Add a Bit (Horatio and Rick slash)

And that's when it happened. There was an awful cracking sound from beneath the lovers, followed by a thud, followed by an even louder thud. The lovers were too distracted by their own personal cataclysm to be able to react as their bed seemed to convulse in a terrible shudder and catapulted them to the floor. Fortunately, Horatio landed on the cacti-decorated soft and fluffy shag rug next to their bed, and Rick landed half-standing near the front of the bed. Rick looked at Horatio with wide, wild eyes and his mouth open in shock. Horatio stared at Rick in amazement, noting that his dark-haired colt was now free of the headboard and that part of the bedpost dangled from the handcuffs around his left wrist.

"Aw, Rick I'm NOT going to make any puns now, not at this moment honestly," the redhead said, trying to stifle a bubble of laughter as he looked at his partner and the fractured shaft he was sporting.

"What can I say? We DO have our moments, don't we?" Rick said while he looked with his famous *hangdog expression* on his face at the other part of the handcuff, which still was securely locked around the broken stick of the bedpost; a part that was now hanging loosely from his body like an extension of his arm. Horatio had locked the other cuff on the neck, just below the top of the bedpost, which was shaped like an eight ball.

"Glad we don't have to explain anything to the owner...since that's you, that is your folks I mean.." the ginger haired man quipped and with a mischievous gleam in his bright eyes, led them both into boyish laughter...

"Horatio, I just can't believe this happened," Rick said looking at the collapsed bed and then at his lover.

"I can't either," said the redhead. "Are you OK?"

"Yes, I think so," the brunet said. "I'm glad it happened after we--"

"Me too," smiled the redhead.

"And it was great, Horatio...beyond great. I saw what looked like a tremendous explosion of multi-colored stars this time."

"And I saw it with you," Horatio said. "Come over here so I can unlock that handcuff and make sure you're OK."

Rick walked over to his lover who was lying on the soft rug, propped up by his elbows. "And what about you, Horatio...Are you OK?"

"...I'm... I'm beyond okay; it was... it's never been like this for me EVER...I swear. I don't have the words to describe it..." the ginger haired man spoke softly as he was blushing and smiling, as well as ducking his head as he removed the silver necklace from around his neck and used the key to unlock the handcuffs. "Thank you...for everything, for your love, for your trust- I didn't know it was possible to love someone and NEED someone so very much as you have made me love and need YOU...Rick..." Horatio's eyes had an otherworldly shine to them from inside his soul all the way out, a feeling that was palpable to Rick as he eased into the caress of Horatio's hand on his neck and face.

"Oh... I left a mark again too," he lowered his head as he saw the love bite on Rick's neck. "I...had promised myself not to...after the fierceness of the bites from the last time...but...I what you DO to me... I couldn't help myself..." his azure eyes turned soft and vulnerable at his beloved.

"I see I left my markings too," Rick put out a sensitive finger to his lover's shoulder making sure not to touch the love bite there. "... I tend to worry because your skin...so creamy, white and tender...I don't want a thing to happen to it EVER..." Rick's voice was as caring as can be.

"Let's blame the caramel and the cinnamon...not ourselves okay, my darkling angel?" the amber in Rick's brown eyes twinkled and danced as they gazed deeply into the face and body of the man he loved. Horatio responded with a gentle nod and then extended his hand.

"Let's both clean these scents from ourselves, already brought down the bed...any more and we'll bring the house down on ourselves- literally I'm afraid..." the redhead's voice had a teasing element in it, but Rick nodded in affirmation. "Yes, the way caramel and cinnamon work on our desires- it's like white lightning or something. I'll make sure we wash with totally *unscented products* too." Rick smiled prudently.

"Sounds like a plan." Horatio got up taking Rick in tow with him being careful to avoid the shattered bed on the way to the jacuzzi.

Horatio and Rick sat in the jacuzzi, taking turns gently bathing one another with a soft mitt. Then they very carefully smoothed some unscented Aloe Vera cream onto each other's love bites.

"I'm really tired, Horatio," Rick said.

"Me too. And I think for tonight, we should just sleep outside on the cushion, underneath the stars," said the redhead. "We can worry about the bed in the morning."

They toweled each other off, and walked outside to their cushion, where they soon fell asleep in a gentle embrace.

It was the brunet who woke up just as dawn was appearing on the horizon. Moving as quietly as he could, he put up the large umbrella that would provide shade from the intense sun. Next, he went inside and brought out some very light robes to put on just in case they had to answer the door.

He felt grateful that he hadn't awaken Horatio up to that point; the redhead was still deep in slumber and Rick yawned deeply; he knew that his body still needed a great deal of sleep. As the waters from the pool and the hot tub made soothing lapping sounds, he soon felt his eyelids go heavy and laid back down, settling down near his beloved, adjusting the sheet.

Now I don't have to worry about the sun hurting us, especially him- the dark haired man smiled at the fair skinned man, suddenly, he couldn't resist the urge that came over him; very quietly, he whispered a few words of love and tenderness in a foreign language, then turning over to the other side, quickly fell fast asleep once more.

He didn't know that Horatio had heard him; he didn't understand the words, but somehow he knew that they were an expression of love...

Last edited:
Rick woke up to the delicious smell of bacon and eggs wafting through the open sliding glass door of their bungalow. The redhead was in the kitchen cooking Rick's favorite breakfast. Rick smiled and closed his eyes, so happy--so grateful--that Horatio and he were now together as a couple.

It did not take Rick long to tidy up and soon he was sitting at the breakfast nook which had a view of cacti and the gardens.

The lovers were famished and exchanging smiles, ate heartily at the meal that Horatio had prepared.

"You whispered something to me, but not in English. What language was that? I've never heard you use it before" the redhead asked after he finished sipping some orange juice.

" Dutch, plain and simple," Rick smiled over his glass of spring water.

"I'm still floating high on a cloud H... from us being together. I remember my parents saying little words of love and affection to each other in Dutch from time to time. Mama taught me some real words of endearment- those were the ones I said to you; she said someday when I was really in love I'd use them without thinking about it. She was sure right." Rick's eyes were shining.

Horatio remained silent; to be loved, to be cherished like this- it had been the longings of his heart, his very soul for a lifetime. He could only gaze in wonderment at the person he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

Last edited:
Rick saw the rich tenderness in his lover's eyes. There was a fragility there, he knew. There was so much depth of feeling, and that feeling led right to the redhead's soul. Rick knew he must take great care with and of this soul, and that was exactly what he planned to do. Always.

Last edited:
" I was thinking; perhaps we better secure our personal belongings in our bedroom, so that when the staff comes in to replace the bed, we won't have to worry about it." Rick spoke after a long silence when Horatio returned from the kitchen ready to pour up fresh coffee for the two of them.

The two finished eating and drinking their coffee, then went into the bedroom and started to collect their personal belongings. Rick was reaching for one of his shirts when there was a loud knock on the door of their place.

Rick walked over to the door and looked through the peephole. It was that same housekeeper as the last time. And she looked even madder than the last time. Rick ran a hand through his hair.

"Can you come back later, Ma'am?" He tried to sound as polite as possible, but he heard desperation dent his voice a little.

"Ricky Stetler, you open the door this minute!" the woman yelled.

Rick gulped. He took another look through the peephole to try to see the woman more clearly.

"I see your eyeball there. Open this door! I need to clean in there! You've been keeping me out for long enough!"

Then it dawned on Rick who she was.

--

Last edited:
"Yes, Mrs. Heloise Ma'am," Rick heard himself almost revert to his four-year-old boyish voice as he opened the door to the slender maid who was the head of housekeeping and stood at the door, tapping her tiny foot with her crew standing nervously behind her.

"You know I just hate tardiness!" her hazel eyes crackled with annoyance until she saw his hangdog look expression- Rick used his best one, he knew that had always been a way to work around the perfectionist's temper.

"Yes, ma'am...I know- you've been teaching me that ever since I was four years old." Rick wished he could put his hands in his pockets.

The blush on his cheeks told her more than anything else that her charge- he had never ceased to be one in her mind, was not alone at the moment.

"Richard, I think we can wait another 30 minutes or so, in order for you to comport yourself properly dealing with *gentlemen's matters*". Heloise's voice was crisp and direct still, after all of these years with a lilt she had from Bonaire, the place of her birth and upbringing. "However, I want you back here for tea, later today, if you don't mind around 4 PM."

Heloise couldn't help but touch his arm in an affectionate way and Rick breathed a sigh of relief, she truly loved him and was giving him a way to save face. He equally knew that her invitation meant that he'd be expected to introduce his gentlemen's matter to her.

"We...er... I won't be late, ma'am I promise," the brunet quipped quickly and was rewarded with a maternal hug.

"Is there anything else you need?" she whispered to him in Dutch. "Yes, I need to see the concierge, we need some movers up here. A problem with a piece of furniture." Rick whispered right back to her in the same language.

"I'll have him call you; don't worry, my sweetling," Heloise finished her hug and stood back allowing Rick to close the door.

As soon as Rick closed the door, he heard Horatio laughing from behind him. The last thing Heloise had said to him had been in English.

"My sweetling?" the redhead chortled.

"Yes, Horatio," the brunet said, somewhat defensively, turning to face the redhead. "That's what she sometimes called me..."

Horatio had a look on his face that was just begging for further explanation.

"That was Heloise," Rick said. "She's been with my family for years. She used to take care of me when I was a child."

"She sounds fiercely loyal, Rick and very loving-considerate too," the redhead said deciding not to tease his beloved any further for the moment.

"What's this about tea and gentlemen's matters?" Horatio cocked his head as he spoke.

"The first part, it won't be just tea; it will be tea or coffee with pastries not all of them sweet either- it's like a tiny meal actually. Gentlemen's matters well- she knew that I was not alone and equally I guess knowing me as well as she does, knows that whomever I'm with it's a serious thing. I've never brought anyone here before Horatio, neither man nor woman for even partly serious, let alone a one-night-stand," Rick gazed right into the ginger haired man's eyes.

"She's expecting me to introduce whom I'm in love with- she's not mean spirited but she is sure going to be surprised when she sees YOU..." he pointed his fingers straight at his beloved. "It will take some explaining." Rick finished, the room becoming suddenly silent.

"...and do YOU have an idea what you are going to say to her? Given her age and all...lover might be quite a shock..." Horatio folded his arms and gave Rick a sympathetic look.

Last edited:
Rick laughed nervously. "No, I don't, not quite yet. But I don't want to lie to her."

"Well, we could just let her form her own opinion without saying a thing, Rick."

Back