The 30 and Over Club

I havent looked in for ages either. Got a new job which is keeping me mega busy and not getting in until late, then the last thing I want to do is sit in front of the computer. Just go to bed early and am watching CSI New York which I got for Xmas every night with my daughter. Definitely feeling my age! Bed by 9 is very sad!!!

Hya stranger :D

It was only the other day I was thinking I hadn't seen you in a while. I got the first two series of NY just before Christmas as I've only ever seen about two entire episodes before and thought I should give the third CSI a look in.

Might help if I took the shrinkrap off mind :rolleyes:

My hubby went to high school with Howie Mandel. I've met Howie but it was a greeting passing in the lobby of performing arts centre.

I also enjoy St Elsewhere. It was a very heads up show for the times. Mark Harmon was in it. His character, Dr Bobby Caldwell, was one of the first to get HIV/AIDS and die from it. Other than Mark Harmon and Howie Mandel it had some guy named Denzel Washington in it.

They also had a child who had Autism on the show. I thought that was interesting back then. Funny how Autism affects my life now.

VC Andrews is dead - but someone is writing still under the name. I guess taking uncompleted works and finishing them - that kind of stuff.

It seems to me that just about every VC Andrews series is about the same. I haven't read any of them in a very long time.

I was just talking to this Serbian guy at work who's in his mid 40's and he was talking about how in the former Yugoslavia the Russians were pretty tightfisted on what American programming they let people watch, but for some reason they were allowed to air Dynasty! I just about laughed my ass off! :lol: He said the streets would be barren on the nights that Dynasty aired- everybody LOVED it! :eek:

Ah, old Blake and Crystal Carrington... Those were the days. And let's not forget Alexis! :lol:

VC Andrews is dead - but someone is writing still under the name. I guess taking uncompleted works and finishing them - that kind of stuff.

It seems to me that just about every VC Andrews series is about the same. I haven't read any of them in a very long time.

I have not read many of them either lately. I agree they all seem very similar.

I was just talking to this Serbian guy at work who's in his mid 40's and he was talking about how in the former Yugoslavia the Russians were pretty tightfisted on what American programming they let people watch, but for some reason they were allowed to air Dynasty! I just about laughed my ass off! :lol: He said the streets would be barren on the nights that Dynasty aired- everybody LOVED it! :eek:

Ah, old Blake and Crystal Carrington... Those were the days. And let's not forget Alexis! :lol:

That's funny! Of all things to allow. I would venture to guess that they wanted to show that Americans were power hungry and rich. (maybe?)
Still really amusing though.

Hey everyone! I posted in here before but I am officially 30 now (as of Thursday the 12th) so yeah, I'll be here more often since I'm actually 30 now. :D

See what happens when you turn 30? Your memory already starts to go and it took 3 days for you to tell us. Happy belated birthday. Welcome, officially, to the club.

Kristine, I see it's official now. You are a member of the rocking chair set :guffaw:pull up one and make yourself comfortable.

Have any of you who are in the "closer to 40" crowd ever done the, "Hey, I think I'm going to drink all weekend and pretend I'm still in my 20's" thing? Man, I need a detox centre after this weekend. What a mess. My body can't handle that anymore! I'm totally worthless the next day. :p

The last time I even tried alchohol I was 14 and my parents had gone out to dinner. I didn't like it then and have never had it since. :lol:

Welcome to the club Kristine. I see you're already suffering from the 30 and over symptoms. Total forgetfulness. :rolleyes: Just wait til you reach 40. I'm lucky if I remember something 24 hours later. :lol: Oh, and I like my rocking chair just fine. Unfortunately the cat does, too!

Susan

Back