American Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Casey's guitar playing, but I'm so tired of that particular song being done on this show. I really wish he'd chosen a different song. :lol:

The gals were on last night, and did pretty good, I think better than the guys. Ellen said something so hailarious on picking song choices. She goes like "Who Let The Dogs Out At My Grandmothers Funeral", not a good choice:lol: Brief summary & my take on last nights contestants~

CHRYSTAL Did CC Revival's version of "See the Light" great haunting song. It was fantastic, gave me chills WOW. I love this song, and she did a great rendition~

HAELEY Mylie Cyrus "The Climb" Not great, a bit off key and she was yelling , more than singing~

LACEY "Kiss Me" She's cute, but not a great singer, just OK~

KATIE "Put You Records On" Good, not great but she is cute~

DI DI Bill Withers "Lean On Me' Really good, I was surprised, she did a really good version of this old classic~

MICHELLE "Creed" With Arms Wide Open" Good voice, to me but awful song, a pretty girl~

LILLY Sam Cooke's "I Was Born Down By The River" good rendition, quirky different voice good soul and intepretation~

KATELYN Cold Play's "Scientist" Nice, smooth and right on key~

PAIGE Rock-Away, by Kelly Clarkson. She's great huge range and adorable [Kara wrote this song]~

SIOBHAN Aretha's "Think" WOW, hard to match Aretha, but she kicked it, and when she hit that unbeliveable high note:wtf: ... The judges are were very impressed by her. She might be the one~

Another funny thing Ellen said People said, "Dont mix sleeves with a blanket, and then look at Snuggies":lol:

Randy was a bit grumpy last night, he's usually so positive, guess he was having a bad night. Tonight they'll be eliminating two guys and two girls~

Last edited:
The Snuggy comment made me laugh. I actually have a Snuggy. :lol:

I didn't really care much for any of the girls' performances. Most were just okay, but no one really stands out except for Siobhan. That high note was done very very well. I could never hit that note that is for sure. :lol:

Haeley was not good at all. She basically ruined that song. That's one of the few Miley Cyrus songs I actually like. :lol: Haeley as Kara said, definitely needs a few years to train her voice. She's still really young, so there's plenty of time for her. She's a cute girl though, has a great smile.

Lacey- She was, like Randy said a bit Karaoke.

The rest of them for me were just average. Nothing spectacular. I'm just not feeling it that much this year. :lol:

I love Creed's version of "Arms Wide Open", but Michelle destroyed that song. :lol:

Not surprised at who got kicked off. Though I didn't hear the guys' performances (except for Casey lol), but I'm definitely not surprised on the girls who were eliminated.

And OMG! Danny Gokey's gone country! :lol: Nice song though. :)

Last edited:
They eliminated 4 people last night~

John:, I thought he was pleasant but a bit generic what always get me is they go, more or less, "you didn't make it, and sorry blah-blah-blah, but then go OH, BTW. would you sing another song before you head out the back door":klingon:. They could say some nasty adjectives and use a finger, but they are courteous and sing again, while shedding tears:(

Jermaine:, I like him but guess he didn't get the support from call-in's~

Michelle:, Buh-bye and she also sang again , I didn't even want to hear her the first time. NO star power~

Haeley:, So young and not enough expierence, maybe next time~

Ellen again so funny, goes "If you squint your eyes a piano looks like a guitar:lol:

Next time it'll be down to 10 each~

GNRF it was at the very beginning before they started eliminations , how she liked the girl on the piano, but also liked the girl on the guitar Chrystal I believe, and then she said that:lol:

Your welcome GNRF she is hailarious:lol: from the new TV Guide dated March 14-21, a brief article about her~

ELLEN STILL NEEDS PRACTICE

We're rooting for you.You wouldn't be here if we didn't believe in you. You just need to own it. Have some fun. This is your moment. You've got "it". Now use it. Make it your own. You have more in you. No, singers, we're not talking about you. Go away until you can figure out how to pck the right song and do something interesting with it. [upping the WOW factor would help] This pep talk is aimed at "American Idol's" new star, Ellen DeGeneres, whose first week of judging performances was awful "pitchy". Those baby blues looked like a deer caught in the headlights as you stammered to stay on key with your "vague" comments. But we get it. we too were shell-shocked by how scary bad most of the top 24 were. [I Tweeted after the boys' first round] "I woke from Idol stupor to discover to discover my ears have filed for divorce. We'd hate to be the one delivering the positive spin. But Ellen, you're there to be our eyes and ears. We can take it. Glad to see the improvement in week-two-you're growing like Alex Lambert's unique 'unripe' banana in the paper bag'-and the producers were smart to put you in the middle of the table and not make you talk first. Following Randy ensures you'll be and sound original. You're beginning to temper the enthusiam for everything adorable with some actual criticism and a wry sense of what it means to be on Idol. Telling Katelyn, "People can't vote if their alseep" is a good start. But please, Ellen, don't be trying to cast "GLEE" with Idol dregs like Tim Urban. :confused:That's not your job. At least you're not hanging on Simon like crazy Kara. Ellen, do something! [OUCH:eek:]

Matt Roush TV Guide writer~

I liked Lacey's performance tonight. Crystal actually made me like the song she sang (I don't like the original version). I didn't like what Lilli did with the Patsy Cline song. The girl who sang "Smile" almost put me to sleep. Didi was okay. The girl who sang Earth Move was okay. I missed Sibohan and the first girl's performances.

Just a brief analysis of my take on last nights girls!

Ellen in the opening segment, sitting on Simons lap and kissing him, :lol: she's a riot~

KATIE
"Breakway" by Kelly Clarkson, good voice but no real star power!

SIOBHAN
"House Of The Rising Sun" old "Animals" song, and she kicked it, killer powerful voice WOW:eek: Ellen goes "I'm from New Orleans, and I know that house":guffaw:

LACEY
She's kinda of boring no stage presence, pretty eyes however~

KATELYN
Sang "I Feel The Earth Move", another old Carol Kings song, and not so hot, off key and don't sing an old standard unless you can pull it off~

DIDI
"Rihannon" by Fleetwood Mac, she screamed this out, I was cringing and after wards Ellen goes 'Yes indeedy DiDi',:lol: not so hot either~

PAIGE
Sang the old standard "Smile" I liked it and her, but the judges knocked her bad, poor girl:(

CRYSTAL
Tracy Chapmans 'Give Me A Reason", now this is a singer who can do another famous song and she sang it fantastic, she's the best so far in my opinion, so at ease and so natural. Personal note:ditch the old fashioned hippie braids, they look matted, get a new do.. and she's got a pretty face;)

LILLY
Pasty Clines "I Fall To Pieces" also did a great rendition of this really old song, she was good, I liked her~

Tonight the guys~

Last edited:
"Rihannon" is a hard song to sing. there are so many vocal changes from the low to the high. this is one hundreds of songs that should just be left to the original artists to sing. can you imagine someone trying to sing the band's song "Everywhere"? i don't think so.

I watched the performances a second time (well 2-8 anyway, didn't get the first one on tape) and after watching it again, I think Paige has a pretty voice, but she sang "Smile" as if it was a sad song when it's not meant that way. The lady on that My Girl movie didn't sing it that slowly. Lilly was flat whenever she sang the "I" of "I Fall To Pieces". She changed it too much and I didn't like that quirky thing she was doing with her voice. It was as if she was mixing country, pop and punk altogether and it didn't blend well at all.

I liked Siobhan's verison of "House Of The Rising Sun". I thought she did really well. By the way, how is her name pronounced anyone know? Sometimes it sounds like they're saying "suh-bon" and other times it sounds more like "chiffon". :lol:

^ I've heard the name pronounced "Shuh-bon" as well as "Shuh-von". Guess it depends on how the parents want their child's name pronounced, lol.

As for the girls, I think they're leaps and bounds over the guys. If I had to pick a winner, I'd go with Crystal.

Saw the guys last night...they weren't really out-of-this-world fantastic and I didn't get what was so special about the last performance. :rolleyes: Oh well, matter of taste I suppose.

My brief analysis of the guys last night~

LEE
He at times sound a bit like John Mayer, good but not great. Sang "Fireflies"~

ALEX
Sang "Trouble", he was good an smooth, really nice Ellen said He "was like a mushy banana"~

TIM
Sang "Hallelujah" OK, he just doesn't move me, but he's very cute. Ellen liked him so much, she actually ran up on the stage and hugged him;)

ANDREW
Sang "Genie In A Bottle". He's good and has his own style~

CASEY
I didn't catch this title. Just OK, very country sounding, and to me he was better last week~

AARON
A bit generic, so so voice but he's sweet~

RODERICK
Sang 'Queens' "Need Somebody To Love" Great rendition, I was pleasantly surprised from former performances, GO Roderick:bolian:

MICHAEL
Don't know this song, but he kicked it, very soulful and bluesy, Powerful and he's so confidant of himself. I so far think he's the best of the males;)

Elimination tonight~

Lee- he was okay.

Alex- I didn't really like what he did with his voice.

Tim- I thought he sang it nicely, but not as good as Jason Castro. Still one of my faves of the night.

Andrew- no, just no. Sorry didn't work for me.

Casey- My favorite of the night. He sang a song by country music's hottest cowboy Keith Urban. "You'll Think Of Me". He did Keith Urban proud. Is it just me or does Casey look a little like Dave on Miami? Have I already said that? :lol: Casey could probably do a country rock album or something. He did a really good job IMO. I liked it better than last week. and I'm not just saying that cause he's attractive and sang a song by the oh so hot Keith Urban. :lol: I genuinely liked it. :) He made the song his own and did it really well. It was kind of safe though. I think I'd like to see him do a Bon Jovi song. Something like Never Say Goodbye or Thank You For Loving Me.

Aaron- Started out really rough, but like Randy said when he hit his power zone, he was pretty good.

Toderick- I thought he did a pretty good job. One of my top faves of the night.

Michael- Nice voice, but I'm Geni on this one. I don't get what was so special about. It didn't do a whole lot for me. Sounded way too much like what you'd hear from a gospel choir. I don't think it warranted Kara in tears. :rolleyes: Shes so overdramatic. :lol:

Speaking of Kara, her comment to Aaron was ridiculous! Just cause he's 16 he shouldn't sing a song about a guy who has kids? That makes no dang sense to me. Glad Simon called her on that. :lol:

Okay, if I had to pick who I think is going home tonight, I'd say for the girls: Paige and Lilly. For the boys: Andrew and Alex. At least that's who I'm hoping it is. I don't care for Alex and Lilly's voices much. Lilly sounds like she's trying to sound too much like Cyndi Lauper and there is only one Cyndi Lauper and no one can do that kind of voice like her IMO. Seriously Lilly sounded like someone trying to do an impersonation (while drunk or at least a little tipsy) of Cyndi Lauper doing an impersonation of Pasty Cline. Her earrings looked like crocheted pot holders. Odd style. But I bet it'll probably catch on now. :lol:

Well, I just felt bad for Alex there at the end. He looked like he was going to cry. I'd much rather Andrew gone than him, but oh well. I can't believe they voted Todderick off though. he was my third fave. :lol: I'm glad Lilly's gone. Kaitlin, was just okay when she sang the other day, so I'm not super surprised she got voted off. I think though based on the performances on tuesday night it should have been Paige, but that's just me.

I agree with Geni, I think Crystal could take the crown. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back