The 30 and Over Club

Hey I just noticed this thread! Mind if I pull up my rocking chair and knit? :lol:

I do sometimes have to stop and remember how old I am. 32...last time I checked....;)

Oh, Egeria! Of course you can play! :)

You know, we hired this new lady at work who is in her early sixties. The other day a bunch of us were talking about age and she said I must be in my late twenties or early thirties. :guffaw: She just about died when I said I turn 45 in May!

I guess that's a good thing. Who knows?!

Hey I just noticed this thread! Mind if I pull up my rocking chair and knit? :lol:

I do sometimes have to stop and remember how old I am. 32...last time I checked....;)

Welcome to the Rocking Chair Society egeria. Oh you brought your knitting with you :) I'm working on a afghan at the moment. Trying to use up the bits and pieces of leftover yarn

You know, we hired this new lady at work who is in her early sixties. The other day a bunch of us were talking about age and she said I must be in my late twenties or early thirties. :guffaw: She just about died when I said I turn 45 in May!
I got carded buying wine the other day. The cashier looked at my ID, then me...then back again, and said "I never would have guessed" :D
wwinesmiley2.gif

And yay more knitters!
thknit.gif

I got carded buying wine the other day. The cashier looked at my ID, then me...then back again, and said "I never would have guessed" :D
wwinesmiley2.gif

And yay more knitters!
thknit.gif

LOL that's great Smokey and bookgirl! I get carded for the lottery sometimes which really irks me, lol!

I'd love to knit, but I can't seem to do it. I tried while I was pregnant, both times, cause I wanted to make something cute for the babies but I couldn't get the hang of it. :(

OOoh knitting is another of my obsessions! Have a pattern for Crime Scene Tape scarf ready to go, have the yarn too! Just need to find the time, or grow an extra pair of arms!

I'm generally told I look my age, and I've never been ID before! Getting into clubs is easy! Joining the gym...that's hard!

Well Kristine not everyone has the knack for knitting. Believe me I've tried teaching people how to knit that are all thumbs. Crocheting is even more of a challenge to some people, particularly if they are left handed. My mom would love to learn to crochet but she is hopeless left handed. Mostly all crochet patterns are for right handers. I love crochet and knit.

Oh and can I brag that I haven't been asked for my ID since I was 22 :)

Have any of you who are in the "closer to 40" crowd ever done the, "Hey, I think I'm going to drink all weekend and pretend I'm still in my 20's" thing? Man, I need a detox centre after this weekend. What a mess. My body can't handle that anymore! I'm totally worthless the next day. :p

Give it up Baba, those days are loooong over.

Last summer, I drank a bottle of wine-yeah the whole bottle and it took me two days to recover!:p

Ah, it just keeps happening... my friend found herself suddenly without a job (i.e. fired) and so we had to go out last night and have another big one. The beauty of age is that I now know when it's time to start drinking water... :lol:

And I don't knit. ;)

I've don't drink much. Had my first drink at 21, lol. I've always worried about drinking too much cause I take medications so that's probably why. Also I never wanted to get drunk, I always feel if I'm going to make an ass out of myself I want to know I'm doing it! :lol:

Actualy, I don't drink at all. I can't stand the stuff.

Hate the taste.

I can't count how many times people are like, try this you won't taste the alcohol. :wtf: I mean seriously, are they serious? Except maybe vodka, you can taste it. Not to mention, it leaves an after taste.

Actualy, I don't drink at all. I can't stand the stuff.

Hate the taste.

I can't count how many times people are like, try this you won't taste the alcohol. :wtf: I mean seriously, are they serious? Except maybe vodka, you can taste it. Not to mention, it leaves an after taste.

Yes. Finally someone who thinks like me. I can't abide the stuff. Any of it...blech. Yes, you can taste it even if cooked in it. I hate when I'm at a restaurant and you see something and think, mmmmm that looks good then you read the description and find out it has a wine sauce or something :(.

Just found this thread. I'd like to pull up a rocking chair and read a book. DOn't know how to knit. :)

Welcome to the thread, egeria and CoachMom! Pull up a rocking chair.
rclady.gif

I've never tried knitting, but have crocheted. Never quite got the hang of it though. Maybe I should give knitting a try. :)

It's been a while since I've done enough drinking that I woke up regretting it. I try to avoid it if possible now. Although I still have the occasional one or two drinks.

All this talk of crocheting...my mom taught me how. When I was a kid she was on this crocheting kick that seemed to last forever! I can still see in my mind the red, white, and blue poncho (yes, poncho) she made for me. And some kind of green and gold sweater thing. And these coffee can booties for Christmas decorations! :lol:

I should talk. I crocheted some god-awful purses with yarn tassels on them. :rolleyes:

All this talk of crocheting...my mom taught me how. When I was a kid she was on this crocheting kick that seemed to last forever! I can still see in my mind the red, white, and blue poncho (yes, poncho) she made for me. And some kind of green and gold sweater thing. And these coffee can booties for Christmas decorations! :lol:

I should talk. I crocheted some god-awful purses with yarn tassels on them. :rolleyes:

At least you can do it! :)

My grandma crocheted blankets for us when we were babies and big afghans for us for when we got older. I love mine! It's so warm and comfy! I still have my baby blanket and used it for my daughter.

Back