AJ Buckley Fan Project

^^yeah, that's right. she will just put it in a protective cover for ya.

the deadline is May 31. :)

Yep, what she said. ;)

Also, if you're mailing something, make sure it's in an envelope that can't get bent. If it can be bent, the mail person in my neighborhood will probably bend it. *scowl*

*bump*

There are still about three weeks to get me a submission, so get on the ball guys! :)

If you really want to participate, but there is a specific reason that you can't, don't hesitate to e-mail me or PM me and let me know. I'll accomodate you as best I can. :)

Just so that you guys know, this scrapbook is definitely getting into AJ's hands. There is no doubt of this. So please know that anything you send me will get to the man himself. Cross my heart. :D

I'm pretty proud of where I live now, so I think I'm going to be sticking a few LA postcards on a sheet of paper and mailing it off!

"Dear AJ, Bet you wish you were here!"

Oh, wait...

:lol: ;)

Okay, I spent like, all day figuring out Photoshop and I'm almost finished with the fan project! :) I'm so excited! It's only 8.5" x 11", which is kinda lame, but I think I did good for my first time doing artsy-Photoshop stuffs.

NO SUBMISSION IS LAME! :lol: I have spoken. :p

It's still not too late, guys! If you want to participate in the project, you have a few weeks to get going and send me something. It doesn't matter if you've never said anything to me about it before--all submissions are welcome! :D

lolz! :lol: But the picture quality isn't what I hoped it would be. My mom says that it's pretty good, but I'm partial OCD, so it's really bugging me. Oh, well, I hope it's good.

:lol: I'm sure AJ will love it. ;)

AJ Fan Project Two-Week Countdown

I'm sending this as a reminder that there are just about two weeks left to get submissions to me for the AJ fan project. That's plenty of time, especially if you're sending an electronic page. If you're doing something that will be sent through the mail, get on it a.s.a.p. so that I will receive it in time.

I'd really like to encourage everyone who expressed interest in the beginning to participate. It would be so fantastic if we could fill up this scrapbook with pages for AJ and show him just how much we enjoy his work on CSI:NY and elsewhere.

It's not too late to get involved. Even if you've never said anything about the project, or if you're just now finding out about it--that's just fine!

If you can't come up with an idea for a scrapbook page based on the theme, don't be discouraged. Make the page whatever you want it to be--and just stick a postcard on it. *lol* This isn't about perfection or having the most ingenious idea--it's just about showing AJ that he has fantastic fans. And I know that he does, because I talk to you guys on a regular basis. :D

For anybody who is feeling particularly creative, you can make an extra page if you'd like. If you have an idea for something that we could do as a group online and then print out and stick in there, that would be great too--whatever you can think of to include in this book would be great. Favorite CSI:NY moments, favorite role other than NY, etc. Two weeks isn't a long time, but I know that sometimes the best ideas come at the last minute.

Also, I'd like to add that, even if you don't want to make a scrapbook page, a simple fan letter is more than welcome. I will put all of the letters together and include them with the scrapbook. If you want to send the letter through the mail, here's an idea: you can put the letter into an envelope addressed to AJ (without an address, just a name) and then stick this down into a second envelope addressed to me. I'll remove the outer envelope and stick the letter into the package as-is. So you don't have to worry about me reading it. ;) This could also go along with the travel theme if you put a stamp on the envelope, etc.

If sending it through the mail is dodgy, you can always e-mail it to me and I'll print it out. I won't be nosy, I'll just look at it well-enough to know that it printed out right. ;) If you write a letter, you can be as creative as you'd like to be. One page or four, fancy font or plain-old Times New Roman, travel-related or just "Hi, I love your work"--anything goes!

Now, I don't think I have to point out that this should be tastefully done. ;) What you say in the letter is nobody's business but yours and AJ's, but remember that it will reflect on the fans as a whole. So while it might be tempting to describe in loving detail how you'd like to, er, polish the Shillelagh stick, that might be best left to the imagination. *lol*

Questions, ideas, problems--hit me with anything! I really want this project to be a hit, because AJ does such a great job on the show, and I'd love for him to really see how much his fans appreciate his hard work. :D

Remember that the deadline is May 31st, and that project guidelines can be found here.

You can leave a message for me there, on TalkCSI or at the e-mail address provided. :D

(This post can also be found on LJ here if you'd like to comment but aren't a member of TalkCSI.)

Thanks for the reminder Fay. My page is ready I just haven't sent it yet...*is a bit embarrassed*. This is the first fan project I've participated in, I really struggled with it! :lol:

I'll try and get to the post office tomorrow to get it sent, and I may post a picture on the board of it later as well. :)

No worries, I just wanted to make sure that I prodded everyone and reminded them that there's only a few weeks left now. :) Even procrastinators must eventually get cracking. (And no, I'm not done with mine yet. *whistles innocently*)

I'll probably send out another reminder in a week, just to let people know they can get last-minute submissions in. Don't hesitate if you want to participate, everyone! ;)

Yeah! I'm *almost* ready to get mine in the mail. Just a few little tweaks (my Photoshop skillz aren't what they used to be), and it will be ready! :)

Back