The 30 and Over Club

Jacqui said:
ETA: I *do* remember Alphie - had to look it up! We had one, though I think it belonged to my younger brother Jon. Here's a link. Actually, I think that whole site might be interesting.

Thank you so much for that link Jacqui! I had to show my husband. Brought back fond memories! Mine was white though and I wish I still had it.

Bumble said:
Went to dinner tonight with my brother and his wife, and she said on the way over in the car he suddenly burst out singing the old "Lite Brite" commercial for no reason. LOL...."Lite Brite making things with liiiiiiight....what a sight making things with Lite Brite!"

:lol: Too funny! I really enjoyed the light brites.. Now I believe they make them in cubes. Is that right? My children are too young for it yet. My dad always worked till late so my brother and I would 'write' messages saying goodnight dad on the light brite for him.

DreidelGuy said:
This week, the local oldies radio stationis giving away copies of Monopoly: The Beatles edition. So I emailed the deejay with this link of over 1600 versions of Monopoly, past and present.

Beatles version? I gotta have it!

I loved The Greatest American Hero :) It was a tad bit funny when you think back on it but it was good :lol:

Ah yes Monopoly. We have an original game version plus the cat version. I don't know when we last played them but what house wouldn't be complete without at least one version of the game :)

Greatest American Hero, what can I say except that yes I watched it then and no you wouldn't catch me watching it now. :lol:

I remember Alphie but I never had one. I considered myself a little old for it. :lol: I did have a lite bright though. That experience tought my mother that you never give it as gifts because in no time all the pegs will be lost. :p

Monopoly is another thing entirely. We've got a version that is older than me - my mother had it when my parents were married. I've got a Star Wars version. My brother has a Dale Earnhardt (NASCAR) version. And we've got a game called Saratoga, which I think is older tham me and predates when they started making different versions of "Monopoly". It's the same set-up with the same rules but isn't in any way called "Monopoly".

Susan

Found this on Zup Today website:

At age 4, success is...not peeing in your pants.
At age 12, success is...having friends.
At age 16, success is...having a driver's license.
At age 20, success is...having sex.
At age 35, success is...having money.
At age 50, success is...having money.
At age 60, success is...having sex.
At age 70, success is...having a driver's license.
At age 75, success is...having friends.
At age 90, success is...not peeing in your pants.
Yes, it was stolen, but from someone else who stole it!

:guffaw: That's a great list. I'm somewhere between the making money and making money ones. So far not really feeling very successful there. :rolleyes:

I used to watch Greatest American Hero when it was first on. Don't remember too much except that it was pretty cheesy and I liked it. And of course the theme song which is now temporarily stuck in my head.

I saw the Beatles Monopoly game last month when I was at a Liverpool Legends show (Beatles tribute band put together by George Harrison's sister). They had tons of Beatles things obviously. I actually felt pretty darn young there since the average age of the people in the audience was probably about 20 years older than I am. :lol:

FrostyMouse said:
I saw the Beatles Monopoly game last month when I was at a Liverpool Legends show (Beatles tribute band put together by George Harrison's sister). They had tons of Beatles things obviously. I actually felt pretty darn young there since the average age of the people in the audience was probably about 20 years older than I am. :lol:

I am a Beatles nut! I just love them! I'm about 2 hours from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and have been there three times. The Beatles stuff never gets old and I got to see the Lennon Exhibit.

FrostyMouse said:
I saw the Beatles Monopoly game last month when I was at a Liverpool Legends show (Beatles tribute band put together by George Harrison's sister). They had tons of Beatles things obviously. I actually felt pretty darn young there since the average age of the people in the audience was probably about 20 years older than I am.

I am a Beatles nut! I just love them! I'm about 2 hours from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and have been there three times. The Beatles stuff never gets old and I got to see the Lennon Exhibit.

I'd love to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I'm not a huge fan of any one group, but the Beatles are legends, and I do love their music. I wasn't sure what to expect because it was kind of a last minute pick. I had some extra money left on a gift card and the travel agent recommended it. I was not disappointed. They do a great job, and I think they tour sometimes so if you ever get a chance to see it FallenforFlack, I'd recommend it. Or if you're ever down in Branson, you should check it out. I think any Beatles nut would have a good time. :thumbsup:

My folk music instructor at IU in the eighties left to be the first curator of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame when it opened. :lol: It was pretty cool, actually. I still have the newspaper article about it.

Did anyone ever watch "The House Without a Christmas Tree"? That's one of my earliest Christmas TV memories. :)

Oooh another new thread for me to get addicted to!! I seriously need to win the lotto so I can quit my day job!

>>> VCR/Tivo Alert <<<

Biography: Shaun Cassidy
A&E cable channel
Sunday, December 14, 4:00 AM (eastern)
Documentary, Biography

Check local listings for time and channel in your area.

>>> VCR/Tivo Alert <<<

A&E cable channel
Documentary, Biography

Oh no no no!! Seriously?? :lol: I can't wait!! I think I knew EVERYTHING about him up until he was mid twenties, I guess. Those teen magazines are pretty thorough with their articles! ;)

Taken from actual Tiger Beat covers currently offered on eBay:

Shaun's On-Stage Magic: What He's Got That Nobody Else Has!

Shaun: Be the Girl Who Understands Him Best! Know What He Wants...And Needs!

Shaun: When You Meet Him, Will You Say the Right Things? (learn how inside)

Shaun: "Come on Tour With Me!" The excitement begins on page 4!

Living With Shaun: What the Girl Who Marries Him Should Know!

:guffaw:

And welcome to the old folks thread, Egeria! :)

Welcome to the group egeria :) Pull up a rocking chair and join the fun :lol:

Shaun Cassidy :) has his on biography on A&E :) I wonder what the requirements are for that. He's a producer and writer now of tv shows. Oh and in case any of you were still wanting to feel young Shaun Cassidy turned 50 this past September :eek:

>>> VCR/Tivo Alert <<<

A&E cable channel
Documentary, Biography

Darnit! I was planning on having satellite installed the week after this. :shifty:
Ah well, that's what repeats are for.

Smokey, I think I might have had some of those Tiger Beats. I'm sure that's where I got the poster I had taped up to my closet door! :lol:

Welcome to the thread, Egeria!

Playing catch up a bit. I loved Greatest American Hero too. It was a fun, funny show.

Shaun Cassidy Biography?? Oooh I might have to record that.

Anyone remember the show Hardcastle and McCormick? About the judge who took in the ex-con with the cool car? I liked that show too and loved Daniel Hugh Kelly at that time.

Back