American Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I just say this before I post the story... :lol: :lol: :lol: okay done now.

DeGeneres says Cowell is `meaner than I thought'

LOS ANGELES – Ellen DeGeneres, the newest judge on "American Idol," says Simon Cowell is "meaner" than she thought.

Cowell, Randy Jackson, Kara DioGuardi and various guest judges kicked off the ninth season of the Fox singing competition last month. DeGeneres begins her stint Tuesday night.

In a video posted on the show's Web site, DeGeneres says Cowell is "actually meaner than I thought. It's hard to listen to him tell people things and for me not to go, `You poor thing!'"

Cowell has announced that he's leaving "Idol" after this season. Paula Abdul left over a salary dispute.

DeGeneres says no one has given her advice on judging — "they're just letting me do what I want to do."

I did read that Simon couldn't stand Ellen, [who doesn't like Ellen?] well tonights the night we'll be able to see for ourselves:rolleyes: And this morning I saw a quick clip of "The View" and Whoopi asked the audience how many wanted Stern on "AI", two people stood up, then she asked how many didn't want him and all the rest of the audience stood up:shifty:

My take on Ellen is she surprised me by how serious she is:wtf:I thought she'd be a laugh a minute, but I really only giggled when she talked about that guy who she stated "was like a stalker, and there's a thin line between scary and sexy":lol: other then that pretty focused on the judging aspect. Those groups singing YUK, some good mostly bad. I don't think it's fair to enforce them singing with others, when maybe their better alone:confused: And on Ellen's hair, I don't like her too short hair cut, she looks lke a boy. It used to be so cute. Here's a review about her performance on the show~

ALL ABOUT ELLEN

Those things you heard about Simon and Ellen not getting along are just rumours. She's made fun of them on her show before.

As for her judging, I was surprised too. She was pretty serious with just a few funny comments (that still told the singer whether they were good or not). I was glad though, I know a lot of people were sceptical of her being on the show because she's funny, and they didn't think she'd take it serious enough. I didn't want her to prove everyone right about that because I'm an Ellen fan. :p I loved when she was telling everyone to step forward then back and to the side then back and forward really fast, then said they all went through. Simon was like "Sadist". :lol:

Also I don't get why we're talking about her hair :lol:, but I like it better short.

P.S. This from Destiny's link made me laugh:

Cowell, Randy Jackson, Kara DioGuardi (KEHR'-uh dee-oh-GWAR'-dee)
Love how they need to show us how to pronounce her name. xD

Last edited:
Well, we're down the the finalists 24, of them. it's hard to tell this early, I don't even know their names yet:confused: I did think it was a bit much when Kara held that one contestant on her lap:rolleyes: and then told her "she didn't make it", and so much crying:brickwall: So we'll see~

On last night's show, the 12 girls were featured, We all heard the judges opinions, these are mine. First the opening with Ellen and Simon, hilarious. How she didn't want to sit next to him anymore because he was "putting the moves on her":lol: and saying "it's not gonna happen" then had fake film to prove it. Him putting his hand on her leg under the table, he even laughed:lol:

PAIGE Really good, lots of soul Singing "It's Alright Now" good performance~

ASHLEY So, so, not great~

JANELLE Singing Ann Wilson's version of "What About Love" which she fractured, no one can sing that like Ann, nor should attempt it. She doesn't have the range. embarassing:(

LILLY Decent version of the Beatles "Dark Hole" she's unique, and might be the dark horse~

KATELYN Another Beatles song "Oh, Darling" good and right on key~

HALEY YIKES, another Beatles song, "I Want Go Hold Your Hand" I didn't even recognize this standard, she was screaming, not good~

LACEY Doing "Landside" by Stevie Nicks, I was cringing, also don't try and sing a "Fleetwood Mac" song it was awful~

MICHELLE Good, perfect pitch singing Alicia Keys~

DI DI Medicore and boring:rolleyes:

SIOBHAN "I Don't Want To Fall In Love" Pretty voice actually perfect pitch, a haunting song~

CHRYSTAL Not sure about her yet, good and different, kinda of reminded me of a latter day hippie, and the harmonica different~

KATIE Good, really wailed, but only 17 and singing an older song [forget the name]~

Tonight the guys are on~

i haven't been watching American Idol but i caught the eliminations last night and that girl who sang "Happy" by Leona Lewis..... what the hell was she thinking?! seriously not even Kelly Clarkson could sing that song as great as Leona (and i am saying this as a die hard KC fan). my mom told me that Simon said she picked the wrong song, good for him. when the girl sang it after she got the boot and i heard it.... good ridence she got the boot.

My review from AI with all the guys~ no Adam Lambert here:(

TODRICK Singing "Since You've Been Gone" by The Cars, was run of the mill, generic and not original and OK voice~

AARON "Rascal Flatts. OK again, he needs more confidence in himself, not thrilling an OK voice~

JERMAINE I liked him, good voice very soulful "Get Here If You Can"

TOM Singing 'Apologize' OK again, but sounded like a million other singers, not unique~

JOE Another run of the mill singer and he was a bit off key, to me~

TYLER "American Woman" by the "Guess Who", horrible he was yelling:scream:

LEE He was good, powerful tone and was unique~

JOHN "God Bless The Child", GEEZ, just so-so, and not a good song for him, no passion~

MICHAEL Good-nice performance, he seemed to really be loving what he was doing, nice personailty~

ALEX OK, good tone, and a bit different has potential~

CASEY The cute one. he's got a good voice and star quality~

ANDREW He's good, and has a nice pleasing voice and a good aura~

THis is a tough one the girls were better than the guys, and even they were not as good as former seasons:confused:

Last edited:
I don't know them either GNRF I have a little notebook beside me on the couch and jot down a quick review after Ryan introduces them, and they sing. Their all pretty awful next to last year:(

Yeah, I didn't watch Hollywood week any, so I didn't know any of them anyway. The only good/halfway decent auditions I remember are Casey's (they made him take off his shirt- he could use some muscles, but he's still cute lol) and the girl who said "aero-plane" instead of "airplane". The only other auditions I can remember are the really bad ones. Bikini-guy. LMAO!

forgot to add this in my last post: Will Young's "Leave Right Now" played for the elimination song.... OMG!!!! i nearly freaked out i love that song! i remember when it was released a few years ago i was so excited for it. i hope this is the emlinination song this year so maybe he can perform it in the finale.

'American Idol's' Simon Cowell and Mezhgan Hussainy are engaged

The rumors have been flying for a few weeks, and he's still keeping quiet, but we can say with a pretty fair degree of certainty that "American Idol's" Simon Cowell is engaged.
Citing "multiple insiders," Us Weekly says it's confirmed that Cowell and Mezhgan Hussainy, a makeup artist on the FOX juggernaut, will be tying the knot. This just nine days after the magazine debunked a story that Cowell had popped the question.
The confirmation doesn't come from Cowell himself, though; his rep tells the magazine, "Simon does not discuss his private life."

Cowell dated "Extra" correspondent Terri Seymourfor several years, but after they broke up, he brought the 36-year-old Hussainy as his date to his 50th birthday party in London last fall. His publicist and friend Max Clifford told Us last week that while Cowell denied he and Hussainy were engaged, they were definitely "an item."
Hussainy has also told RadarOnline that she and Cowell are engaged.
Cowell said in a recent U.K. TV interview with his "Britain's Got Talent" cohort Piers Morgan that Hussainy is "the one."
"She's very special," he said. "You know when you've found somebody very special."

Source: Zap2it.

This was the guys night, was supposed to be the 'girls', but one contestant fell ill, so they'll have the girls tonight~ A brief analysis of my opinions~

MICHAEL Sang "This Is A Man's World" a old James Brown song. He did it excellently, good job, he's got soul, and sang it right on key and a good version of the original~

JOHN Sang "Gravity" by John Mayer. I liked it OK, but he's got no pazazz, while singing, kinda of blah~

CASEY "I Dont' Wanna' Be" Too loud and rowdy, and way too much guitar, which he can play, fantastic, but it's a singing contest~

ALEX "Nobody Really Knows" Pretty smooth & pleasant, but run of the mill, better than last week~

TODERICK "What's Love Got To Do With It" by Tina Turner. OK version, nobody can sing this like her. Not thrilling~

JERMAINE "What's Going On" Marvin Gaye, old tune. Nice and smooth, I liked him~

ANDREW I also like him, but didn't recognize this song. Ellen said " I like you so much, I'm going to get a tattoo of you on my neck":lol:

AARON "My Girl" so ancient. So so, a copy-cat type not outstanding just OK~

TIM OK, he sounded like eveyone else, not original

LEE "Lips Of An Angel" A unique tone, kind of raspy, but good and different, but was a little off key~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back