8x03 - 'Bolt Action' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Well, I thought the epi was ok. Not one of the best, but it had some nice moments.

- Im glad I wasnt the only one who didn't have a clue what Ryan said before the credits. And I miss H's one-liner
-Ryan and the cougar comments didn't bother me. I only found out about the term frvery recently, so I wouldn't have had a clue what one was, and so it does kinda need explaining. They needed someone to do and at least Ryan got a scene out of it!
- The IAB scenes were a bit strange. I would have thought Eric would have had more of a role in the epi. Although his scene with Ryan was nice- good to see them being friendly.
-Jesse had a few more scenes than Id have liked but I suppose they have to do that at the start, so we get used to him. And I did enjoy his scenes.
-Is the coroner in this epi a permanent one?
-Good to see more Nat.

They need someone different though. He's so totally different from Alexx which is what we need because then there won't be that comparisson as much. Tara was described as looking like a younger Alexx (though she didn't act like Alexx obviously, but still), so they did need someone different. I think Tom is a good choice. Although I wish they'd given him a different first name because the other guy coroner (the ATF plant) was named Thomas. :lol:

^^
The ATF plant was stuffy though so we will be able to tell the difference.I hope he stays longer that 2 episodes,he may have some quirks we could enjoy.

I know, but it's just that they reuse character names too often on this show (or similar names). For example, Eric and Erica and even Rick. :lol: And the other new character (Walter) has the same first name as one of Horatio's enemies: Walter Resin. :lol: Plus Ryan's Uncle Ron (even though he's never been seen) and Ron Saris. It's just kind of annoying after a while. :lol:

Oh,okay.At least we aren't seeing really different names like Trout or Weasel

Last edited:
They need someone different though. He's so totally different from Alexx which is what we need because then there won't be that comparisson as much. Tara was described as looking like a younger Alexx (though she didn't act like Alexx obviously, but still), so they did need someone different. I think Tom is a good choice.
I agree. I think that's why I liked him so much, he was just different from the norm, & I didn't feel like he was there to fill Alexx's shoes -- he was just there as an ME. If they don't plan to extend his episodes then I at least hope they stick with that type of character - a character who's a little on the whacky side is always good to have among the bunch (like Sid & Doc).

At least we aren't seeing really different names like Trout or Weasel
Those will be the nicknames Natalia gives them :lol: Is it just me or has she become the queen of petnames here lately?! It's kinda cute I think.

Those will be the nicknames Natalia gives them :lol: Is it just me or has she become the queen of petnames here lately?! It's kinda cute I think.
LOL,you're right about Natalia.
The name Trout is actually listed in the baby naming book.:confused:

Hi, well i havent really posted in a while just bene floating around plus didnt help the first two eps didnt impress me much but thats another conversation so anyways onto the episode at hand.....

The episode was here and there for me breaking it down

1.jesse, well hes charming and all and i know its early on but we need to know something else other then where hes from cos atm he just seems kinda blank and stuck in there but hes okay hes no delko but hes doing okay so far

2. i find it so hard to believe and so hard to wrap my head around ryan not knowing what a cougar is......this is the guy who when he started knew about the clubbing scenes etc etc (think crime night) and cougar has been around and building for what??? 4? 5 years?? honeslty ryan cant be that stupid maybe eric was right in ryan should stop watching the sci fi and get out once in a while still thought that was totally stupid!:rolleyes:

3. walter man hes funny he had me laughing everytime he was on screen me do seems to think hes been in on the cougar action although having said that the leg rub by the first cougar totally tacky and made me :rolleyes:

4.the new M.E man did he pop a few pills before showing up to work? :guffaw: he was so funny horatio was blank and cold as usual and the me was excited 3 dead guys were in the morgue i did enjoy him quite a bit if anything miami needs to lighten up a little but then again its a crime show not a comedy

5. ryan and cal and eric in the locker room aww how long was she holding her breathe for? and ryan bringing the comment about losing their job guess she wasnt trying to think about it but heck it was true had to of thought about it

6. stetler who wanted to slap him??? i know hes doing his job but damn him and the trust comment made by eric well if theres another thing they all have in common its trust issues h is off in his own land ryan cant tell people when hes been kidnapped and eric cant confide in calleigh not once but twice one about being born in cuba and another about helping to bring in his dad so that one kinda slipped and now to the end

7. eric and cal outside....how god damn cute was all that and the funny side of it " you drove a car at me" anyone who remembers if your going to drive a cr at calleigh shes going to shoot you (s6 ring a bell) must take note dont drive at calleigh.....

Anywho the ep had its good bits and bad bits but overall this kinda made me laugh and also have a few other thoughts about whos really going and stayingg put.......:shifty:

Oh,okay.At least we aren't seeing really different names like Trout or Weasel

Or Squirrely (that was the name of a character in a movie I watched). :lol:

Haha... that reminds me of Pike (Luke Perry's character) in the BTVS movie. When he told her his name she said something like "Pike's not a name, it's a fish!" :lol:

LOL,you're right about Natalia.

These baby name books have some strange entries. How could a parent be that cruel?!

I liked the new guy, Walter. He seemed quite funny. The ME was ok- I agree that it is good to have someone completely different on the show, but he seemed like he could become annoying quite quickly.

Just a thought about names: Maybe they should talk to someone who works HR in CBS. Anyone who's worked personnel for any amount of time will come across names from the sublime to the ridiculous. I've seen everything from "Jack Smith" to "Ima Payne" to a military dentist named "Major Paine". My point? Go back to the basics, ask someone, buy them some coffee or give them a bonus for their trouble. It's worth it to have a show in the top ratings. If memory serves, that's how the original CSI started--based on actual cases.

BTW, we actually have a Horneytown Road and a Climax here in North Carolina. Not far from one another, I might add.

Just a thought about names: Maybe they should talk to someone who works HR in CBS. Anyone who's worked personnel for any amount of time will come across names from the sublime to the ridiculous. I've seen everything from "Jack Smith" to "Ima Payne" to a military dentist named "Major Paine". My point? Go back to the basics, ask someone, buy them some coffee or give them a bonus for their trouble. It's worth it to have a show in the top ratings. If memory serves, that's how the original CSI started--based on actual cases.

BTW, we actually have a Horneytown Road and a Climax here in North Carolina. Not far from one another, I might add.

Horneytown...Hahaha :).
I used to live in Maryland and in the area we had the Murderkill River nearby. :eek: Maybe CSI should do an episode there.

I have to agree about the names. Why name the new character after one of H's old nemisis. ?? Just doesn't make sense with all the millions of name out there. But atleast they didn't go with a really screwy name.

I have to agree about the names. Why name the new character after one of H's old nemisis. ?? Just doesn't make sense with all the millions of name out there. But atleast they didn't go with a really screwy name.

Maybe to give the name a positive association?:confused: Who knows? Maybe it is simply a lack of imagination:confused:

Back