Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this was already mentioned before - but what don't like about lindsay in the first place is - she's looking waaaay to young and she has - it seem to me like that - a very child like body - could bejust the fact she's thin but still she's over 35 (is she??) and when I first saw her I thought she's around 23-26 - might be seen as a compliment but in this case it's not :D

Shytownmofo said:
I pulled Seven out of the Ten that fit Lindsay. Wow. Can you say dyfunctional?

So did I. :lol: What amuses me so much is the author(s) of the article stating how almost laughable the list is, except it's not funny at all because there are people who behave like this, and that's the scariest part.

For Lindsay to strike over half of the traits on the list ... yikes! Dysfunctional may be too mild a word for a description. :lol:

I agree with your examples, particularly:

Don’t question your relationships. You then can avoid dealing with problems within them.
Well, everything she and Danny never talked about. Then, after Ruben got shot...well, Kaboom!

What was even worse was that she blamed Danny for all of it. Even while he was still grieving. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: How low can somebody go?

dopebabygirl said:
I guess this was already mentioned before - but what don't like about lindsay in the first place is - she's looking waaaay to young and she has - it seem to me like that - a very child like body - could bejust the fact she's thin but still she's over 35 (is she??) and when I first saw her I thought she's around 23-26 - might be seen as a compliment but in this case it's not :D

Now this is one reason that's new to me. :lol: Comments made in the past about her appearance were usually more that Lindsay looks far too old for her age.

dopebabygirl said:

Now this is one reason that's new to me. :lol: Comments made in the past about her appearance were usually more that Lindsay looks far too old for her age.

She's 36 (wiki rocks :D)
to me she doesn't look like that
maybe it's the whole combination, i don't know she seem boring

is youtubed her
and in Without a trace - it's kinda exactly the same "acting" as in CSI
I don't see any differrence :wtf: in the acting (which says a lot actually) :lol:
like Mac would say - the same Modus operandi :D it's almost like she's the same person
I expect from a good actor - to see a big difference in the roles their playing

dopebabygirl said:
is youtubed her
and in Without a trace - it's kinda exactly the same "acting" as in CSI
I don't see any differrence :wtf: in the acting (which says a lot actually) :lol:
like Mac would say - the same Modus operandi :D it's almost like she's the same person
I expect from a good actor - to see a big difference in the roles their playing

I remember watching that. I was far more interested in the fate of one of the main characters though, so she hardly registered on my mind even when I saw that episode. All I can recall is her sitting in a room with one of the agents and sulking like a teenager caught staying out late. :lol: If she was supposed to be 'scary' or 'menacing', it failed big time.

Yeah, good point on the 'same modus operandi' aspect of her acting. She was also in this series called Medical Investigation (I think that's the correct title), and the only thing different with her character in there from Lindsay in CSI:NY is that they have different jobs and that her MI character barely had screen time. :lol: Apart from that, the lack of emoting is very much apparent in all the roles she's had so far.

And yeah, good point also on skilled actors being able to play different roles differently. Like say, Gary Oldman, for example. Take two of his most recent movie roles; Sirius from a Harry Potter movie and Commissioner Gordon from The Dark Knight. Same actor, but such different roles in very different settings, and guess what? Not once did I ever think, "Hey, look, that's Gary Oldman attempting to be Sirius!" or "That's Gary Oldman trying to be Comm. Gordon!" When he was on screen, he became his character, and that's what good acting is all about.

Yeah, good point on the 'same modus operandi' aspect of her acting. She was also in this series called Medical Investigation (I think that's the correct title), and the only thing different with her character in there from Lindsay in CSI:NY is that they have different jobs and that her MI character barely had screen time. :lol: Apart from that, the lack of emoting is very much apparent in all the roles she's had so far.

I recently saw Anna's performance in Law & Order: SVU and I have to say that, whilst it was a small part, she was pretty good in it. She played a terrified victim who had escaped from a serial killer, obviously her character was very emotional, and, in my opinion, she came across very well on screen.

So does this mean she only emotes when she appears on screen for only a few seconds to a minute or so? :lol: Perhaps long-term roles isn't her forte and she's better suited for very minor roles that don't require depth to the character.

The thought brings me back to TPTB having mentioned that Lindsay was meant to be just a recurring character. Kinda makes me want to headdesk when I think about how different things might have been if TPTB had introduced Lindsay gradually into the show. Maybe test-ran Belknap first with short scenes to evaluate the audience's response to her, instead of signing up her full-time just like that even after she admitted her audition sucked and Hill Harper had to put in a good word for her.

He shouldn't have had to put a good word in for her. (does that sencence make sense??)

It's a good thing,the character Lindsay itself,being totally different that Aiden that the actor is a bad choice. Lets just hope they will change that :cool:

I saw a short scene from Law and Order with her, I didn't like it though it wasn't that bad, there's still something that reminds me of Lindsay

never happend to me watching Garys movies

So does this mean she only emotes when she appears on screen for only a few seconds to a minute or so? :lol: Perhaps long-term roles isn't her forte and she's better suited for very minor roles that don't require depth to the character.
That is an interesting theory. Maybe she really is better when she doesn't have to be responsible for developing depth to a character over the longer term.

I haven't seen her SVU episode, but I did see her in an episode of "Without A Trace." I was pretty indifferent to her in that. Her part ran throughout the episode, but while I didn't think she sucked, she didn't stand out to me as anything special in terms of her acting either. She was adequate to the task.

Plus if she is just in an episode here and there of a show, she doesn't have to have that long-standing interaction with the other characters and they wouldn't have to continually mutate the other characters to suit her. They wouldn't have to have the other characters act like her character is so great when she has shown so many negative qualities and petulant attitudes that it is actually hard to believe anyone (meaning the other characters on the show) actually like her and like working with her. (Again, I don't mean Anna and the other actors here, but Lindsay and the other characters. ) I know that is a part that really bugs me and I have seen others say that as well.

I saw a short scene from Law and Order with her, I didn't like it though it wasn't that bad, there's still something that reminds me of Lindsay

never happend to me watching Garys movies

That is another big problem - it always feels like I am watching Anna act rather than watching Lindsay on screen. Again, if she is just a guest star once or twice on a show this wouldn't matter as much, but at this point Anna should have a really great handle on who Lindsay is, but it doesn't seem like she does.

dopebabygirl said:
He shouldn't have had to put a good word in for her. (does that sencence make sense??)

Yeah, it makes sense. If she was to be hired for an acting role, she should be hired based on her acting skills and not someone else's word, right?

privatename said:
That is an interesting theory. Maybe she really is better when she doesn't have to be responsible for developing depth to a character over the longer term.

Plus if she is just in an episode here and there of a show, she doesn't have to have that long-standing interaction with the other characters and they wouldn't have to continually mutate the other characters to suit her. They wouldn't have to have the other characters act like her character is so great when she has shown so many negative qualities and petulant attitudes that it is actually hard to believe anyone (meaning the other characters on the show) actually like her and like working with her.

Exactly. A well-developed character brings more to the show, not detract from it to the point of forcing other characters to be turned OOC for the sake of fitting a bad character. When other characters have to be changed dramatically just to get one character to fit into things, something is very wrong somewhere. And yeah, the lack of realism where Lindsay is concerned does nothing for the believability of Lindsay as a character and to a certain extent, the show's believability. The CSI franchise likes to pride itself on its realism and I doubt it only extends to it science. Who's going to take things seriously if the characters aren't realistic and actions and consequences no longer count for anything?

That is another big problem - it always feels like I am watching Anna act rather than watching Lindsay on screen. Again, if she is just a guest star once or twice on a show this wouldn't matter as much, but at this point Anna should have a really great handle on who Lindsay is, but it doesn't seem like she does.

The even bigger gripe some people have is that she doesn't seem interested at all in developing Lindsay's character, based on her interviews. It's sad when you read other interviews and clearly see how much the others on the cast have put into their own characters, especially Carmine.

The even bigger gripe some people have is that she doesn't seem interested at all in developing Lindsay's character, based on her interviews. It's sad when you read other interviews and clearly see how much the others on the cast have put into their own characters, especially Carmine.
I have noticed that as well. She does seem to have the attitude that she is doing what she is doing and that is all she is going to do -- nothing more, no more thought or effort. And, it is quite annoying when she is obviously part of a cast that is continuously working on adding depth and putting thought into their characters.

The way I see it is that Lindsay was never developed as a character. She was just dropped in at the start of season two and then this big piece of history of hers wasn't explained until the near end of season three and we were just left with this gaping hole. Without any development, I lost interest v. quickly. They had plenty of opportunity to do so, in Zoo York Stella mentions the reasons for why Lindsay was chosen, we never get a full explanation of what she did to place her on Mac's map.

But in honest opinion, they've got too far and left her cut off from the entire team except from Danny (obviously) and interactions with Stella and Mac - the latter almost feels like a child looking for approval from a father which sometimes can get annoying (the tie thing in 'People With Money' made me cringe)

I don't know if there's anything they can do to save her character.

Welcome to the thread, xxmaybe!

The way I see it is that Lindsay was never developed as a character. She was just dropped in at the start of season two and then this big piece of history of hers wasn't explained until the near end of season three and we were just left with this gaping hole.
Yes, from the start, Danny was used as a prop for her character. That in itself was already a humongous mistake on TPTB's part. It is indeed noteworthy that anything about Lindsay's background wasn't shown till the latter half of season three, one and a half seasons after she first appeared. Even more noteworthy is that TPTB spent more time sticking Lindsay to Danny like a leech than developing her as an independent character worthy of being on the main cast. Please to be seeing the first sentence of this paragraph for the reason.

And agreed on the gaping hole issue; several people have mentioned the peculiarity of Lindsay getting over her PTSD just like that. It, amongst a list of other things, lessened believability and depth of her character. Not a good thing at all for a character who's needed propping from the very beginning.

Without any development, I lost interest v. quickly. They had plenty of opportunity to do so, in Zoo York Stella mentions the reasons for why Lindsay was chosen, we never get a full explanation of what she did to place her on Mac's map.
What was it again? That she solved some high profile case involving blood work? Interesting ya never see Lindsay showing her expertise on that. :lol:

I remember that scene where did that 'I rock' thing
my reaction to this was :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
that was so unconvincing and looked kinda forced - I couldn't buy her reaction

Anna should finaly try to develop her character.

moz-screenshot-4.jpg

I hated that scene as well because it seemed forced and unnatural. And, in addition, it seemed like she wanted a big pat on the back for doing her job. That was one of her worst scenes as far as I am concerned, both because I don't think what she did warranted an "I rock" scene and because it really struck false because of how unnatural it was on the part of the actor. She just didn't pull it off.

moz-screenshot-4.jpg

I hated that scene as well because it seemed forced and unnatural. And, in addition, it seemed like she wanted a big pat on the back for doing her job. That was one of her worst scenes as far as I am concerned, both because I don't think what she did warranted an "I rock" scene and because it really struck false because of how unnatural it was on the part of the actor. She just didn't pull it off.

If she had come up with some brilliant idea that no one else had thought of and ended up cracking the case then I could see why Lindsay might do that. (I still would find Anna's performance cringe-worthy.) But all she did is begrudgingly follow Mac's orders and came upon the results, after quite a few misses, by trial and error. Wow, you really do rock, Lindsay. :wtf: No one else could've possibly pulled off that amazing feat. :rolleyes: You are, to quote Faylinn, quite the "special snowflake." :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back