American Idol

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ziggystarduzt, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

Simon said that if he wins he's not comming back for the next year.

2. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

[​IMG]
    Oh the Hair!

3. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

As long as AI, "Rock Star: Whoever", etc. base their results on a popular vote, it's not gonna be about talent. Those days are history, my friends. The only guarantee for the best singer is probably that they don't have a hope in hell of winning.

I don't watch AI but I've seen video of some of the various singers elsewhere. Poor Sanjaya. He's not bad enough to be the second coming of William Hung, but not good enough to be a legitimate contender on this show. With some decent training, he could actually be good - but he needs that "polishing" to have any kind of real future as a singer. But when your superior singers start dropping like flies to the vote - witness Jennifer Hudson and Chris Daughtry - it can't be taken seriously anymore. (Or when RS:INXS booted Ty Taylor, or RS:Supernova didn't hand the position to either Storm Large or Magni on a silver platter...)

My prediction? The internet/phone imps are going to keep Sanjaya in this thing to the bitter end. Simon Cowell? Relinquish the only reason he's ever had to be famous? I'm not sure about that, but if he does, the show's in its last days. Popular vote in AI, like in the NBA All-Star Game (two-time MVP Steve Nash and this year's top contender for MVP Dirk Nowitzki were overlooked by the fans for Tracy McGrady - ?!?! - and Kevin Garnett, and had to be selected as reserves by the coaches) means the best aren't necessarily going to get their due. Too bad. It's a hyper-cynical world out there. Cynicism can be a downward spiral. Grab a life jacket...

4. hot4jontogo

hot4jontogo Rookie

im from canada ... and i did canadian idol a couple years ago. american idol is a lot better ... in canada its not taken as seriously. its sorta a joke here. :( i wish we could be more like american idol!!

5. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

Goodbye Chris Sligh.

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I am part of vote for the worst. Its a pretty funny place, and we look at AI as the entertaining reality show that it is. Plus its funny to starve that crazy girl... :devil:

7. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

I am really gonna miss curly. I thought it was awesome when he was singing and when he got to Phil he was like "You owe me 50 bucks" :lol: I also think him and his wife are adorible together.

But some good Cake action going on :D

8. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

jazzfan, could you please add a little more content to your replies? Actually, it doesn't only apply to your last post here, but everywhere in General TV & Media. Thanks.

9. Missing

Missing Pathologist

So Simon has said that if Sanjaya wins that he is going to quit doing AI. And someone had said on TV that America would pick Simon over Sanjaya ---I'm thinking probably not. There was alot of controversy over the attitude of him with the auditions and how mean he was, so maybe Americans are sick of him.

The problem with Sanjaya winning would be that he himself has stated that he cannot sing that well. He seems to be enjoying the publicity (hence the hair) and is having fun but he would have done better with being in a boy band--like N'sync type.

10. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

Sanjaya really came through last night. How savvy was that? I really think it was one of the better performances.

11. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

As you can see what my new fandom is :lol: with the siggy and icon.

Holy sex Blake was sexxy last night, i never realized how long his hair was. But what J-Lo said that singers should make people feel something well i am pretty sure i was like tingly after Blake :lol:

And dont get me started on tonights episode: Blake and Chris little dance and then the look they gave each other and when Chris pulled Blake near ;) and the CakeShake!

12. jazzfan

jazzfan CSI Level Two

Bye, Bye, Legs!

Next week is Country night. Eeek, that really sounds
    scary.

13. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I LOVE Blake Lewis! He's just sooo awesomly awesome! When he sang on Tuesday I swear I was jumpin up and down and squealing like some crazed fan girl. I love his beat boxin and and and he's just awesome.

I'm still a little upset that Gina had to go. The rockers never win!

I'm sorry but I'm glad Haley is gone I oculdn't stand her and I don't like Lakisha either. My two fav's are Blake and Melinda!!

Country week? Oh man I'm a little scared about that. But oh well we shall see what happens.

And Csikicksurass, have I told you how much I love your banner! Cake Shake god love it!

14. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

You did lol.

Cake is so my it couple right now. I even have my screensaver set to a file of Cake pics ;)

...Hell i even write Cake fic :lol:

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

The money here in Vegas is on Melinda ;) she's muli-talented can sing anything with such conviction and switches gears so easily .. I thought that Phil would go, and I like Blake too!! here's a little joke from Conan O' Brien on Sanjaya

Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest recently traveled to one of the poorest villages in Africa to visit with the children. The first thing they asked is "What's the frickin' deal with that Sanjaya" :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.