~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Canadian Thread #4

^ lgkjdfhn.... Food... ~D:

LAWL. Anyone ever see the show 'Mantracker'? Man, if I wasn't so popped up from Muffins, I'd totally take that challenge. I'd lose, but I'd be fun.

[Flattens like El Pancake] Apparently Newfoundland is going to have some 140 Km winds. Ouch. I know that in the mountains near Hinton is gets to 200 Km [Insert Barrels rolling down mountain which did squish a truck once] So, I feel for you guys in Newfoundland! FEEEEEEEEL! THE CANADIAN MASCOT WILL SEND YOU TIM HORTONS IF IT GETS RLY BAD!

But no flavored. That costs extra D:

Oooh, I'm glad the whole 'public transit' topic came up... I've actually been wondering what it's like in other cities. I had a brief phase of "I'm totally moving to Calgary as soon as I can," and asked my brother a million and one questions about transit there, and he wasn't really sure.

After hearing your guys's stories, though, I'm starting to think Saskatoon Transit is maybe not too bad. Buses are generally a little late, and I've missed transfers because of it, and it's sometimes hard to get to specific places... but on the upside, it's usually fairly empty.

Here they run every half hour from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and then once every hour from 6:00 p.m. until just after midnight. Adult monthly pass costs 60-ish bucks, regular fare is $2.25. How does this compare to everywhere else? I'm really quite curious. :)

Oh, and now I'm really hungry too. :p *goes to look for something to zap in the microwave*

^ WTF. Why does everyone have cheaper bus passes?

Mine costs $100 Monthly. And it's crap because only 4 buses go into Spruce Grove. In the Morning, at 6:19, 6:49, 7:19, and 7:49. At Night, 3:56 (NAIT BUS SPECIALNESS), 4:01, 4:30, 5:00, 5:30. That's it!

It's so frickin' dumb. And every single bus is packed full. We're in there like sardines. I'm thinking of complaning to the Spruce Grove city council again to put another bus in during the morning. Because it's retarded how packed it gets and how all these people have to stand.

And When we're waiting at NAIT (Like, 30 of us), we see like, bus after bus after bus going past us saying "NORTHGATE", "ABBOTSFIELD", "NORTHGATE" "MONTROSE". And they come every 15 mintues all the time every day. Yet we're screwed over if we get off at 2:15 from classes. Gawd.

Yeah.. again. Bitterness...

100$....my ETS post secondary pass is only $54/month.
and yeah ETS bussing isnt the greatest but its a lot better than the LRT here.

lol, i remember the first time i used edmontons LRT during rush hour....hardly packed at all. well hardly packed compared to the callgary LRT at rush hour like i was used to. Calgary's bussing is virtually non-existent but theur C-Train (their name for LRT) is frickin asweome. It gets you basically anywhere in the city....u just have to be willing to get yourself to the station. lol. if they merged the greatness of the C-Train and the awesomeness of the ETS bussing system the public transit would rock.

oh and Palm , i do NOT miss the hinton winds. I my house was surrounded by trees...but we couldn't touvh them since it was mill land (grr). so everytime a bad windstorm came aroud i was always slightly scared that we'd have trees on our house. the winds in lethbridge are also a force to be reckoned with...worse than the hinton winds.

my bus pass is part of my tuition, and i think its about $50 per semester. i dont know how we get it so cheap.

i finally got a copy of bon cop bad cop where the subtitles worked! great canadian movie, if you dont mind movies with subtitles i recommend it.

I've seen that movie, and it was really great. :D

However I didn't need the subtitles, but I guess that's what happens with a french immersion education. :p I'd recommend it to anyone as well! A lot of comedic relief in the movie. :) (Well besides the fact that it's supposed to be funny, but there were some great dramatic moments as well.)

yeah i havent had any french in 4 years, would have been pretty lost :lol: although i did enjoy the lesson in the movie about quebecois swearing :D might have to watch that again to get all the tips.... :lol:

I dont take the bus alot, the most i do is when my dad is at work so he cant drive us. I wouldn't know about bus passes since my dad is like the taxi driver in the house =P

^
^
Same here :lol:

But I do take the bus home from school everyday and it bloooows. Cause it's busy and I usually have to wait a super long time for it. And it's freeeeeeezing out now!

^^^^ Okay, um... the LRT is freaking amazingly scary to me. I was on the LRT bridge that crosses the North Saskatchewan after Canada Day and it went overtop. The entrie bridge starts swinging and I swear we were all gonna die. And ever since then, I refuse to go near the LRT. =|

Man D: Lethbridge. I only wanna live there because it's warm. My friend was telling me how in Calgary there waiting for their snow and I almost went ballistic and punched the computer. I did break the computer chair though, but it was half broken anyways. But... AUGH. I think Edmonton should switch weather with Calgary AND THEN WE'LL SEE WHO'S LAUGHING! AHAHAHAHAHA.

For your Emmy consideration: Palm.

I hate the snow, it's bad enough that i have to walk home after school in it but i miss doing...well i miss it. I miss wearing short sleaves outside without being looked at by all. Cant believe theres a kid at are school who wears shors (Like the man shorts not mini haha) all year round. I dont think he has feeling in his legs.

Please let it be smarch (And simpsons fan would get that from a Tree House of Horror episode :lol:)

^ XD Smarch. The 13th Month. Aaahhh... Smarch.
Yeah, um, there's a kid I saw at NAIT in his shorts and I was like "... NO WAY."

I think they come from "The Shorts Kids" who only believe in the power of shorts. They try to desensitize themselves from the cold to show their superior sense of being truly Canadian. They migrate to edmonton from Siberia to show us up. The only way to approach them is to NOT say anything about the shorts, avoid that topic all together, and try saying something encouraging like "Freshen' You'r Drink, Gov'nor?" or the alternative "Hey, Mon! You Want sum Sunglasses?!"

^ :lol: Oh mi gawd that hilarious. But yes, I went shopping yesterday & I accidently bumped into this man. Normally I wouldn't share a story like this but because the topics of shorts were brought up I had to. Anyway, I look down & he's wearing these shorts that are thisclose to being short shorts. They expose his hairy, chicken legs. Mind you it was raining out with snow everywhere so that experience blew my mind. Then again, maybe he's one of those people who never feel cold :eek:. I had to turn away. It was just...bleh. Reminded me too much of Borat :eek:.

Chicken legs, that sounds like the boys gym teacher/my last year homeroom teacher :lo:

Men in short shorts really really bother me, i always think that they are off to the roller disco, for some reason i always picture men in red short shorts. *Shivers* In winter time they are two kinds of crazy.

Hi all im new to this thread! I am a full blooded canadian! lol well actually not full blooded i was born in Canada.

So what y'all talk about in this thread? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back