. I can't find the original version of the song at all.

Is there anyone else that did a cover of that song that Michael sang besides the original artist? Cause I looked up Inria on amazon.com and nothing came up. I can't find the original version of the song at all.
Not sure why this happens sometimes I don't watch the show. But going by what you said I looked on the AI website and under performances and then used the "Filter" below the video, clicked Michael's name, that video came up with a descript of the artist and song. ;)

Is this what your looking for? India.Arie "Ready For Love"

This is the website official for India arie - and here is the Amazon.com link to that song

BTW I have never heard of the artist, or song, but hey I hope that helps. :)

You're welcome, don't you just hate when that happens, you know the song, you have some of the lyrics, and that artist still escapes you.
Then you have the position you were in I am guessing that you were going with the heard by ear, which makes it even worse, especially when you know what you heard but nothing is cooporating. Been there done that. :D

You're welcome, don't you just hate when that happens, you know the song, you have some of the lyrics, and that artist still escapes you.
Then you have the position you were in I am guessing that you were going with the heard by ear, which makes it even worse, especially when you know what you heard but nothing is cooporating. Been there done that. :D

:lol: It was worse because I'd never heard of the artist or song before that AI ep. Ryan Seacrest needs to speak clearer I guess. :lol: Sometimes he talks so fast when saying the original artist that words run together or something. :lol: I just really liked the lyrics of the song (mostly cause they match one of my OTPs for another fandom [non CSI fandom]). :lol:

I loved Andrew Garcia's version of 'Forever'. Unfortunately, when I went to download it on itunes, it was not his original acoustic version. Why do they do that? Generally, the version you hear on the show is the one you want. Right?
It has been a favorite song of mine since 'The Office' wedding premiere (best episode ever), but I liked Andrew's version.
Crystal is still my favorite, though, since her performances have been consistently good.

:lol: It was worse because I'd never heard of the artist or song before that AI ep. Ryan Seacrest needs to speak clearer I guess. :lol: Sometimes he talks so fast when saying the original artist that words run together or something. :lol: I just really liked the lyrics of the song (mostly cause they match one of my OTPs for another fandom [non CSI fandom]). :lol:

Ya' got that right, OOOPS on me for totally mispelling the name of the artist, and I'll blame it on Ryan:lol: I think it might be Crystal too. she's unique, and her own person~

A review of last nights contest. OMG now the BEATLES :( The greatest writing duo in all of song/writing history, in Rock 'n' Roll since I've been alive. Harsh:( Nice to see Sir Paul on a web-cam giving the contestants his best. He's so darling and 67 years old. He's one celebrity who's aging so well~

AARON "The Long And Winding Road":rolleyes:
Not bad, but once again like the Stones, no one can sing this like Paul:(

KATIE "Let It Be" [one of my fav. Beatles songs]
Ths is like impossible for me to listen to these old standards which were so perfect, and who can sing this like Paul? sounded OK, but like she was singing in a church choir. she did it best she could~

ANDREW "Can't Buy Me Love"
I actually liked his version, he did it good and Ellen saying "First of all you can buy love":lol:

MICHAEL "Eleanor Rigby"
Boy did he change this oldie, I hardly recognized it, but I liked it, he did good~

CRYSTAL "Come Together"
Another tough song to copy-cat, but as usual she kicked it out of the ballpark.. good job~

TIM "All My Luvin"
Not bad, he changes it too his own version but good job~

CASEY "Jealous Guy" John did this on his "Imagine" album~
Really great:bolian: my favorite of the night and blusey version, and I never thought anyone could to this song but John but he did~

SIOBHAN "Across The Universe" [gorgeous song]
She did it great a pretty voice, very soft, but powerful~

LEE "Hey Jude" [who hasn't sang along with this before?]
WOW, he did it great who knew, you could tell he really loved this song, but the guy at the end, walking down the stairs with a set of bagpipes, strange- and Ellen goes "The guy got separated from the parade":lol:

Last edited:
:lol: Lee. I don't think I've cracked up so much during this show. That was awesome and weird all at the same time. :guffaw: Bravo. *squishes him*

I honestly don't think Siobhan is as good as she thinks she is, but she's had some great performances. I just didn't like last night's -- it was way too sleepy. Then again, I don't want to see her screaming anymore either.

Seems to me like Andrew's days are numbered...maybe it's just my personal preference but he hasn't really 'wowed' me since Hollywood week. He's probably a cool guy though.

As for Crystal and Casey, those are probably my two favourites thus far.

The rest...meh. :p Although Katie did do a great job, in my eyes.

Well, I missed everyone before Crystal, so I'm only basing them on what I heard during the recap. :lol:

Aaron- He sounded decent.

Katie- She sounded pretty good. Better than last week.

Andrew- Eh... he sounded okay.

Michael - What I heard on the recap, I could barely understand what he was saying.

Crystal- Awesome! Loved that she had someone playing the diggeridoo (don't know if I spelled it correctly, but that's a really cool instrument). For anyone who doesn't know, the diggeridoo is an Aboriginee instrument or is it Aboriginal? Not sure... anyway, it's Australian, so yeah...

Tim- So much better than last week. :)

Casey- I thought he sang it really well. I liked that he showed a vulnerable side and it felt like he was feeling the song. His suit was very snazzy too. :D the acoustic guitar was beautiful. I can imagine him serenading me. :adore: Loved that when Ryan asked him what he was thinking about during that song he said, "I was thinking about being a jealous guy". :guffaw: And that bit with the others talking about his boisterous laugh was funny.

Siobhan- She's got a pretty voice, but the song was a little sleepy for me. That outfit she had on was really strange. It reminded me of what a barmaid would wear in one of those movies set in the times like "A Knight's Tale". :lol: Not as weird as last week's outfit though. It looks like she added some blonde highlights to her hair. I liked that. :)

Lee- I thought he did pretty well. Loved the bagpipe dude walking down the stairs. And Randy said that guy was hilarious... don't know why he was funny, but whatever. Ellen said he got lost from his parade. :lol: She cracks me up.

I have to say that I'm really surprised that no one sang "Imagine". Wasn't "We Shall Overcome" one of theirs too?

Geni, it appears that you and I have the same two favorites. :D

I knew they'd use their save if Mike was voted off. They're gonna wish they'd saved it though because I can guarantee someone they really really want to stay will be voted off soon. And now we lose two next week.

Last edited:
I was stunned that they nuked Michael over Andrew, what a shock but the judges saved him thank gawd. He's one of the best ever and I hope he kicks ass next time. :bolian:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back