~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Canadian Thread #4

^:lol:
When I went to Boston, and around New England, two summers ago, -I was gone about a month touring that area - I came back to southern Alberta and was practically freezing in mid August!! It was an apparantly super hot summer for us in Alberta, but I was actually wearing pants and a hoody. I love when things like that happen.. cause it kinda makes me grateful (only sometimes!!) that I live in southern Alberta! :lol:

lol. yeah....when i moved from southern alberta to west central (mountain area) alberta, i was freezing my first summer there in pants and hoodys when everyone in town was in shorts and t's so i was the crazy new girl. then the next summer when i went back to southern AB to visit i was dying since i thought it was so hot, when really, +30 is just the beginning of the summer there (as compared to the norm of +45) lol.

Who hasn't gone somewhere warmer and then come back only to be de-canadianized?

Well, I haven't yet, but I'm going to Florida in the summer. I'm sure that'll do it :lol:

lol....florida in the summer, you're brave...i'd die from too much sun and heat. then again the slight sun alergy i have does play into that. :lol: i like my nice central alberta summers of like 25...when it hits 30-35 im finding a basement or an airconditioned building to hide out in. :)

It wasn't my choice to go in the summer... I was hoping for November or something :lol: But... it's cheaper to go in August, so I'm all for that.

florida and southern ontario are about the same temperature in the summer. when we went to destin (on the panhandle) it was about 30 degrees there and back in london. so when we went to the welcome center the guys there were talking to us about being canadian and said we must love the heat there. and my mom told him it had been 32 degrees back home, not thinking about the celsius thing, and the one guy yells out 'oh my gawd!! thats where yall live!!' probably thinking we had snow in the middle of july :lol:

and whenever weve gone to florida over christmas, they have their coldest winter since the last time we were there :lol: my mom thinks its her fault, since the first time she went to florida for christmas in the 70s was the coldest theyd ever had

Palm said:
Who hasn't gone somewhere warmer and then come back only to be de-canadianized?

:lol: Not me. I remember returning back home after a 6 week stay in Europe & as soon as I set foot in the airport I was so upset. I definitely didn't wanna come back home. You go to somewhere like Greece & Italy & there's no comparison. Seriously.

Oh, and if I ever return to Greece or visit France I probably will never, ever come back to Canada :lol:. Cold weather sucks!

I really hope it isn't cold tomorrow. In social are teacher is giving us $3000 of fake money to invest in a comapany and at the end of the month who's ever stalks went higher we win something :D

^^ :lol: Nope. Sorry, but most Italian-Canadians & Greek-Canadians aren't as cool as the ones in Italy & Greece :p. It's my dream to spend my summer in Greece, Italy & France & maybe even fall in love with a local from one of those countries & live there. *sigh* France is next on my list as I've never been, especially Cannes & St.Tropez. Besides, I do know some French after all :lol:.

^ *dies* Gah. I'd die in Italy. I wanna go there so bad to The Vatican City and dork around. And then see all the shops and go crazy. I mean, when your in Italy, and you don't splurge a little, then I BOW to your strength.

Or I'd go down to like... um. Kananaskis. Because Mountains make me go all weirdly zen and actually act normal. While prairie air makes me go "rawrgjhgl! 1.50 for A COFFEE! NO! *froth at mouth*]

OMGHUGEBLIZZARDTOMORROW O___________o

:lol: I think you'll fit right it when you go to Italy. I just have an odd feeling that you'll end up jumping around in the gondala :lol:. But man, if I had the $$$ I'd buy a villa in France & Greece & spend my summers & winters there will staying here in frigging cold Canada :(. You gotta go somewhere else to appreciate Canada though...

I've never been declimatized, because I've never left the country and I've only travelled between BC and Alberta. I wish I could go somewhere nice, like Italy or Frace and all that, but no luck here. My sister went to Disney land (so jealous) but I'm stuck in the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back