~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, how do you describe the awesomeness that is tim hortons... let me put it this way, id sell my soul for a blueberry fritter. imagine the most deliciously glaze covered, jelly filled piece of fried dough and its better than that. dont even get me started on boston creams or sour cream glazed :lol:
i think they put crack or something in the dough. youll eat a donut somewhere else and be like 'meh, its no timmies'
cant comment on the coffee, but ice caps are frozen deliciousness. and i can pack away like 30 timbits in one sitting :lol: on two occaisions ive gone to get a snack pac (20 timbits) but apon leaving the store there were about 40 in there! :eek: i guess the guy behind the counter really liked my friend and i...

wibble said
but sounds like the Canadian equivalent of somewhere like...Millie's perhaps, here in the UK? or Thorntons? :confused:

Well Thorntons is more of a confectionary shop right? They sell chocolates? And Millie's is a cookie/muffin kind of place, right?

Well Tim Horton's is more like an American version of Dunkin' Donuts or Crispy Creme's. They sell coffee, doughnuts, muffins, cakes, soups, sandwhiches, bagels, etc.

And like maple said, they must put crack in their food. :lol: It's so addicting.

Damn maple, not you too. Im drooling all over the place. LOL. I might just get a fritter tomorrow.

Have at 'em wibbs. I'll just munch on my Cadbury Mini Eggs, er..I mean celery sticks :p

lol....and now you had to go and mention the mini eggs. that would be my downfall. and im in agreement that they put crack or some addictive chemical in their food...i mean, i had a double chocolate donut today and i wanna go back for more. oh well theres always tomorrow.

Mini eggs are my weakness too. Well, one of my more innocent ones anyway :devil:...

I have a general question for everyone here. Am I the only one here that doesn't have British heritage. Well, besides allmaple cause I know she's Polish...right :lol:? The reason I'm asking is cause I know Canada is full of British people & I'm just wondering if the same goes for this thread. Just wondering...

greekpride.gif

Shelbers said:
lol ok fine so you dont like the swedish...more for me. lol. oooh yeah niittymaki is nice...i like markkanen...hes a sweetie too. oh and miiko (sp?) koivu. hey.....the buffalo sens game is on tonight :) (forgive me i only get certain channels at dorm and this is a good thing) lol.

Mikko Koivu :D Ah yes, Saku has been always my fave... have his autograph even :D I have Niittymäki's (Anza as we call him here) jersey from his old team (in Finland)... Jussi Jokinen is my relative :D (and *cough* not so pretty) Tuomo Ruutu is cute as well :D
Anyways, it's in my genes that I can't like Swedes :p

Meh, I always try to bump up hockey thread and then there is no life :(

And Geni! You've been seen in Misc! Now sit down and don't run away!

^
^
Which one's older, Saku or Mikko..?

jorja, my mum's half Irish (I think there's some French thrown in here too) and half British. My dad's full Scottish. Im more Scot than anything, the freckles, auburn hair, quick temper. LOL.

Im just a big ol' white mutt :lol:

aw jorja you remembered :lol:
as far as i can tell theres no british in my family. polish, german, spanish on dads side and german, french canadian on moms side. i say french canadian because they came to quebec 300 years ago ;) :lol: and then my grandpa and some of his siblings were the first ones to leave quebec in all that time :eek:

..Ugh. All of this talk of food is making me sick.
[Insert Palm with a horrendous Flu]

But I shall prevail! Right after I die, which I feel like doing. Anyhoo. I wanted to pop in because Jorja said 'Mini Eggs' and I remembered why Easter is my favourite holiday :3

i have another reason for you....
my birfday is on easter sunday this year! maybe ill ask for a cake made of mini eggs and cream eggs. mmmmm artery clogging goodness *drools*
i was late leaving for school this morning so i really had to move fast. usually takes me 18-20 minutes but i got here in 14. may not seem like much, but when the sidewalk plows came (only once a few weeks ago!!) they did a really crappy job. so i had to manuever around snow drifts. at least it warmed up to like -8 today. wow, only a canadian can say warmed up to -8 :lol:

Ok, so now I've got this conspiracy theory... you guys are all secret Tim Horton's representatives, planted in strategic locations around the internet, impersonating your 'friendly, neighbourly Canadian" but really your sole purpose is to implant an irresistable craving for doughnuts and coffee in the mouths/stomachs of the nation. :lol: :p

Because seriously. I could really go for some doughtnuts and coffee right now. And usuallly the only time that craving comes up is after visiting this thread. It's a genius marketing scheme, I tells ya. :p

So, in conclusion: Best way to sell goods and/or services: Go to a crowded area and loudly announce "Mmmmmm, I could really go for some *insert product name here* right about now... I've been craving it for weeks." It'll put the idea in people's heads, and they too will start flocking to your business. :D

Question:

Has anyone ever imbarresed them in both L.A classes, here is my story *The bump bump from Law and Order*

It was a normal class i was doing my work when the phone rang. It was my sister calling for 20 bucks, i said yes and i put the phone down. I take a step and *Bang* i tripped on the phone cord and knocked the phone down off the shelf i cover my mouth in shock "Crap" i said after a couple secounds which made them all laugh. I have my luch and go to home room then back to L.A. 5 mins left of the class my teacher reads my SA to her self and she said "This is so fantasic it makes me want to cry" *I put my head on the desk "It's so crisp and clean and the words you used it in, it really makes me want to cry" by that time the whole class is watching and i moan because i cant stand it when people are THAT nice to me!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

And now you know the rest of the story.

Wow thats like 3 copy rights :lol:

wow, ive missed alot...guess thats what 4 tests (3 being midterms) in 2 days does to a person. but the weekend is FINALLY here!!

Palm I hope you get to feeling better before the weekend's over! :)

ok Maple, the miniegg/cream egg birthday cake.....talk about sugar overload.....but it would be SO good! and -8??? Gosh id give anything for -8....its like -17 here *shivers* ive been freezing all day.

ok Jorja I've got Ukrainian, French-Canadian, Scottish, German, English in me. But the most would have to be Ukrainian (as my maternal great-grandma immigrated to Canada from Ukraine).

Ducky, I shall have to find this Hockey thread you speak of....I'd be there in a heartbeat. I've met a lot of the Oilers (thanks to a WishTrip) and have most of their autographs including a signed stick and puck (i actually caught the puck, and for me that was the most shocking part of the story :lol:) from Jarret Stoll. Oh and I did have a relative (though I use the term loosly as I've never met him) in the NHL....my 4th cousin used to play (a few years ago) with the Wild and the Thrashers.

ok and quickbeam your theory is so true. lol. people show up in class with slushies and there i am after class headed to get one. :lol: and that was when it was -5...which is practically tropical right now. lol. and yesterday when i was grocery shopping with my friend, she was craving chips so of course the idea was planted in my head and i was buying chips too.

eeek ok now that ive bored you all to pieces (sorry) gonna go find this hockey thread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back