~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Canadian Thread #4

It really really does. I have to stand out in the -30 weather to wait for a bus to school since I don't drive yet. we're all bundled up in our scarves and mitts and jackets and stuff, freezing our butts off.
Hey guys, can I ask you all a favour? I'm doing a petition for my social action project, I'm gonna post the link, but it would be really great if you could all check it out. I'm writing to the government about getting stricter penalties on pedophiles. Thanks.
Petition, please sign

DragonflyDreamer said:
-40? That's nothing. I have to walk part way to work in -50 today because I don't have enough money to take a cab :(
Canadian weather sucks.

-50c? Strange because Canada weather what I saw today, coldest places were only around -33c.

Or you mean with windchill?

ETA: nevermind, found my answer in Weather thread :p

Yesterday with the windchill it was around -49C. *shivers* And the thing I hate about Alberta weather, is that our winters are so brutal. They're very dry and very cold. It took me two hours to shovel the driveway because it was so windy that the snowdrifts flew all over the driveway, leaving two feet of snow to shovel. :rolleyes:

I figured I'd better get to it before 1)It snows again 2)My dad has a heart attack trying to shovel it.

Today it wasn't so bad though. It's -19C and maybe minus -25C with he windchill. Still icy as hell out there though. Oh! One good thing that came out of the snow, is that it covers the back of our truck so the photo radar can't catch us. :p

You guys talking about -40* make me seem that Edmonton is Texas, the coldest it has been was -32-35* i think. Boy i really wish i was in Texas right now, their cold is like are summer/falls which would make me laugh because they will be freezing and i will be used to it and i will only be wearing a jumper *Take that Hank Hill*

...But on the other hand when they are walking around with short sleave i will be in a tub of ice *_*

It's currently -5 here, with lots of snow sticking to the ground. Yesterday when I was walking to classes yesterday from my house I slipped on a patch of ice. Well, I used my hands to break my fall & now my right hand has three cuts. I also scraped my right knee & now there's this *huge* bruise. It was certainly an awkward situtaion as there were many people around. But yes, damn snow :mad:. Then I saw my icon & everything became better :lol:.

^ Le Gasp! I fell too! But I hit someone and now I have a vendetta on me. Du-hurr. Like he really knows where I live.

Kicky, it's hit -40 here. BELIEVE ME. Standing down waiting for a bus to come during those days, YOU REMEMBER. On an unrelated note, the tempeture right now is -19. DIES.

XD The fight already happened. I did a cheap shot and punched him in the near-groin. Then screamed because my hand almost touched his junk. He won when I was washing my hands and backhanded me. It was not pretty and I swear vendetta on him.

Vendetta's for everyone! [Party]

Hi all! *waves* I know I've been absent from the Canadian Thread since #2, but I was feeling especially patriotic today, so here I am. :D

So, I live in Saskatoon, and we had that huge-ass blizzard here too on Wednesday... it was pretty much the biggest blizzard in who knows how long. Basically the entire city just shut down. All the highways around the city were closed, and many of the major streets within the city too. A drive through town that would usually take 10 minutes took like 2 hours. I was this close *holds up fingers close together* to having to spend the night at the university. :lol: It was pretty frickin' crazy. :D

My dad e-mailed this link to me this morning... you guys might have already heard about it... it's pretty crazy... Fraud Alert. It's actually a pretty good scam, except for the fact that the Department of Finance isn't going to e-mail you about major tax-like stuff. But I could see falling for it. Craaaazy.

*craves Tim Horton's doughnut*

ETA: Current temp here right now is -22, but only -32 with the windchill. Not bad, eh? ;) Although apparently last night at 10:00 it was -34 with windchill of -47. *shiver*

Yay i love Vendetta's, i am always the sweet nice one at school that everyone loves like George Michael and i dont get in fights with any of my friends, i never knew what one felt like before.

Ha Palm it's funny, my mom is one of those moms who doesn't like their kids getting a cold so she keeps them off school on those days so i dont know what you're talking about *Points and laughs* i remember in November i left mine and my friends shoes out in the cold and snow for 2 hours and we had to walk to the bus, that was fun pretty much jumping their to keep warm and people thinking that you have to go to the bathroom.

Yay so glad to have you back quickbeam_cw *Hands you a beaver, a permit of a Igloo and a Tims coffee*

^ :0 Omg, then we gotta get you in Vendetta Mode! I'm always screaming 'Vendetta!' at people. But I do look like one of those quiet closet people who'll snap one day. Except I look like I'm gonna snap tomorrow. I love it. That way, I don't have people going up to me going "D'Yknow the time? Cause Your HOT!"
Which actually happened to some girl today waiting for the St. Albert bus. I almost choked on my muffin. Mm. Muffin.

*throws Quickbeam a Muffin* Muffins will stave off the storm! They can build an army of Blueberry men and then be wiped out by the horrific Timbit Army, who's weapon is Tim Hortons Coffee. IN PUCK FORM. OH MY GOD. But the Muffin's have a secret weapon!
The Bran Muffin
[Insert shock and/or awe]
Will the Muffin's of Saskatoon triumph? Will Billy Ever learn who's Baby is really his? And How the hell can coffee come in puck form! All this and more on the next: Global National with Kevin Newman.

Gawd I need a job O___o

Palm said:
*throws Quickbeam a Muffin* Muffins will stave off the storm! They can build an army of Blueberry men and then be wiped out by the horrific Timbit Army, who's weapon is Tim Hortons Coffee. IN PUCK FORM. OH MY GOD. But the Muffin's have a secret weapon!
The Bran Muffin
[Insert shock and/or awe]
Will the Muffin's of Saskatoon triumph? Will Billy Ever learn who's Baby is really his? And How the hell can coffee come in puck form! All this and more on the next: Global National with Kevin Newman.

Gawd I need a job O___o

you don't need a job. lol....cuz then if you need a job then so do i. i love ur sense of humour. i'd laugh but thanks to the brutal cold i have it hurts too much (damn edmonton weather!!) ironic thing is that i am watching "global national with kevin newman" as i read your post.

oh and as for those east of alberta complaining about the blizzard and freezing temps...we had those here in alberta (well parts of alberta) on the weekend. we feel your pain.

Oh man, Palm. I love your brain. It's so shiny and awesome. *g* :D And the answer to the eternal question of "how can coffee come in puck form?" Easy. It's frozen. Because everything else is, too. Sadly, this is not the first time frozen coffee has come up in conversation today.

Oooh, and thanks for the gifts, csikicksurass. :D I shall name the beaver "Bucky."

I drew a beaver for my friend once, it was so depressing because it had like sticks for arms and dots for eyes but she said she loved it :lol:

I dont watch any news or anything but my secret is i love listening to Bob Latin in the mornings before i go to school, i like those opinions shows plus there is this one guy on 6:30 ched that i also like, my dad calls in there alot.

Who here remembers Paul Harvey with "And now you know the rest of the story" we always had to listen to him on are way to school, in the morning it was my dads station and on the car way back from school it was ares. It was the late 90's so i was like 7-9 years old and of course being the 90's every 'hip' chanel of the time was playing the Hampster dance *___* i never want to go back there again.

^ I recognize the Name Paul Harvey, but I don't think I listened to his radio show.
In the mornings, I usually listen to K-Rock to hear the Freakin' Hard Trivia.

LAWL THE HAMSTER DANCE. XDDD I feel so bad for you Kicky!

Please do. The worste thing about it is i can do the voice for the hampster dance and people still ask me to sing it. I dont want to bring up bad memories from that song.

oh! i used to have to listen to paul harvey (i didnt know that was his name) when my dad drove me to band in highschool. there were actually some pretty neat stories.
although anytime in the car with my dad he has cbc radio on. he would always say 'when you drive, you get to pick the station' then when my brother and i started driving he switched it to 'when you pay the insurance, you get to pick the station' :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back