~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Finch, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wibble

wibble Corpse

Re: Canadian Thread #4

Oh dear...the first time I saw your post and read it, I thought it said "what do you think about the ROMP guy resigning?" :eek: :p *yawns* Sorry, it's morning here and don't have my glasses with me.

I agree with those who have said they'd rather die of dehydration in the ocean. Not keen on going in a lard factory :lol:

2. Palm

Palm Coroner

^ [Tilts head] ROMP?
    OH! I get it. But not really D: Too early.

I have no idea what's going on with the RCMP. I mean, that's our police right? Because I like the police XD They ignore me when i'm asking stupid questions like "Is Prison really like that TV show Oz? Have you ever seen a duck fly into a helicopter?! Why are my shoes different colors!@?" and they're all like "....Um. Here. This a red ball. Why don't you play with it."
    Then they slowly walk away from me.

Oh, and I randomly said lard factory because I was watching Family Guy. So... blame it for my lack of concentration D:

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Oh Geni, when I read that, I laughed so hard. Did you by any chance get that from 'Talking to Americans'??
    I was totally going to say ocean, because lard factory just sounds disgusting... but after reading that, I may have to change my answer :lol:

As for RCMP guy, I've heard about it, but I don't know the whole story yet, so I'll have to reserve judgment. I am looking forward to the next new episode of House, though ;)

Great questions, Palm

4. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

*bails onto the floor in laughter* I remember seeing Mercer do that "Talking to American's" thing! 'Peter Mans-Bridge'. 'Prime Minister Horton'. 'Prime Minister Jean Crouton'. :lol: I was in stitches.. I love Mercer.

Well, Zacardelli resigned, so we don't have to worry about him in the RCMP now.. It's just finding a new "big cheese" and getting this whole ordeal worked out. It's sad that I partially watch the news every night.. >.>

And I would die of dehydration in the ocean. Plain 'n Simple.

5. Dragonfly

Yeah, Mercer is great. I loved 'Talking to Americans' so much... especially since my best friend is a Texan :lol:

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Actually, I didn't. :lol:

Wouldn't you at least try fishing or something to pass the time? Count some stars? :lol:

*passes canteen and hopes for the best*

7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I think it will be a long time before the answers come out about Zacardelli resigning. That's if we ever get the answers. Last night on the news they mentioned looking outside the RCMP for a new boss because of the mess they're in. Time will tell in both fronts.

Just the thought of a lard factory grosses me out so I guess dehyrdation would be the way to go for me. I've never been a fan of Rick Mercer's shows. I know they are popular but I could never get into them. Now give me Wayne and Shuster or the Royal Canadian Air Farce any time

8. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

I would rather be in the ocean because I absolutely love the water...even though I live in the prairies...not by choice though.
    The RCMP guy...hmmm. I think that if what ever he did was serious enough for him to make the front page of the Calgary Sun, he should definately be gone. Still, not quite sure what he did.
    And yes, I for one am looking forward to the new House episode. Next to CSI and Criminal Minds, it's my favorite show!

9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

well, you die of thirst before hunger so ill go with being in the ocean :lol:
    i dont know whats up with this rcmp guy, can anyone give me a brief overview?
    and rick mercer is my favourite canadian ever! i was watching his show a few weeks ago where he was in a demolition derby. when he went in the car he said 'if i die dont let them sign me up for the liberal party!' :lol: and when he came to guelph he had his hand up a cow over at the vet school. i pretty much died laughing.
    my favourite talking to americans moment? 'congratulations canada on legalizing insulin!' um, we invented it :lol: banting came from my hometown in london! wee!

10. Dragonfly

My favorite talking to americans moment when Mercer was asking their opinions on something like 70% of 7th grade students in Canada can't find their home state on a map, and this one woman was saying how terrible it was, and her little boy (like 8 or so) said, mom, they don't have states in canada, they have provinces! :lol:
    allmaple, you're from London? I have family there!

11. allmaple

allmaple Judge

that little boy was awesome!
    and yep, ill be back in london next week after my last exam :D i live about 5 minutes away from uwo. we can even hear the people at saugeen (voted worst residence in canada :lol:) when they get out of hand on weekends :eek:
    i also loved when conan was in canada. one of my friends got to go and i was super jealous! my favourite was when he was at the border and stopped the guy who had snow on his hood 'were you aware you were trying to smuggle this into canada? do you really think canada needs more snow and ice?' :lol: genius.

12. Dragonfly

Ah yes, illegal snow. :lol:
    Hmm... I was in London this summer... not for very long, mind you, but I was there. I was also in Guelph this summer, where I have other family (some of that family teaches at the univerity). Actually, I have family spread out all over everywhere.

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I found an interesting video on 'Youtube' about a group of people who went all over the US, asking Americans to name at least three Canadian provinces. :lol:

It was hilarious. Video

allmaple, I LOVED when Conan was in Canada! He wore the red RCMP outfit. :lol:

14. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

*pops in* Today in Ontario we had a snow day! :D There was soo much snow in one place, that when some guy was walking in it, the snow went up to his chest. :eek: London was completely shut down for the morning. But hey, I didn't have to go to school. :p

Geni, I'm trying to watch the American video thing but my computer is being slow with loading it. :rolleyes: My friend told me one time these American guys were on a talk show or something, and they said that if you go to Canada, you need a parka and you stay in igloos. :lol: They are so clueless. It's funny. :p

15. Dragonfly

I couldn't get the video to load past 2 minutes. I'll try again later, it looks good.

I remember watching Jay Leno once, and he was interviewing some Canadian (don't remember who), and they mentioned smarties, and Jay said 'what are those?' it was so sad. I like smarites better than m&m's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.