8x03 - 'Bolt Action' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 2, 2009.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

There was no hint that they wanted to be alone in the locker room at all,perhaps some tension.

2. 915

915 CSI Level One

That was just my interpretation of it, from what I saw. I might go back and watch the episode again later on but that was my intial take on that scene when I saw it the first time. Just the way my mind jumped to that conclusion I guess, funny how I read stuff some times I'm weird like that. :shifty:

3. kljmiami

kljmiami Dead on Arrival

The new ME was fun and so was Walter. Are they going to be around for awhile? I hope so, it's nice to see members of the Miami crew that look like real people.

We have been asking for more Natalia screen time and this episode definitely delivered.:thumbsup:

Still no word on what happened to Eric's dad:vulcan:

Really liking Jesse, I love his little joke to Calleigh about all the IA guys looking alike.;)

All in All, good episode.

4. Kassan

Kassan Victim

Just one question... They didn't break up, right? :confused:

5. 915

915 CSI Level One

As far as I can tell they didn't cause they were definitly smiling at each other and joking about the situtation at least it seemed like they were joking about it the whole Calliegh shooting at him and Eric driving a car at her.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Actually, they didn't need alone time right at that particular moment because they weren't allowed to speak to each other until after the inquisition or whatever it was called. :lol:

Can someone please tell me what Ryan said just before the theme song started? I couldn't quite understand it. :lol:

I like Tom. :) I hope they keep him as M.E. But, I also want them to bring Kyle back and have some more little bro/big bro type moments between him and Ryan... that was cute the way Ryan was so protective over him when the grenade went off. :)

Wait... the fourth dude was playing volleyball in socks? That's unusual and suspicious.

:lol: Ryan was cutely innocent about not realizing that Troy and Hailey were together-together. :lol: But then they went and said he didn't know what a cougar was? That bugged me. It felt like they were trying to make him the dunce or something. Come on! Who doesn't know what a cougar is? That really really bugged me. I'm sorry, but it was way out of character. Ryan would TOTALLY know what a cougar is! GRRR!

Ryan: Cat fight 2 o'clock. :lol:

Ryan: Apparently the electricity isn't the most shocking thing about this case. :lol:

There was surprisingly little of Horatio in this episode. That's a first... except for "Resurrection".

Absolutely LOVED the handshakes between Eric and Ryan. I think that's the friendliest those two have ever been.

:lol: at Jesse and Walter. Die Hard and John McClain (I thought he called him John McCain at first and was like :confused: until I remembered that Bruce Willis' Die Hard character was named John McClain- oh and btw, I read they're making a new DH movie. :) ). :lol:

So Travers is testifying somewhere... well, at least they're explaining his absence. I wonder if the actor is doing another show at the moment.

Walter: Man those cougars are hungry! :lol: They tend to be very ... generous. :guffaw:

Nat to Jess: Woah! Easy Tarzan! :lol:

Lighting strikes every day in Miami, but it never rains? :lol: Just once I'd like to see it rain in Miami. :lol:

Natalia: I'd go, but I'm not really her type. :lol:

Ryan: Ahoy! :guffaw:
    "they were together together" heehee.

Tiffany (the girlfriend on the boat) looks like a younger Courtney Cox, don't'cha think?

Ryan: I guess its our lucky day cause you have such a nice way with people, Tripp. :lol:

And then Tripp calling Ryan "smart ass" again. :lol: Those two were back in true playful-sniping form. :lol:

Okay, so it's okay for the husband to cheat, but the wife can't cause she's not a man? :wtf: What a jerk!

The whole thing at the end with Eric and Calleigh like "you shot at me" "well you drove a car at me" was kind of funny.

It seemed like they tried to give Jesse scenes with everyone in the cast, but they missed Frank (and Stetler to a lesser degree). :lol:

Other than that one complaint I mentioned earlier, it was a decent episode. The screentime balance was decent (of course other than Eric's).

3 and a half stars out of four.
    Grade: A-.

7. 915

915 CSI Level One

Oh I know what he said before the opening credits I think it was something like "at least no legal reason" or something like if I remember right they were talking about those blue paraticles of I forget what exactly they were.

8. Jess713

Jess713 Victim

wow this episode was great. i liked it. probably cause it made me laugh a lot. ryan was so funny&cute!the little effort that jesse pulled to make Cal laugh a little after the interview was really cute. man that guy is a total charmer! i cant help but blush when he comes around.there was a good amount of screentime for everyone,well in my opinion. next episode looks great too:)

9. slower

slower Lab Technician

I liked the episode, but once again too much Jessie for my taste.

I'm sorry but sense when did Ryan become that dense, about relationships? Like Natalia having to explain it to him. This is becoming a little wierd to me.

Does anyone remember the episode where he noticed on a victims body "a little ring around the colar"? Seems that once again, they are forgetting what they write for their characters. A mking Ryan look too innocence for his years.:rolleyes:

Once again no consequences for Delko, its all good, he was doing the noble thing. I like Eric, But how long does one person get that many passes. :rolleyes:

As for the locker room scene, and Ryan not taking the hint to leave, they were aware they were not supposed to talk with each other before the interviews, Calleigh had said as much.

On a more positive note, I enjoyed the oneliner from Ryan about "Catfight at 2 O'clock, and Tripp calling him a smart a**. :)

The new ME is going to be interesting, not sure about him yet. and Omar was pretty funny calling Jessie "Die Hard".:lol:

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm not too sure this isn't a new writer who is unfamiliar with the characters. The writer's name didn't look familiar to me, but then again my memory sucks with things like that. :lol: Although the part with him not getting that the vic and the girl were together-together didn't bother me near as much as him not knowing what a cougar was. :lol: That was just ridiculous IMO. Ryan would definitely know what a cougar is. I mean, honestly... he was written like he was a virgin in this episode. Come on! While, I'd say that Ryan may not be nearly as experienced as some of his co-workers, I wouldn't say that he was a virgin either. :lol: That "what's a cougar" line would have been more suited for Kyle. :lol: It might have worked for Ryan when he first joined the team, but it does not work for him now at all. The together thing was kind of cute and seemed like he just wasn't paying deep attention... but the cougar thing was pushing it a bit in my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  11. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I just watched this episode again on ON DEMAND. I thought Eddie Cibrian as Jesse Cardoza reminded me of someone when I watched the first airing of it on CBS earlier tonight. I just figured out who that someone is: Guy Williams. Check out my new avatar of Guy Williams in 1964 playing Will Cartwright in a season 5 episode of Bonanza and try to tell me Eddie Cibrian didn't look a lot like that picture.

Now about the episode: It was good. I thought the previous 2 were better. But this one was good enough to get a final grade of A from me.

12. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

just watched the episode...LOVED IT!! my favourite so far!

Loved the line 'cat fight 2 o'clock'!
    Jesse is really growing on me. He is a such a charming guy!

the E/C scenes! the awkward locker room scene was so sad, you can tell how much they really want to speak to each other, but they are not allowed! Rick Stetler is really not my favourte person on the planet atm...the last scene was so cute! 'you shot at me' 'you drove a car at me'...cute!!
    are they still together? cos why could Eric say 'see you at work?' instead of 'see you later' if they are still together?...i dont know, other forums i've been on people have been saying that they have broken up but will ease back into the relationship...

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That's the same reaction I had to that scene.I enjoyed the episode except for that.My reaction was"Oh, now he's stupid"? I hope TPTB haven't decided that this is what his character is to be this season.

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

So, Ryan is a virgin now, huh? :lol: I liked his reaction, it was very comical, but I agree it was a bit out of character for him to be that clueless - he reminded me of a not-so-experienced young boy. I also think he'd have had better skills at explaining to the husband that his wife was cheating on him, they do this all the time yet in this scenario he was practically blushing, & fumbling for the right words.
    Note to tptb - if you're going to write for Ryan, that's great, but for heaven's sakes please remember who he really is - don't change him for the sake of added humor.

Natalia - loved seeing her head into this case. Again though, is it too much to ask that they liven her up some? I'm definitly not saying she's a stick in the mud, but I'm sick to death that tptb can't seem to put any effort into adding some oomph in other characters.

H - not so much of him in this episode, but all the same I liked it. Him in the lab....& smiling. *adore*

Calleigh - and here we are again with the multiple personalities. Pick one please.

Jesse - I appreciate that he's so good looking & charming, but by the end of this episode I felt like they were trying way too hard in selling him as the hot body. All the grunt work he was pulling, shoveling the sand in his little t-shirt, climbing the lifeguard tower, being "chosen" to chat with Amanda.... too much overkill. I'd appreciate it more if it wasn't so blatanly obvious that tptb are milking his yumminess for all it's worth.

Eric - If this is the capacity he'll be returning in for the remaining episodes then I might have to help him pack his bags.

LOVING Tom & Walter!!! I knew Omar (Walter) would work for me, I absolutly love him & I'm thrilled to see that tptb made him out to be some kind of little playboy, it was done tastefully, cute, & funny.

Cheryll Ladd & Tia Carrerre - wonderful to see these ladies in this role. They both looked absolutely beautiful, & considering their ages it was nice to see a point in that all the "sexi's" & beautiful creatures in Miami aren't all under the age of 40.

The case: Creative way to kill someone, but it seemed like too much effort if ya ask me. The bastard hubby was actually at the top of my suspects list just because he wasn't seen as much - made him all the more obvious.
    BTW, what blind person put those socks & jacket on Hailey :wtf:

Onto the ending. Once again tptb insult our intellegence. We're supposed to believe that Eric actually got important news of the investigation through a damn tweet (please, one would expect it would be private considering it's a case in an investigation). And we're to be convinced that the events of the finale, in regards to E/C, are all swept under the rug when they didn't fully discuss it. That's a bit over the mark of unbelievable, & laughable to say the very least.

Overall, an enjoyable episode, save for a few absurdities.

15. symbeline

symbeline Witness

It seems that I'm the only one that didn't care about the episode.

The good:
    - Balanced screentime.
    - Natalia & Horatio YAY. Lot's of Natalia with everyone.YAY
    - Ryan and Natalia gossiping, but I can't believe Ryan doesn't know what a cougar is.
    - Compassionate H again. If they continue with this trend, I'm going to miss super H soon :lol:

The bad:
    - Eric's case being dismissed so quickly. And E/C joking about it. So Eric was just driving his father around. Whatever. :rolleyes:
    - Bad choice of guest stars, really silly plot and predictable killer. Tia Carrere has never been a good actress. Cheryl Ladd could barely move her face in some scenes. Too many overused clichés about cougars vs. men who date younger women.
    - Eddie Cibrian has a limited range of expressions. I guess he's just supposed to be and look hot.
    - New additions left me cold: New lab guy isn't funny at all and new ME was weird, and not in a good way. And no, Jesse wasn't anything like Bruce Willis. He actually got one of the hostages shot, albeit accidentally.

And Tiffany definitely looked like Courteney Cox.

Grade: B-/C+