8x03 - 'Bolt Action' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 2, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: Twitter- :lol: Finding out something like that on Twitter would be like finding out you got a promotion at your job from a Tweet message rather than hearing it first hand from your boss. :lol: It's beyond ridiculous. It felt a little like "product placement". :lol:

2. 915

915 CSI Level One

I laughed at that little thing cause it was kind of a silly thing to say and totally unrealistic.

That would kinda be a funny way to learn about a promotion, "Yeah I'll go check Twitter...Hey I got promoted!" :guffaw:

3. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I really don't think we should be wasting our times getting all riled up over a silly little "tweeter" comment. Most likely they left it in there for joking sakes, not to be a serious thing, I mean, considering everything comes out on Tweeter these days, this was probably a jab at Tweeter and how all info seems to come from them.

Now as for the episode, I thought this was a good example of a great balanced screentime for the cast.

Ryan continues to be his cutie self! LOVE HIM! He makes me wanna pet him!

Natalie's comments were just hilarious! Who knew our girl can be so smarty-mouth!

And as for Frank, lol, can't watch him without cracking up, the whole "Lightning Rod" comment was classic!

Walter and the new ME were great additions! Walter is so fun and carefree and the new ME is oh-so-quirky!! Two of them are like kids in a candystore!

Eric and Calleigh seems to have finally gotten over a hurdle, and while I am glad I don't have to see any of them moping for half the season, it was a bit strange when neither of them got so much as a slap on the wrist.

Horatio definitely had less screentime in this episode, but the scenes he was in were awesome!! Always the big leader calling the shots! WOO!

And Jesse, oh my my, his whole climbing on everything and doing every heavy work reminds me of Colby Granger from Numb3rs! LOL! Men are so impatient! He just had to climb the house by himself! LOL!:lol: Still, he continues to be charming and humble, that of which I am glad. It is one thing for TPTB to make him into macho man and another to have him become arrogant and egoistic, and as far as I'm concerned, Jesse can do all the grunt work he wants, as long as he remains the humble and kind-hearted man he is!!!!;)

Overall, it was an interesting episode, lighthearted and fun!:thumbsup:

4. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I don't see Calleigh's actions like you do. Eric seemed to have lost all perspective once his "real father" was identified. It's nice that he identified his biological daddy, but instead of dealing with it like the thirty-something the character is, he's acting like a teenager. I can understand Calleigh, who is mature, not getting Eric's obsession with helping the father who didn't even want to acknowledge him. One minute she thinks he's coming to terms with it all, then Eric goes off the deep end and does ridiculous stuff to "help" daddy gangster. I think she loves him, but can't keep up with his erratic behavior. And what is all this doing to Eric's mother, who has been there and loved him all his life? I'm wondering if this is TPTB's way to write AR out of the series by making him less lovable by seeming very selfish.

Given the "Horatio still mourning Marisol (whom he knew for about five minutes)" scenes, nothing surprises me with those writers.

Okay, you're all gonna hate me now. I already sense terrific chemistry between Jesse and Calleigh. And the writers have made a point of letting us know Jesse is close to Calleigh's age by telling us his history, earlier in Miami, then 12 years in Los Angeles, and now back in Miami. I just wish I knew why AR was leaving: his idea or TPTB? If Adam chose to leave, then good luck, but if TPTB cut him out, then I'll be less comfortable with any other personal relationship that Calleigh has.

5. GregNickRyanFan

Well, word is that CBS themselves wanted the Miami ptb to kill Eric Delko off (in the premiere) when they couldn't come to an agreement on contract negotiations with Adam or something, but Ann Donahue stuck up for Adam and they worked out a ten episode deal for him.

I don't want anymore romantic pairings between main characters on this show. Any non-canon pairings should remain in FanFic land as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  6. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Thanks for the background. I kind of lost track over the summer. I wonder how Eric will leave. And I wonder if they'll leave it open for him to come back to visit (like Sara in Las Vegas), or if they'll have him die either from his old injury or some other way. If he dies, it will give DC's Horatio another chance to emote like crazy...:rolleyes:

7. GregNickRyanFan

I think Adam said that they would leave it open for him to return every now and then in the future.

8. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Though this one was good, I wasn't as crazy about it. Something was off, imho.

Wow! Nice to see the techs involved! And Horatio wearing a labcoat! Wowee! Although I wonder what he did with his nice powder blue coat.

So Rick's a snarky jerk again, :thumbsup:questioning Calleigh about "her history of boyfriends" (Didn't catch all the wording). My husband made a comment that I won't repeat here about that red shirt. Hey, got my Rick fix for the week. I can smile now!

Cheryl Ladd did a fantastic job.

I really like Walter. He IS a character. I could wrap my mind around him (And no, Walter, not all older women are, as you say, 'generous':wtf:).

I think Natalia had more lines in that epi than she had for the last two seasons combined. And she was more than up to the job.

Anybody besides me notice that Ryan's getting a gut? He's not that little kid that came in looking for a transfer in S3! :lol:

I had forgotten until now just how much E/C made me cringe. That seemed to be just about all there was in S6 and S7. And that investigation should have lasted much longer, I believe. Oh, and somebody should've been fired! That's confidential information that should never have made its way to Twitter, Facebook, emails, or anything else! Investigations like that are sensitive.

That scene between Frank and Ryan was priceless. BTW, what rich guy owns an el cheapo pushmower?? :guffaw:

The murder plot itself was kind of far-fetched, if you ask me. Maybe if the writers included something like, the guy was a chemical or electrical engineer and knew to drop that blue stuff (forgot what it was) into the sand. And the idea that some rich guy who stays on his boat would go through all that trouble is kind of unbelievable to me.

Can't say I'm fond of the M.E. He didn't carry himself like one, but that could just be my medical background talking. And what happened to Kyle? What is it about the Caine family that they keep just disappearing?

9. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Have you ever known someone who met their 'real' parent that late in life after knowing someone else to be in that role for your entire life?

My sisters husband found out that his parents were actually his aunt and uncle when he was about 40. He then found his mom after some reasearch and met her. I was there for one of the initial meetings and have seen how he has reacted to all this. I assure you that Eric's reactions aren't too far off the mark. My B-I-L would do anything for a good relationship with his 'mother'. So from what I've seen from Eric (and my BIL)it's not much of a stretch.

But I digress.....

I thought the case was just OK. A little farfetched for me. Lets go through all this trouble just in case there is lightning in the area...? mmmmkay. :confused:

I liked the night shift guy...he was funny.

Liked that there was little H....sorry but he's not my favorite character.

For me the jury is still out on Jesse. Haven't really cared for Eddie C. in the past so I'm hoping for the best.

Same for the new ME. Not bad but.....

Ryan was funny. Didn't come off as naive or innocent to me, just not in the know. It is possible to be that age and not know what a cougar is.

I think they didn't drag out the IA stuff because they figured that no one really wanted to see it.

The tweet? Recently a Soap Opera actor found out that he had been fired through some tweets. So it's not really unrealistic. There are many people who want to be the first to tell the news and look like a big shot.

10. slower

slower Lab Technician

Jag Lady, I think a lot of us noticed Ryan's belly. But, I just can't help it, he is still the best. More to love.:lol:

As far as Calleigh and Eric go, please make it stop!!!. I have never seen the chemistry as others have, and it has become painfull to watch. I would like to see them go back to a warm friendship. :)

As I have said before I hope Calleigh isn't hooked up with Jessie. Natalia needs a man, why not make it Jessie. :)

11. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

I actually thought this was a really weak episode with some highlights from Frank, Tom (I like him as the new ME, much more like the ones on the other CSI's), and Walter. I couldn't understand Ryan's one-liner at all and even backed up to replay it, and still didn't understand (I love my DVR). Jesse is a good addition and I like how business-like he is about his work. Overall though, this episode was preposterous in the plot and "murder weapon", and the dialog was laughable in places. The last two weeks were quite good, but this one was a bomb.

12. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

That would be neat to see him as a recurring character. Wonder how they would fit that in?

I completely agree. Solve cases and good ones please! Men and women can work together without the romance.

!

:lol::guffaw::lol::guffaw:

They really have never seen the consequences for their actions (and they both have done things over the years that could have gotten them into a whole LOT of trouble) It would be an interesting to see how they would handle a suspension or firing. They could just ask Ryan:rolleyes:.

I completely agree.:):):lol:

I really enjoyed their close friendship. I don't understand why it could have just stayed that way. As I stated above, a man and woman can work together and just be friends. My best friend is a man and we have worked together a LONG time and there has been never any romantic feelings between us (and we are both attracted to the opposite sex), so I know for a fact it is possible.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree,still love him!
    If you were living under a rock maybe,and never had access to anything going on. I could see Frank maybe not knowing,but it seemed odd that Ryan didn't know what a cougar is.My first reation was,"Okay,now he's stupid".

14. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Well then I must be living under a rock and be completely stupid. Because I didn't know what a cougar was until about 2 years ago when I was joking to a friend about how cute my sons college age coach was and she called me a cougar. And I am older than Ryan is and consider myself rather savvy.
    Keep in mind that not everyone in the world has the same knowledge as everyone else.
    Oh yeah...when I told a few co-workers about it 2 of 3 didn't know what a cougar was either. Guess they live under rocks too.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^
    I wasn't speaking of anyone here living under a rock ( you or your co-workers) just strictly the TV characters.Ryan's character came off as dense in that regard,at least that is how some others see it and what is being posted in some other places,including reviews.These characters are computer savay ,and I'm sorry,but I found it unbelievable that he had no idea at all what a cougar is.He is at the perfect age to know what a cougar is,and the whole thing was unrealistic unless he lives under a rock.